ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pending decisions/approvals on applications from 16-17

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pluto1992
Ireland

Re: Pending decisions/approvals on applications from 16-17

Post by pluto1992 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:01 pm

Only people who have been waiting for years would understand how it feels to be ignored for so long.
As I have said earlier, I had requested for FOI. They do a yearly ritual of requesting a Garda vetting certificate. So far they have 3. Soon enough they'll have the 4th one. Other than that, no one even looks at my application. Thats what I want to know, that why is that? Is this because of the country of origin of the applicant? If so, isnt there an anti-discrimination law or something, privilege or not?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:10 pm

Pluto, if they are conducting garda vetting on you every year without much progress, then this could be something for you to look at. Maybe they're not entirely sure about your criminal background. Try to send them police certificate from your home country or any other country that you have lived in before.

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:12 pm

Martin74 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:55 am

@fuzzbizz I guess the fact that you CAN work in the UK should be of no importance to you or any other applicant since, in our application we all have clearly stated that we intend to live in the Republic of Ireland in the future?

I can intend to reside in Ireland in completely good faith but still take comfort in knowing that if, 20 years from now, a great opportunity comes up in Belfast, Edinburgh, whatever, I can take it.

Martin74
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Martin74 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:13 pm

@Vorona - Yes. It is an opinion and let it be a speculation which almost everyone believes to be true.

Honestly, I do not care much what the perception of my German Passport is on a Russian border. And I do not think anybody cares. I do not go where I'm not welcome, unless I have to, easy as that. I does not matter how the EU citizens are being viewed by anybody else, that is not our problem, it's theirs.

Fact is, the EU passports are the strongest in the world, that is not up for discussion. All EU passports rank in the top 25 and the Czech one you have mentioned ranks number 8. That is something I'd say.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexledsom ... c-in-2021/

You're implying that, because I have applied for the Irish Citizenship means that my German Passport is not good enough for me? Not only is that not a fact, but an opinion and a speculation, but a complete nonsense.

The only reason I have applied for that passport is my endless love to this country. I live here, and I'll die here as this is where my heart is and Ireland is the place I call home for 19 years. Other than confirming ( to me ) that I belong here and the voting rights, it has no other benefits to me.

pluto1992
Ireland

Post by pluto1992 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:14 pm

Vorona wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:10 pm
Pluto, if they are conducting garda vetting on you every year without much progress, then this could be something for you to look at. Maybe they're not entirely sure about your criminal background. Try to send them police certificate from your home country or any other country that you have lived in before.
AFAIK, a Garda vetting cert is valid for 12 months. They have to request a new one to keep it up to date. I have never set a foot wrong in the eyes of the law in my life, anywhere in the world.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:21 pm

pluto1992 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:14 pm
AFAIK, a Garda vetting cert is valid for 12 months. They have to request a new one to keep it up to date. I have never set a foot wrong in the eyes of the law in my life, anywhere in the world.
Just give it to them, it won't do any harm and will speak louder than words. At least they will be satisfied that your background is clean.

pluto1992
Ireland

Post by pluto1992 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:26 pm

Vorona wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:21 pm
pluto1992 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:14 pm
Just give it to them, it won't any harm and will speak better than words. At least they will be satisfied that your background is clean.
Did that already with my application. Both from the my home country and a country where I have lived previously. I had submitted a foolproof application. They have never requested a document from me in all this time. Some of my friends from my country of origin have been waiting for even longer than I have. Its not an exception, its a norm for many applicants of Asian origin.

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:28 pm

I agree that there is no accountability for long waiting times.
In some other countries it is more clear, and when period expires, it can only be maximum extended for some period of time as in NL for example https://ind.nl/en/Pages/decision-periods.aspx
It looks they have easier procedure for EU national residents though.
"The EU citizen must sign a declaration in the municipality where he/she lives. This states that he/she has lived in the Netherlands for the last 5 years. In that period of time not more than 6 months may have been spent outside the Netherlands."

Irish citizenship makes your life easier and allows you to plan long time future in country.
It is just travel in usual times is far more complex for non-eu citizens. It is really hard to find appointment for Schengen visa in embassy and it is usually given for the time of vailidity of the IRP card and sometimes onl for one trip.
Some banks require 20% deposit for mortgage for first buyers.
Education is cheaper. Doctors can participate in training.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:33 pm

pluto1992 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:26 pm
Its not an exception, its a norm for many applicants of Asian origin.
I am an Asian woman of Vietnamese descent. The fact that I am a dual Russian-American citizen doesn't make me any less Asian. Ireland is the most welcoming country I have ever lived in.

alhakeem
Ireland

Post by alhakeem » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:51 pm

Martin74 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:11 pm

All I am saying is, that I believe that a decision on whether or not to grant a citizenship to a foreigner is much quicker when the applicant is an EU citizen. That is for reasons I have described and also because the checks on EU level tend to work out much faster than on international level.

Martin
That is absolutely true.

irishman003
Ireland

Post by irishman003 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:57 pm

Vorona wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:33 pm
pluto1992 wrote:
I am an Asian woman of Vietnamese descent. The fact that I am a dual Russian-American citizen doesn't make me any less Asian. Ireland is the most welcoming country I have ever lived in.
No body doubts Ireland is a welcoming country, and I believe most applicants love Ireland that's why they choose to live here over their home country.

