ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MBhat
Newly Registered

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by MBhat » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:45 am

what will happen in this website post the BRP expiry date ? I have applied for ILR and when i enter my BRP number it shows valid till 7th Feb ( My current BRP expiry date ) .

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:53 am

MBhat wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:45 am
what will happen in this website post the BRP expiry date ? I have applied for ILR and when i enter my BRP number it shows valid till 7th Feb ( My current BRP expiry date ) .
You can not view the status if your BRP is expired.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

MBhat
Newly Registered

Post by MBhat » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:59 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:53 am
MBhat wrote:
oK . Thanks . So, after BRP expiry which is 7th Feb 2021 , how can I check if my right to work status has changed or not ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:02 pm

MBhat wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:59 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:53 am
MBhat wrote:
oK . Thanks . So, after BRP expiry which is 7th Feb 2021 , how can I check if my right to work status has changed or not ?
Your work rights will remain the same as long you make an in time application. You are covered by Section 3C until a decision is made. You can not check though after BRP expiry. Your employer can check with HO. You will have to wait for your decision.

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Galaa

Post by Galaa » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:12 pm

Hi All,
Today, I have received my approval email. Super happy and thanks to all moderators and contributors of the forum. The timeline was massively helpful!

One more question:
Is the ILR grant date is the same date of the approval email?

gdrmvrm
Newly Registered
India

Post by gdrmvrm » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:33 pm

Hello,

I am beginning to get a bit worried. People that have applied after me have started receiving approvals. I am trying not to be paranoid (but it is quite hard given the position!). I was hoping that mine was a straight forward case - 5 years same employer, a lot of them from my company have had approvals. My job is in the shortage occupation, etc...and therefore would hear about it (fairly) quickly.

Does anyone have an idea of why some people seem to get it quicker while others seems to take longer on the SET (O) applications? A part of me just wants to rescind the application and apply using priority to get over this $hitty waiting period.

swissman20
Mood:
India

Post by swissman20 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:44 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:59 pm
swissman20 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:06 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:43 pm
@swissman20, @poper and @Aksrava - Correct, currently running at around 125-130 days for Set LR. It is possible that the case load post August is lower and decision times may start reducing steadily. August end had the highest number of Set LR applications since last March (at least from what was reported).

@Amy_R88 - yes, this is the new "post brexit" design. Previous BRP's conformed to the EU residence permit requirements/design.

@durga - That is weird and interesting. Then again, it's the Home Office. They have their own weird and (un)wonderful ways of doing things.
@ajitu92 - feeling positive today after seeing the latest LR timeline post - 20/9 submission. As you rightly point out, the forum posts are but a miniscule portion of the entire set of applications so it is quite likely we are not getting the complete picture which if anything has to be better than what we are estimating, i.e. there being people beyond 20/9 who've got approvals.
Aye, they seem to be moving ever so slightly quicker now. Maybe, but I would assume that even with a miniscule proportion, the trend would remain similar...and that assumption has stood the test of time over the last year.
Agree with your observation. This is confirmed by the updates on the SET LR timeline threads with members posting as they see others who applied around their dates get approval..... :D

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:36 pm

swissman20 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:44 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:59 pm
swissman20 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:06 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:43 pm
@swissman20, @poper and @Aksrava - Correct, currently running at around 125-130 days for Set LR. It is possible that the case load post August is lower and decision times may start reducing steadily. August end had the highest number of Set LR applications since last March (at least from what was reported).

@Amy_R88 - yes, this is the new "post brexit" design. Previous BRP's conformed to the EU residence permit requirements/design.

@durga - That is weird and interesting. Then again, it's the Home Office. They have their own weird and (un)wonderful ways of doing things.
@ajitu92 - feeling positive today after seeing the latest LR timeline post - 20/9 submission. As you rightly point out, the forum posts are but a miniscule portion of the entire set of applications so it is quite likely we are not getting the complete picture which if anything has to be better than what we are estimating, i.e. there being people beyond 20/9 who've got approvals.
Aye, they seem to be moving ever so slightly quicker now. Maybe, but I would assume that even with a miniscule proportion, the trend would remain similar...and that assumption has stood the test of time over the last year.
Agree with your observation. This is confirmed by the updates on the SET LR timeline threads with members posting as they see others who applied around their dates get approval..... :D
👍
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

veerabchv
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by veerabchv » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:27 pm

Is Priority service for ILR applications available at the moment ??

currently I've express slot at croydon to give biometric. Not sure how can I change my visa processing time from standard to priority visa processing.
Regards,
Veera

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:48 pm

@veerabchv,
you cannot change your application to super priority if you already applied on the standard service.
You need to withdraw before biometrics submission(for a refund) and re-apply again.
Super priority is available only for SET(O) route
https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa ... ide-the-uk
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

proms1
Newly Registered

Post by proms1 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:20 pm

Just a question, can you not withdraw an application after biometric been done but before any decision been made?

would there be any issue with fee refunds?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:20 pm

proms1 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:20 pm
Just a question, can you not withdraw an application after biometric been done but before any decision been made?

