ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for my wife and my five children ages under 18 and over 18, all children are born in Pakistan.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ahtshamrana
Newly Registered
Pakistan

British Citizenship for my wife and my five children ages under 18 and over 18, all children are born in Pakistan.

Post by ahtshamrana » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:03 pm

Dear Sirs / Madam
Question: Best and cheapest way to get British Citizenship for my wife and my five children ages under 18 and over 18, all children were born out of UK. how can i reduce my applications fees

Mother and five children are PBS dependents and arrival date in the UK was 06/12/2016 and current visa Granted Date: 16/11/2020 for three years.

Father is main Applicant.
Main Applicant Current Status: ILR and ILR Granted Date: 16/11/2020
ILR Granted Rout: Tier 1 Entrepreneur - 5 Year

Thanks in advance for answering me and help me out to meat and reduce my applications fees.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: British Citizenship for my wife and my five children ages under 18 and over 18, all children are born in Pakistan.

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:47 pm

Your wife and all children need to secure ILR first before they can apply for Nationality. There is no cheaper way unfortunately.

You can apply for your own nationality after 1 year on ILR. If you become British by then i.e. attend the ceremony, your wife and kids below 18 can apply for naturalisation without waiting 1 year AFTER ILR. If you are not British by then, they will also wait 1 year on ILR before then can apply for Nationality.

Your children 18+ will have to wait for Nationality application for 1 year after ILR.

Note, everyone qualifies for Naturalisation on their own merits. No one is a dependent for anyone. Though, applicants married to British Citizens can apply right after ILR without waiting 1 year on ILR.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

secret.simon

Re: British Citizenship for my wife and my five children ages under 18 and over 18, all children are born in Pakistan.

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:03 pm

See my two responses to similar questions earlier.

There is no alternative to the fees if you want your children to acquire British citizenship. Naturalisation and registration as British citizens is seen as optional and your life in the UK is in no way impacted by you not having British citizenship, if your children and you already have ILR.

What you can do is stagger the naturalisation and registration applications over a few years, taking care to register the under-18 children before they turn 18.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ahtshamrana
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahtshamrana » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:42 am

Dear Sirs / Madam
I have a couple of questions about applying our all-new (naturalization and ILR) applications.
I will apply for a naturalization application after 16-11-2021 after completing 12 months of my ILR, obviously, it will take time (i.e., three to six months or more) to complete all processes and getting my nationality.
When should I apply for an ILR application for my wife to get the chance of her naturalization application without waiting for one year?
either after the become British i.e., attend the ceremony of myself OR Before …..
what if I applied for her ILR application earlier than getting my nationality and she got ILR before getting my nationality?
I want to apply for ILR of my over 18 children with her mother, I know that over 18 must have complete their one year of ILR for applying their naturalization application.
I do not want to apply IRL of my Under 18 children, instead of that I want to apply for naturalization application directly with their mother naturalization application as a family naturalization application.
Please guide me to complete my long journey in the UK, Thanks in advance for answering me and help me out with all this matter.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:48 am

A child over 18 has to wait 1 year on ILR before they can apply for citizenship.

Your wife and children born abroad can apply for ILR when they qualify, regardless of when you become British.

Your wife and children UNDER 18 can apply for citizenship immediately after ILR only IF you are British at that point. Otherwise they can apply after you are British.

Any children born abroad must apply for ILR when your wife does. There is no shortcut route directly to citizenship for them and skipping the ILR step.

ILR and citizenship are TWO completely different processes and rules with their own individual requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ahtshamrana
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahtshamrana » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:26 pm

Thanks for your quick response, I really appreciate it.
I have a bit confused at this point, please help to clarify this point.

first thing first, if my wife got her ILR before getting my nationality, she will not wife of a British Citizen at that time.

Can we apply for her citizenship immediately after getting my nationality? because Now she is the wife of a British Citizen.

Thanks again for helping me and all others

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:33 pm

ahtshamrana wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:26 pm
Thanks for your quick response, I really appreciate it.
I have a bit confused at this point, please help to clarify this point.

first thing first, if my wife got her ILR before getting my nationality, she will not wife of a British Citizen at that time.

Can we apply for her citizenship immediately after getting my nationality? because Now she is the wife of a British Citizen.
If you are a British Citizen (attended your ceremony) by then and your wife holds ILR (even if less than 12 months at that point in time), she can apply for AN right away without waiting any longer, given she meets all other AN requirements also.

Thanks again for helping me and all others
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ahtshamrana
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahtshamrana » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:17 am

Dear CULLINAN
once again thanks to you all, who are providing help and awareness about their immigration issues.

Can you please provide me with some link, policy guideline, or any particular Law no in details in favour of your reply to me....

I shall be thankful to you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:04 pm

ahtshamrana wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:17 am
Dear CULLINAN
once again thanks to you all, who are providing help and awareness about their immigration issues.

Can you please provide me with some link, policy guideline, or any particular Law no in details in favour of your reply to me....

I shall be thankful to you.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... l_2021.pdf

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf