ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa approved in 4 working days!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CZ2021
Newly Registered
China

really need help about application form questions please.

Post by CZ2021 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:58 pm

Hi guys

I am currently in the process of switching from fiancé visa to spouse visa. My husband and I got married in December last year, and I have been in the UK on fiancé visa since October last year. I am just filling the application form now and really confused by some questions as they are very vague and unclear, hopefully you guys can help me, much appreciated! thank you.

1, how long have you lived in the UK?
is this referring to my stay on my fiancé visa or the the total time lived in the UK? as I was on tier 4 visa a few years back. Also I overstayed my tier 4 for a few years and will the overstaying period count too?

2, have you been out of the UK since you started living here?
again, is this asking if I left the UK during my fiancé visa or my entire time in the UK?

3, have you ever been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any country, including the UK?
as I mentioned that I overstayed my tier 4 before, but I never received any letter requiring me to leave because I moved address, obviously I assume they did send letters out to my registered address, so is the answer a yes to this question?

4, Have you been subject to an exclusion order from the uk now or in the past?
I assume I have a automatic visa ban if I were to apply for a point based visa for instance ( I applied for the fiancé visa in my home country), does this mean I have a exclusion order? or is it different to a visa ban?

Any help is very much appreciated, thank you.

CZ2021
Newly Registered
China

Re: really need help about application form questions please.

Post by CZ2021 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:25 pm

anyone can help please? thank you!

CZ2021
Newly Registered
China

Re: really need help about application form questions please.

Post by CZ2021 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:26 pm

anyone can help please? thank you!

CZ2021
Newly Registered
China

Initial spouse visa from fiancé visa

Post by CZ2021 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:18 pm

Hi guys

I am currently in the process of switching from fiancé visa to spouse visa. My husband and I got married in December last year, and I have been in the UK on fiancé visa since October last year. I am just filling the application form now and really confused by some questions as they are very vague and unclear, hopefully you guys can help me, much appreciated! thank you.

is this referring to my stay on my fiancé visa or the the total time lived in the UK? as I was on tier 4 visa a few years back. Also I overstayed my tier 4 for a few years and will the overstaying period count too?

again, is this asking if I left the UK during my fiancé visa or my entire time in the UK?

3, have you ever been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any country, including the UK?
as I mentioned that I overstayed my tier 4 before, but I never received any letter requiring me to leave because I moved address, obviously I assume they did send letters out to my registered address, so is the answer a yes to this question?

I assume I have a automatic visa ban if I were to apply for a point based visa for instance ( I applied for the fiancé visa in my home country), does this mean I have a exclusion order? or is it different to a visa ban?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Initial spouse visa from fiancé visa

Post by TODMATT » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:43 pm

CZ2021 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:18 pm
Hi guys

is this referring to my stay on my fiancé visa or the the total time lived in the UK? as I was on tier 4 visa a few years back. Also I overstayed my tier 4 for a few years and will the overstaying period count too?Your current leave which is fiancee visa.

again, is this asking if I left the UK during my fiancé visa or my entire time in the UK? Have you left the UK since you have arrived on your fiancee visa? the answer should be NO

as I mentioned that I overstayed my tier 4 before, but I never received any letter requiring me to leave because I moved address, obviously I assume they did send letters out to my registered address, so is the answer a yes to this question? Yes

I assume I have a automatic visa ban if I were to apply for a point based visa for instance ( I applied for the fiancé visa in my home country), does this mean I have a exclusion order? or is it different to a visa ban? I would say No because an exclusion order as per interpretation of immigrations Exclusion order

My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

CZ2021
Newly Registered
China

Re: Initial spouse visa from fiancé visa

Post by CZ2021 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:56 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:43 pm
CZ2021 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:18 pm
Hi guys

is this referring to my stay on my fiancé visa or the the total time lived in the UK? as I was on tier 4 visa a few years back. Also I overstayed my tier 4 for a few years and will the overstaying period count too?Your current leave which is fiancee visa.

again, is this asking if I left the UK during my fiancé visa or my entire time in the UK? Have you left the UK since you have arrived on your fiancee visa? the answer should be NO

as I mentioned that I overstayed my tier 4 before, but I never received any letter requiring me to leave because I moved address, obviously I assume they did send letters out to my registered address, so is the answer a yes to this question? Yes

I assume I have a automatic visa ban if I were to apply for a point based visa for instance ( I applied for the fiancé visa in my home country), does this mean I have a exclusion order? or is it different to a visa ban? I would say No because an exclusion order as per interpretation of immigrations Exclusion order

Thank you very much for your help!! really appreciate it.

