ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NINo on BRP for Tier-1 Entrepreneurs?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

1000questions
Newly Registered

NINo on BRP for Tier-1 Entrepreneurs?

Post by 1000questions » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:58 pm

Hi everyone. I received my Tier-1 Entrepreneur visa extension back early December, but still haven't received by BRP. After contacting the Home Office using different email addresses, I finally got a response today. It said there was a delay due to having to confirm my National Insurance Number.

Full text is here:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the delivery of your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

Unfortunately, there is a delay in producing your BRP. You may be aware that there is now a requirement for your National Insurance Number to be displayed on your BRP, we are currently waiting for the Department of Works & Pensions to confirm your National Insurance number.

Once confirmation is received, this information will need to be added to our systems in order to produce your BRP

Quick question. I know the NINo can sometimes be placed on the BRP of the Tier-2 visa holders, but does any have experience of having it on the Tier-1 BRPs? I just want to make sure they haven't made a mistake and I'll wind up waiting a lot longer for them to confirm something they don't need to...