ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION QUIRIES!!!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shaved
Newly Registered
Pakistan

SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION QUIRIES!!!!!

Post by Shaved » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:07 pm

Dear Seniors:
Can someone please clarify the following for us, it will be great help.
I am on ILR (since June 2019) currently completing the application for my partner who is in Pakistan. We got married in Oct. 2020, we plan to submit our application by mid of Feb. 2021.
Regarding the finance part, I cant figure out which category I fall into, I have read the guidance but still cant make out which category I fall into.
I started new employment with employer 1 with annual salary of GBP27000/- started just 2 weeks ago.
I also work for an agency (employer 2) which I believe is non salaried employment as my hours vary (correct me if I am wrong) and I get paid weekly.
My total earnings for last 12 months from employer 2 is around GBP24000/-, however I had no income during Nov. & Dec. 2020 from this employer.
PLEASE ADVICE...... DO I FULFIL THE FINANCIAL REQUIREMNT UNDER CATEGORY A OR CATEGORY B?

ANOTHER QUESTION IS what type of ceremony was our wedding, what should I write?

Thanks in advance for your time and advice.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION QUIRIES!!!!!

Post by Korekt » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:53 am

You may have a choice as to which category to use to meet the financial requirement.

I take it you're still working for what you labelled as employer 2. Would the total taxable income from this employment reach at least £9,300 for the 26 weeks prior to the date of application?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:56 am

Shaved wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:07 pm
ANOTHER QUESTION IS what type of ceremony was our wedding, what should I write?
You're more likely to know or find the answer to this.

Was it a religious wedding ceremony? Do a search for types of wedding ceremonies and see where what you had fits.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

NaeemAbbas
Pakistan

Post by NaeemAbbas » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:04 am

Let me tell you straight how home office will judge your wedding ceremony and financial requirements.

1. Wedding Ceremoney evidence should be in a form of pictures plus marriage certificate from local council in Pakistan.

2. Just mention that your ceremony was held as an islamic wedding where you performed a nikkah which is islamic marriage contract and later registered it in the local council for which u attached the certificate.

3. To satisfy that the marriage was genuine, please do not only include the marriage certificate or pictures. Also include evidence to prove the relationship was genuine. Like your conversations or call records with your spouse, any pictures of you together before marriage,receipts of any payments you sent to each other, hotel bookings if you stayed together and any other form of evidence that shows you met each other before marriage. This will suffice the relationship requirements.

Financial:

1. Category B:

Lets say u are applying in Feb 2021, the home office will calculate your pay slips income from feb 2020 until jan 2021 and they will count salary deposits before tax. That calculation must meet the minimum financial threshold of £18,600 and the salary deposits must be reflected in the bank statements from Feb 2020 till jan 2021.

1.Category A: Home office will count last 6 months pay slips from August 2020 till Jan 2021 if you are applying in feb. The pay slips must meet the minimum financial threshold of £18,600 and should show the salary deposits in the bank statement.

If the above mentioned facts are not met and the evidence is not submitted, they will refuse your claim under financian grounds.

NaeemAbbas
Pakistan

Post by NaeemAbbas » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:17 am

In my opinion you fall under category B because you did not work in nov and december and last 6 months pay slip may not suffice the minimum financial threshold as previous employer was non salaried. So you will need to show evidence of last 12 months income that would calculate your salary deposits for upto £18,600 in the form of payslips and bank statements. If you do not have this evidence, then I would suggest you to wait 6 months for your new employer and then apply the visa under category A and submit 6 months payslips for continous salaried employment.

Shaved
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaved » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:17 pm

Thank you for your responses.

From Employer 2 my income for 26 weeks is
£8131.00

However, I had another employment with Employer 3; from 1 August until 30th November 2020. This employment was through Employer 2, so for August and September I got paid by Employer 2 for the work done for Employer 3. And in October and November I got paid monthly directly by Employer 3, salary varied for both months due to varied hours.
(I did not mention this earlier on as it is a bit confusing and I was thinking I would fulfil the requirement without using earnings from Employer 3)

I am supposing I’ll have no income from Employer 2 in February 2021 and I will submit my application on 22nd February 2021.

From Employer 2: Total income for 26 weeks is £8131.00
From Employer 3: Total income for 8 weeks (Oct & Nov) is £1527.00
Total from Emp 2 & 3= £9658.00

**26 weeks with Employer 2 are calculated from 24th August 2020 till 21st February 2021. I get paid on a Friday every week for the work done till Monday that week. Have I counted the weeks correctly??

Can you please suggest if I fit in under category B for financial requirement??

Thanking you in advance.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:16 pm

Shaved wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:17 pm
Thank you for your responses.

From Employer 2 my income for 26 weeks is
£8131.00

However, I had another employment with Employer 3; from 1 August until 30th November 2020. This employment was through Employer 2, so for August and September I got paid by Employer 2 for the work done for Employer 3. And in October and November I got paid monthly directly by Employer 3, salary varied for both months due to varied hours.
(I did not mention this earlier on as it is a bit confusing and I was thinking I would fulfil the requirement without using earnings from Employer 3)

I am supposing I’ll have no income from Employer 2 in February 2021 and I will submit my application on 22nd February 2021.

From Employer 2: Total income for 26 weeks is £8131.00
From Employer 3: Total income for 8 weeks (Oct & Nov) is £1527.00
Total from Emp 2 & 3= £9658.00

**26 weeks with Employer 2 are calculated from 24th August 2020 till 21st February 2021. I get paid on a Friday every week for the work done till Monday that week. Have I counted the weeks correctly??

Can you please suggest if I fit in under category B for financial requirement??

Thanking you in advance.
The fact that you have recently started a new job 2 weeks ago put you under CAT B salaried.

CAT B salaried

Requirement 1: You are currently earning £27k a year which meets the first condition of CAT B salaried.
Requirement 2: Add all income you have received in last 12 months including ones from previous employers and current employer. If all of them is equal to £18,600.

Can you confirm you are still employed with employer 2?

Both requirement have been fulfilled.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Shaved
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaved » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:30 pm

Yes I am still employed with employer 2 also.

And last 12 months income from employer 2 is £18600 plus. But as mentioned earlier, I had no income from Employer 2 in Nov & Dec, does that matter??

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:12 pm

Shaved wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:30 pm
Yes I am still employed with employer 2 also.

And last 12 months income from employer 2 is £18600 plus. But as mentioned earlier, I had no income from Employer 2 in Nov & Dec, does that matter??
The income from second job can also be added to meet first condition of CAT B but if you are non salaried, you would have to use the non salaried formula by adding all income since you have been employed divide it by number of months or weeks employed has been held x 12 if paid monthly or 52 if paid weekly. Add it to the first job 27k.

The gap doesn't matter as both requirements are fulfilled but you have to explain this in a cover letter clearly to the caseworker.

Shaved
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION QUERIES !!!!!

Post by Shaved » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:25 pm

Hi all

Need help of seniors please.

We have submitted the spouse visa application for my spouse who is in Pakistan. Biometric appointment is in first week of May, documents not uploaded yet.

My questions

1) Letter from employers should be dated within 28 days prior to the date of application submission or 28 days prior of uploading the documents?

2) My bank statements are online only, do i need to get them signed & stamped by the bank before uploading?? Or copies of the statements issued by the bank will work when each statement states “copy statement”?

3) Lastly, i will be moving to a new address before the biometrics appointment (it’s a last minute, unplanned and unavoidable thing).
I know change of address can’t be updated on the application, please suggest what can be done?
If we reschedule my partner’s biometrics appointment in Pakistan and upload new accommodation address, council tax, utility bills, contract, landlord letters etc with a covering letter do you think this will work??

Please advise what is best to do?

Kind regards

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:53 pm

Shaved wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:25 pm
Hi all

Need help of seniors please.

We have submitted the spouse visa application for my spouse who is in Pakistan. Biometric appointment is in first week of May, documents not uploaded yet.

My questions

1) Letter from employers should be dated within 28 days prior to the date of application submission or 28 days prior of uploading the documents? Date of the application.

2) My bank statements are online only, do i need to get them signed & stamped by the bank before uploading?? Or copies of the statements issued by the bank will work when each statement states “copy statement”? Bank statements relying upon should be prior before the date of the application and if the statements are original then no need to stamp otherwise if it is not then it must be stamp or letter confirming it to be genuine as per the rules.

3) Lastly, i will be moving to a new address before the biometrics appointment (it’s a last minute, unplanned and unavoidable thing). You are better of writing a cover letter explaining that you will be moving to a new address and you want to add evidence of new accommodation.

I know change of address can’t be updated on the application, please suggest what can be done?
If we reschedule my partner’s biometrics appointment in Pakistan and upload new accommodation address, council tax, utility bills, contract, landlord letters etc with a covering letter do you think this will work??

Please advise what is best to do?

Kind regards

Shaved
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaved » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:09 pm

Thank you for your help.

One last question please, after uploading the documents do i ( the sponsor) have to post my original hard copies of documents (bank statements, employer letters, payslips) to my spouse in Pakistan ? On biometrics appointment they check the originals?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:24 pm

Shaved wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:09 pm
Thank you for your help.

One last question please, after uploading the documents do i ( the sponsor) have to post my original hard copies of documents (bank statements, employer letters, payslips) to my spouse in Pakistan ? On biometrics appointment they check the originals?
No you do not need to post hard copies to spouse. Checking of the electronic or scanned document can be done as last resort prior to submitting to ensure all relevant supporting documents uploaded successfully.