CZ2021
Newly Registered
China

document format in self uploading

Post by CZ2021 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:10 pm

Hello everyone

Can I ask if anyone knows whether I should fit pictures and screenshots of WhatsApp/Facebook on A4 for self uploading? or can I just upload them the way they are in JPGs? thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: document format in self uploading

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:14 pm

CZ2021 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:10 pm
Hello everyone

Can I ask if anyone knows whether I should fit pictures and screenshots of WhatsApp/Facebook on A4 for self uploading? or can I just upload them the way they are in JPGs? thank you.
You do not need WhatsApp screenshots to switch form a fiance visa to a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CZ2021
Newly Registered
China

Post by CZ2021 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:14 pm
CZ2021 wrote:
Hello everyone

You do not need WhatsApp screenshots to switch form a fiance visa to a spouse visa.
How about other relationship proof? I just thought just marriage certificate may seem a bit unconvincing.

CZ2021
Newly Registered
China

Salary increase (spouse visa) please help

Post by CZ2021 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:54 pm

Hello everyone

can anyone help me please, I just find out that my British partner has had two salary increases, one in last July and another in October (not drastic increase, one is after probationary pay increase and another is just annual pay review increase), we qualify for category A, which means I will submit 6 months payslips (from October to January). Now I am confused to which salary should I put on the application form? The salary stated on the employment contract is the old salary from before July, shall I put this on the application form and ignoring the slight salary increase just to be to more consistent? or do I put the most recent salary? I wouldn't want to make the mistake here and affect the calculation somehow, please help, thank you !!

Before July: £22580
After July: £22812
After October: £23268

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:23 pm

CZ2021 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:04 pm
CR001 wrote:
CZ2021 wrote:
Hello everyone

How about other relationship proof? I just thought just marriage certificate may seem a bit unconvincing.
Not required.

You need your marriage cert any anything you have addressed to each of you at the same address.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CZ2021
Newly Registered
China

Post by CZ2021 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:23 pm
CZ2021 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
CZ2021 wrote:
Hello everyone

Not required.

You need your marriage cert any anything you have addressed to each of you at the same address.
Thank you, I believe the required numbers of evidence to prove cohabitation is irrelevant to me also right? I can only gather 1 or 2 pieces of letters with joint names due to the short period of time I have been living here, and then a few of letters of separate names from each of us, would that be sufficient?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:48 pm

CZ2021 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:44 pm
CR001 wrote:
CZ2021 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Not required.

Thank you, I believe the required numbers of evidence to prove cohabitation is irrelevant to me also right? I can only gather 1 or 2 pieces of letters with joint names due to the short period of time I have been living here, and then a few of letters of separate names from each of us, would that be sufficient?
Correct yes. Submit what you have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CZ2021
Newly Registered
China

Post by CZ2021 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:48 pm
CZ2021 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:44 pm
CR001 wrote:
CZ2021 wrote:

Not required.

Correct yes. Submit what you have.
Thank you so much Char :) could you help me with salary increase question by any chance please.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Salary increase (spouse visa) please help

Post by TODMATT » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:29 pm

CZ2021 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:54 pm
Hello everyone

can anyone help me please, I just find out that my British partner has had two salary increases, one in last July and another in October (not drastic increase, one is after probationary pay increase and another is just annual pay review increase), we qualify for category A, which means I will submit 6 months payslips (from October to January). Now I am confused to which salary should I put on the application form? The salary stated on the employment contract is the old salary from before July, shall I put this on the application form and ignoring the slight salary increase just to be to more consistent? or do I put the most recent salary? I wouldn't want to make the mistake here and affect the calculation somehow, please help, thank you !!

Your current salary should be put in the application form since it will match what you employer has put in your employment letter however, UKVI will take the lowest during the period of 6 months.

