ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Main Applicant & Dependant - 5 Years Cohabitation ILR Documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

luckysunny

Tier 2 General Main Applicant & Dependant - 5 Years Cohabitation ILR Documents

Post by luckysunny » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:34 am

Hello everyone,

Tier 2 General main applicant and Tier 2 general dependant got their entry clearance visas in 2015 at the same time for 5 years. They also entered the UK at the same time.

Tier 2 General main applicant has been with one sponsor throughout the 5 years.

Tier 2 General main applicant and dependant are both eligible to apply for ILR soon and will apply together.

Question:

Should the cohabitation documents for the Tier 2 dependant cover the past 5 years? Or should it cover the last 2 years?

Very confused about this.

If the requirement is 5 years ... or 2 years - could anyone say whether the Home Office specify anywhere how long the cohabitation should be proven for? And if so, could you point me to that information please?

Also, does anyone know over what period should the Tier 2 general main applicant submit bank statements to prove he can take care of himself and dependant?

I appreciate your clarification on the above.

Thanks so much!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General Main Applicant & Dependant - 5 Years Cohabitation ILR Documents

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:52 am

Should the cohabitation documents for the Tier 2 dependant cover the past 5 years? Or should it cover the last 2 years?
The two years before the date of ILR application.
If the requirement is 5 years ... or 2 years - could anyone say whether the Home Office specify anywhere how long the cohabitation should be proven for? And if so, could you point me to that information please?
The rules and the guidance notes state clearly that you have to prove subsisting relationship. This is evidence of cohabitation in both names at the same address.
Also, does anyone know over what period should the Tier 2 general main applicant submit bank statements to prove he can take care of himself and dependant?
You do not have to meet a maintenance fund requirement. You only have to submit one months payslip with the corresponding full bank statement to prove your meet the Tier 2 General SOC/ILR salary requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

luckysunny

Re: Tier 2 General Main Applicant & Dependant - 5 Years Cohabitation ILR Documents

Post by luckysunny » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:15 am

Hello,

Thanks a lot for clarifying!
The reason I am confused is because the immigration rules (319E) for PBS dependants applying for ILR state:

(ii) If (i) does not apply, the specified period is a continuous period of 5 years, during which the applicant must:
(a) have been in a relationship with the same Relevant Points Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker for this entire period,"

Does the Home Office specify that the documents should be for the last 2 years before the ILR and not the entire 5 years of cohabitation? If so, could you point me to the information please?

I have been searching for this information but haven't found anything.

Thanks so much for your help. Much appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:18 am

They only require you to submit 2 years evidence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mso2020
Newly Registered

Post by mso2020 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:04 am

if it helps - below is the text copied from the list after submitting the ilr application last month

6 letters and/or other documents addressed to
you and your partner at the same address to
show that you have been living together during
the past 2.5 years

luckysunny

Post by luckysunny » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:18 am
They only require you to submit 2 years evidence.
Okay, many thanks!

luckysunny

Post by luckysunny » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:43 pm

mso2020 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:04 am
if it helps - below is the text copied from the list after submitting the ilr application last month

the past 2.5 years
Yes, that's very helpful. Thanks so much!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:45 pm

luckysunny wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:43 pm
mso2020 wrote:

the past 2.5 years
Note that for you it is only TWO years. The user that posted this extract applied through a completely different route for ILR and not Tier 2 General.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

luckysunny

Post by luckysunny » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:45 pm
luckysunny wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:43 pm
mso2020 wrote:

the past 2.5 years
Note that for you it is only TWO years. The user that posted this extract applied through a completely different route for ILR and not Tier 2 General.
Okay, noted. Thanks a lot for the clarification. Much appreciated!

luckysunny

Post by luckysunny » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:52 am
The rules and the guidance notes state clearly that you have to prove subsisting relationship. This is evidence of cohabitation in both names at the same address.
You do not have to meet a maintenance fund requirement. You only have to submit one months payslip with the corresponding full bank statement to prove your meet the Tier 2 General SOC/ILR salary requirement.
Hello,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Could you help with the below please?

1. Based on my understanding, the main applicant must have enough funds to support himself and any dependants. 90 days or 3 months bank statement is not required. The most recent payslip and recent bank statement is sufficient to satisfy this requirement. Correct?

2. Is it necessary for the most recent cohabitation documents to be dated less than 1 month before the application submission date online?

3. As the documents will be uploaded online, should they also be taken to the biometrics appointment in person appointment (if we manage to get one)?

4. I noticed there was no mention of passport size photos. Are these required for the ILR applications?

Could you also assist with the following questions which are on the online application form please?

1. I will provide a declaration signed by me to confirm my consent for the Home Office to request verification checks.
- As both tier 2 main applicant and dependant is applying at the same time, does each person need to sign a separate declaration and submit them?

2. Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?
[Main applicant and dependant has joint tenancy agreements and council tax bills. These are not a bank or a utility company. And nothing pertaining to other people will be submitted].
- So should the answer be NO?
- Or should it be YES, and we will both need to complete the form for each other?
(Keeping in mind that council tax and tenancy agreement are not a bank or a utility company)

3. Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?
[Once again the main applicant and dependant has joint tenancy agreements and council tax bills. These are not a bank or a utility company.]
- However, is the main applicant required to say he will financially support the dependant? And answer YES for this question?
(Keeping in mind that council tax and tenancy agreement are not a bank or a utility company)

Maybe I’m overthinking these questions… any help would greatly be appreciated.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:24 pm

1. No maintenance fund requirement. One month payslip and bank statement only.

2. No.

3. Preferable in case something needs to be rescanned.

4. Not required for any online application.
Could you also assist with the following questions which are on the online application form please?

1. I will provide a declaration signed by me to confirm my consent for the Home Office to request verification checks.
- As both tier 2 main applicant and dependant is applying at the same time, does each person need to sign a separate declaration and submit them?

2. Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?
[Main applicant and dependant has joint tenancy agreements and council tax bills. These are not a bank or a utility company. And nothing pertaining to other people will be submitted].
- Or should it be YES, and we will both need to complete the form for each other?

3. Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?
[Once again the main applicant and dependant has joint tenancy agreements and council tax bills. These are not a bank or a utility company.]
- However, is the main applicant required to say he will financially support the dependant? And answer YES for this question?
1. The declaration has 3 parts. Part 1 signed by you and part 2 likely by your spouse.

2. Yes if you are submitting ANYTHING in joint names.

3. No, it means another person other than you and your spouse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

luckysunny

Post by luckysunny » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:24 pm

2. No.

1. The declaration has 3 parts. Part 1 signed by you and part 2 likely by your spouse.

Many thanks

Regarding the family consent form:

As the main applicant and dependant are both applicants - and are both applying for ILR at the same time on the same application form, I am confused whether:

1). PART 1: should be signed and submitted by the main applicant only Or by the main applicant and dependant and thereby submitting 2 signed forms.

And whether:

PART 2: should be signed and submitted by:

- the main applicant and dependant and thereby submitting 2 signed forms (as both parties are applicants and also third party to each other for the joint documents)

Thanks so much

luckysunny

Re: Tier 2 General Main Applicant & Dependant - 5 Years ILR Documents

Post by luckysunny » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:18 pm

Hello,

Am I right to assume that the Tier 2 dependant who was last granted leave in 2015 would NOT need to prove 5 years of continuous residence in the UK when applying for ILR?

And also NO proof of absence (entry and exit stamps) etc. required?

Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 General Main Applicant & Dependant - 5 Years ILR Documents

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:00 pm

luckysunny wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:18 pm
Hello,

Am I right to assume that the Tier 2 dependant who was last granted leave in 2015 would NOT need to prove 5 years of continuous residence in the UK when applying for ILR?
Usually 2 years of cohabitation evidences are required.
luckysunny wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:18 pm
And also NO proof of absence (entry and exit stamps) etc. required?

Many thanks
No as these simply need to disclose in application forms and the same will be borne out from the scanned copies of passport, BRP and UKVI own record.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

James_Min
Newly Registered

Post by James_Min » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:30 pm

luckysunny wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:48 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:24 pm

2. No.

Many thanks

Regarding the family consent form:

As the main applicant and dependant are both applicants - and are both applying for ILR at the same time on the same application form, I am confused whether:

1). PART 1: should be signed and submitted by the main applicant only Or by the main applicant and dependant and thereby submitting 2 signed forms.

And whether:

PART 2: should be signed and submitted by:

- the main applicant and dependant and thereby submitting 2 signed forms (as both parties are applicants and also third party to each other for the joint documents)

Thanks so much
Hello,
I also have the exact confusion whose sign is required for.
Could you please how you solve this confusion?