ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation documents via settled status (EU settlement scheme)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

citizenpant
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Naturalisation documents via settled status (EU settlement scheme)

Post by citizenpant » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:10 pm

Hey guys
I am an EU member applying for citizenship through naturalisation.
I have a few questions regarding specific documents I need.
Before asking I should meantion that I am both registered as self employed for the last 10 years with side projects I have, but also had a full time job for the last 7 years that I just left.

I was given over a year ago Indefinite Leave via Eu settlement scheme (settled status)

The form is a bit confusing as it says i need to have a permanent residence card before applying for citizenship but i think thats not correct in my case as they dont do them anymore and as i meantioned im applying via my eu settled status. So my first question is to confirm that I dont need a permanent residence card

My second question is , is there a document needed to prove this settled status? i only have the pdf when it was granted to me, but that says its not a proof and that you can send out a code to anyone who needs to confirm this status and they can use it on the gov site to see my status, and the code expires after a month. I cant see anywhere on the form to be asking for proof of settled status through this so I was wondering if i need to have anything or a document from the home office etc.

My third questions is. I have a letter from employer stating when i worked for them, and also P60s from the last 5 years. I read somewhere that I might need to get a statement showing the history of my taxes from hmrc or a 'self assessment statement of account' which is for self employed people. Im not sure I need this as technically i ll be out of my full time work and as self employed only for for about couple of months by the time i apply for citizenship. Please let me know if i need this, or let me know if any tax returns or statements can work with this.

Thank you in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation documents via settled status (EU settlement scheme)

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:47 am

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onality-an
You also need to provide one of the following:
evidence of settled status (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain under the EU Settlement Scheme’)
1) As you have settled status for over a year you can apply in your own right.

2) Your passport and PDF/email is OK.

3) You need P60s to show residence for your qualifying period.
If you are self-employed currently, you only need to show the latest self-assessment tax return.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.