No refund will be given in this case.

gdrmvrm
Newly Registered
India

Post by gdrmvrm » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:21 pm

gdrmvrm wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:33 pm
Hello,

I am beginning to get a bit worried. People that have applied after me have started receiving approvals. I am trying not to be paranoid (but it is quite hard given the position!). I was hoping that mine was a straight forward case - 5 years same employer, a lot of them from my company have had approvals. My job is in the shortage occupation, etc...and therefore would hear about it (fairly) quickly.

Does anyone have an idea of why some people seem to get it quicker while others seems to take longer on the SET (O) applications? A part of me just wants to rescind the application and apply using priority to get over this $hitty waiting period.
So much for my rant, I got my approval today! :o

proms1
Newly Registered

Post by proms1 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:29 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
proms1 wrote:

Thank you for your prompt response @CULLINAN

Sometime people do vary their applications after biometrics (but before any decision been made) - do they get refunds for their previous application?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:13 pm

proms1 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:29 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
proms1 wrote:

Sometime people do vary their applications after biometrics (but before any decision been made) - do they get refunds for their previous application?
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 3.0ext.pdf

proms1
Newly Registered

Post by proms1 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:09 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:13 pm
proms1 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:29 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
proms1 wrote:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 3.0ext.pdf
Thank you

ntuleimat
Newly Registered

Post by ntuleimat » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:46 pm

Dear All,
A friend of mine applied for ILR Set (M) and she submitted her biometrics today in person. She was told to start counting the 6 months period from today and not from the date she submitted and paid the fees. This is contrast to the known rule of the period starting from the date of application submission and payment.
Please advise if someone got the same feedback.
Thanks,

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:40 am

@ntuleimat, whoever "told" this has provided incorrect information
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

ntuleimat
Newly Registered

Post by ntuleimat » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:58 am

poper wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:40 am
@ntuleimat, whoever "told" this has provided incorrect information
Thanks for the reply. Is there any confirmation about the start of the 6 moths period at Gov.uk? This will be useful to use to challenge anyone making such comments from UKVCAS.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:11 am

For example in,
https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/apply-to-settle

You’ll be told whether your application has been successful within 6 months of your application date if you use the standard service.

When you download your application form, the application date is the date you paid & submitted online

Kumar555
India

Post by Kumar555 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:17 pm

Kumar555 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:43 pm
Any Oct/Nov applicant still waiting for Set (o) approval E-Mail?
I have applied on Nov 19 for in-person Biometrics and still waiting.
Hi All,

I finally got my Set (o) Approval today after a long wait for more than 2 Months. I am flying high with happiness.
I wish all the very best to all the applicants and hope everyone gets a speedy approval.

Thanks to all the moderators and a special one Cullian.
Your support and sharing information have helped us a great deal and has given strength during this tough wait time.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:35 pm

Congrats @kumar555!!

Shahid00087
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shahid00087 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:01 pm

Hi all I am uploading my documents my question is when I upload documents it says description can I put my documents names i.e passport page number etc or leave it because its optional anyway.

Secondly do I need to take my all bank statements to my appointment because whatever I upload i have to take on my appointment my bank statement are online thirdly consent part 1 i have to sign and part 2 my Mrs but part 3
Consent for the home office to verify information from third party sponsor.
I have no third party sponsor so I need leave it blank and send it or don't send it.
Thanks in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:11 pm

Shahid00087 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:01 pm
Hi all I am uploading my documents my question is when I upload documents it says description can I put my documents names i.e passport page number etc or leave it because its optional anyway.
It is best to keep all passport pages in 1 PDF file. You can input the caption as you like. Make sure it is as short as possible and to the point. Caption is recommended by me

Secondly do I need to take my all bank statements to my appointment because whatever I upload i have to take on my appointment my bank statement are online thirdly consent part 1 i have to sign and part 2 my Mrs but part 3
Consent for the home office to verify information from third party sponsor.
I have no third party sponsor so I need leave it blank and send it or don't send it.
Thanks in advance
Carry originals only. No need to print soft copies. Self submit your documents recommended. Only passport and appointment confirmation will be checked. Leave the Part 3 blank or input N/A and upload. Does not matter

Shahid00087
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shahid00087 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:44 pm

Thanks for help @CULLINAN if I have scanned all passport pages individually can I upload them individually?