CZ2021
Newly Registered
China

Post by CZ2021 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:39 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:29 pm
CZ2021 wrote:
Hello everyone

Your current salary should be put in the application form since it will match what you employer has put in your employment letter however, UKVI will take the lowest during the period of 6 months.

will they just take the lowest month pay and multiply by 12? will it be an issue when the calculated figure is lower than my current annual salary? thank you!

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:52 pm

CZ2021 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:39 pm
TODMATT wrote:
CZ2021 wrote:
Hello everyone

will they just take the lowest month pay and multiply by 12? will it be an issue when the calculated figure is lower than my current annual salary? thank you!
Yes if you are paid monthly,

CZ2021
Newly Registered
China

Post by CZ2021 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:00 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:52 pm
CZ2021 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:39 pm
TODMATT wrote:
CZ2021 wrote:
Hello everyone

Yes if you are paid monthly,
Thank you :) Would you know which one I should choose now given the circumstances with the pay increase? I originally selected the first one: the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount, I assume that I should change to the third one now?

The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:35 pm

CZ2021
Newly Registered
China

Post by CZ2021 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:36 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:35 pm
but wouldn't it be not the same amount continuously because It has been changed couple times? sorry I am a bit confused here.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:09 pm

CZ2021 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:36 pm
TODMATT wrote:
but wouldn't it be not the same amount continuously because It has been changed couple times? sorry I am a bit confused here.
If you are apply under CAT A, the first option above will ask you to provide 6 months payslips whereas ticking not the same amount will ask you provide payslips covering 12 months and this is liken to CAT B.

If you tick first option, write a cover letter explaining you are relying on CAT A and provide 6 months payslips.

CZ2021
Newly Registered
China

Post by CZ2021 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:26 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:09 pm
CZ2021 wrote:
TODMATT wrote:
If you are apply under CAT A, the first option above will ask you to provide 6 months payslips whereas ticking not the same amount will ask you provide payslips covering 12 months and this is liken to CAT B.

If you tick first option, write a cover letter explaining you are relying on CAT A and provide 6 months payslips.
yes I am applying under Category A. I did change the answer to not the same amount continuously but above the financial requirement, and somehow the document list still asks for 6 months instead of 12 months. I did a little research on the forum and noticed that it used to ask you for 12 months when you select the option and very likely it was an error with the online form, which was corrected now it seems. So should I still go ahead and choose the first option or do I choose the third one? I am so confused, even though it's asking me for 6 months payslips but I am worried that it will consider me in the wrong category somehow?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:32 pm

CZ2021 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:26 pm
TODMATT wrote:
CZ2021 wrote:
TODMATT wrote:

yes I am applying under Category A. I did change the answer to not the same amount continuously but above the financial requirement, and somehow the document list still asks for 6 months instead of 12 months. I did a little research on the forum and noticed that it used to ask you for 12 months when you select the option and very likely it was an error with the online form, which was corrected now it seems. So should I still go ahead and choose the first option or do I choose the third one? I am so confused, even though it's asking me for 6 months payslips but I am worried that it will consider me in the wrong category somehow?
You're right. I have seen this happen previously but this ONLY happens to application within the UK not outside of the UK applications where people select third option, they would still be asked to provide payslips covering 12 months periods while sometimes ask for 12 months even with application within UK.

As long as it is asking to submit 6 months payslips, this should suffice and you are fine.

CZ2021
Newly Registered
China

Post by CZ2021 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:10 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:32 pm
CZ2021 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:26 pm
TODMATT wrote:
CZ2021 wrote:

You're right. I have seen this happen previously but this ONLY happens to application within the UK not outside of the UK applications where people select third option, they would still be asked to provide payslips covering 12 months periods while sometimes ask for 12 months even with application within UK.

As long as it is asking to submit 6 months payslips, this should suffice and you are fine.
thank you tod, or matt, whichever your name is :D I think I will probably just go for the first one and explain in my cover letter, just to be safe.

CZ2021
Newly Registered
China

what type visa is fiancé visa?

Post by CZ2021 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:42 pm

Hello guys

Just a quick question regarding the application form during some final checks (switching from fiancé visa to spouse visa)

- What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK?

I selected family, just having second thought about maybe it's settlement?

Any help is appreciated thank you :)