You are lucky that your application was approved in a short time, I actually have no negative opinion so far towards waiting time as I only applied in Dec 19, and I understand it may take longer than usual due to Covid.

But really for people who applied 16-17 as the subject suggested, is really painful... be empathetic.

You could have only imagined how annoying it was if you were on their boat waiting for more than 5 years for a result.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:17 pm

irishman003 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:57 pm
But really for people who applied 16-17 as the subject suggested, is really painful... be empathetic.
You could have only imagined how annoying it was if you were on their boat waiting for more than 5 years for a result.
I agree with you on that one. It is disappointing when you have to wait for too long.
However it is too harsh to assume that Department approaches people of Asian or other non EU countries with a discriminatory or ra-cist prejudice. We have a lot of Asians (Chinese, Pakistanis, Indians) being welcomed and living in our country for many years. Even our former Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has Asian heritage.
Last edited by Vorona on Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paddy1996
Albania

Post by Paddy1996 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:19 pm

irishman003 wrote:
Vorona wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:33 pm
pluto1992 wrote:
No body doubts Ireland is a welcoming country, and I believe most applicants love Ireland that's why they choose to live here over their home country.

You are lucky that your application was approved in a short time, I actually have no negative opinion so far towards waiting time as I only applied in Dec 19, and I understand it may take longer than usual due to Covid.

Exactly waiting for a long time I would be more happy getting a negative decision then waiting 2-3-4-5 years , at least I know that I won’t take any stress when’s I have a negative decision I can still apply agein and agein so I know which is situation it’s my case

irishman003
Ireland

Post by irishman003 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:32 pm

Vorona wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:17 pm
irishman003 wrote:
I agree with you on that one. It is disappointing when you have to wait for too long.
However it is too harsh to assume that Department approaches people of Asian or other non EU countries with a discriminatory or ra-cist prejudice. We have a lot of Asians (Chinese, Pakistanis, Indians) being welcomed and living in our country for many years. Even our former Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has Asian heritage.
I really hope they are not giving a hard time on any particular ethnics, and ya, I have seen many Asians who posted on the timeline threads who have got their approvals after a reasonable amount of time.

It's definitely case by case plus a pinch of luck, but after been on this forum for a couple years and through my observation to the posts, I am quite sure about the following IN GENERAL:

1: EU citizens get approval faster than non-EU, I guess every body agrees on this.

2: Irish Spouses/Work Permit holders get approval faster than Stamp 4 EU FAM

3: A significant amount of people who are from Asia, especially from India, Pakistan, African countries, are complaining the waiting times, this doesn't mean they are all processed slower than the others, but I hardly see any other nationals are complaining about this, so I presume, there is an issue there.

pluto1992
Ireland

Post by pluto1992 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:41 pm

Vorona wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:17 pm
I dont think its too harsh to ask why my application is taking years to "process" as compared to other people? Whats the secrecy about? Why cant the department tell me why its taking long without insulting my intelligence by giving me a template email response? For all I know, it could be a bot that sends that email response. Is it too harsh to ask data to show which nationalities are worse off when it comes to naturalisation application?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:45 pm

And yet Pakistanis, Indians, Nigerians, Chinese and Filipinos are among top 10 nationalities granted Irish citizenship in 2018 according to the official information :mrgreen:
pluto1992 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:41 pm
is it too harsh to ask data to show which nationalities are worse off when it comes to naturalisation application?
Not at all. It will be very interesting for everyone to see the statistics.

TropicalTornado
Mood:
Iraq

Post by TropicalTornado » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:30 pm

pluto1992 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:41 pm
Is it too harsh to ask data to show which nationalities are worse off when it comes to naturalisation application?
You can try but I don't expect the department gives you the statistics easily. However we can get an estimate here in the Forum; By starting a new topic and asking everyone to enter their nationalities and the waiting time.

amolbawate
Ireland

Post by amolbawate » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:33 pm

Inis have this document on their site. But its from 2018. Look like they haven't release the numbers for 2019 and 2020.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/pu ... eview-2018

irishman003
Ireland

Post by irishman003 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:42 pm

amolbawate wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:33 pm
Inis have this document on their site. But its from 2018. Look like they haven't release the numbers for 2019 and 2020.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/pu ... eview-2018
Very interesting, thanks for sharing

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:51 pm

Thanks for a link. Page 22:
"The top ten nationalities of people naturalised since 2011 are, in order:
1.Poland,
2.India,
3.Nigeria,
4.Romania,
5.Philippines,
6.Pakistan,
7.China (incl. Hong Kong),
8.Ukraine,
9.South Africa, and
10.Bangladesh."

:mrgreen: what a discrimination :mrgreen:

pluto1992
Ireland

Post by pluto1992 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:36 pm

Vorona wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:51 pm
Thanks for a link. Page 22:
"The top ten nationalities of people naturalised since 2011 are, in order:
1.Poland,
2.India,
3.Nigeria,
4.Romania,
5.Philippines,
6.Pakistan,
7.China (incl. Hong Kong),
8.Ukraine,
9.South Africa, and
10.Bangladesh."

:mrgreen: what a discrimination :mrgreen:
Sorry did I miss something ... where is the processing time in this data?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:11 pm

pluto1992 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:36 pm
Sorry did I miss something ... where is the processing time in this data?
You're welcome to ask the Department about it. Share it when you get it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:52 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.