ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

'Partially Completed Application'

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jazzyc
Newly Registered
Mood:

Spouse Settlement Visa

Post by jazzyc » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:20 pm

Hi everyone!
I hope everyone is well. I am going to be applying for the settlement visa for my wife very soon. I am thinking of applying in the next couple of days. I am showing cash savings in two accounts. I have the previous 6 months' bank statements showing that the money has been in the account for the duration of 6 months and has not gone below the required value.

The dates on the bank statements are:
20th of every month for one account
22nd of every month for the other
I am showing the statements from 22nd July 2020 to 22nd January 2021. My question is if i apply on for example the 25th of January 2021, will these bank statements qualify as part of the 6 months' worth of bank statements? Or do i have to show statements from June 2020 to December 2020?

I would really appreciate a reply to my enquiry. Many thanks in advance!

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Settlement Visa

Post by TODMATT » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:46 pm

jazzyc wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:20 pm
Hi everyone!
I hope everyone is well. I am going to be applying for the settlement visa for my wife very soon. I am thinking of applying in the next couple of days. I am showing cash savings in two accounts. I have the previous 6 months' bank statements showing that the money has been in the account for the duration of 6 months and has not gone below the required value.

I am showing the statements from 22nd July 2020 to 22nd January 2021. My question is if i apply on for example the 25th of January 2021, will these bank statements qualify as part of the 6 months' worth of bank statements? Or do i have to show statements from June 2020 to December 2020?

Date of the application would be 25th of Jan 2021, If the savings were put on each account on 20th or 22nd of July for example, it would be 6 months on Jan 20th & 22nd respectively so therefore you will provide bank statements till the date of the application.

Bank statements to cover the periods below.

20th July 20 till 25th Jan 2021(Date of the application)
22nd July 20 till 25th Jan 2021(Date of the application).

If the funds in each accounts dipped below the requirement, the lowest will be taken in each account towards the savings requirement.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

jazzyc
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by jazzyc » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:50 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:46 pm
jazzyc wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:20 pm
Hi everyone!

Date of the application would be 25th of Jan 2021, If the savings were put on each account on 20th or 22nd of July for example, it would be 6 months on Jan 20th & 22nd respectively so therefore you will provide bank statements till the date of the application.

Bank statements to cover the periods below.

20th July 20 till 25th Jan 2021(Date of the application)
22nd July 20 till 25th Jan 2021(Date of the application).

If the funds in each accounts dipped below the requirement, the lowest will be taken in each account towards the savings requirement.
Thank you @TODMATT for clearing this up for me! that makes a lot of sense!

jazzyc
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by jazzyc » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:03 am

Hi everyone,
i just had another question!
Is the p60 a required document for the spouse visa?
i was working on a zero-hour contract, just prior to the lockdown in march 2020. the wages can be seen on my bank statements (note that this form of employment is not being used as part of meeting the financial requirement - i am using cash savings). However, i didnt receive my p60 from the employment body - they stated in an email that they had stopped sending any letters (including p60 slips) through the post due to COVID pandemic. they havent sent an electronic copy either.

will this affect my application as i do not have the latest p60 from this past year?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated! :D

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:01 am

No.

Why do you feel you have to submit a P60?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

jazzyc
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by jazzyc » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:42 am

Korekt wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:01 am
No.

Why do you feel you have to submit a P60?
Thanks for your reply!
I was told by my solicitor that a P60 was required because in my 12 months bank statements, it shows the wages of when i was working on the zero hour contract in january 2020 and february 2020.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:00 pm

P60 is issued April of every year and it won’t reflect your current pay so not needed.

jazzyc
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by jazzyc » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:03 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:00 pm
P60 is issued April of every year and it won’t reflect your current pay so not needed.
thank you!

jazzyc
Newly Registered
Mood:

Stipend in online application??

Post by jazzyc » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:57 pm

Hi everyone,
i'm currently filling out the application form, and I'm a bit stuck. when it come to the finance section of the application, it asks along the lines "are you able to show that you earn £18,600". now, seeing as i'm using my stipend, the Appendix FM states that because the stipend is tax-free, the threshold for the financial requirement is lowered to £15,800. I earn around 15,100 from my stipend, so to make up for the difference of £700, i'll be showing cash savings too.

I'm not sure whether to click yes or no to the 18,600 question, seeing as i technically don't have to show that value, i have to show that i can fulfil 15,800. if i click no, the application directs me straight to cash savings, without an option (i dont think) to explain my non-employment income. if i click yes, i can select cash savings and non-employment income, but that comes across as though i show 18,600 as my earnings

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, im so confused with this :cry: thank you so much in advance!

secret.simon

Re: Stipend in online application??

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:40 pm

jazzyc wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:57 pm
to make up for the difference of £700, i'll be showing cash savings too.
How much cash savings are you showing?

For a normal £18,600 application, you would have to show savings of (((£18,600 - gross salary)*2.5)+16,000). In other words, the first £16,000 are not considered. Only savings above £16,000 count.

Unsure how much savings you will need to demonstrate for a tax-free stipend.

As for the question about how to progress the online form, wait for others to advise further.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Stipend in online application??

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:25 pm

jazzyc wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:57 pm
Hi everyone,
i'm currently filling out the application form, and I'm a bit stuck. when it come to the finance section of the application, it asks along the lines "are you able to show that you earn £18,600". now, seeing as i'm using my stipend, the Appendix FM states that because the stipend is tax-free, the threshold for the financial requirement is lowered to £15,800. I earn around 15,100 from my stipend, so to make up for the difference of £700, i'll be showing cash savings too.

I'm not sure whether to click yes or no to the 18,600 question, seeing as i technically don't have to show that value, i have to show that i can fulfil 15,800. if i click no, the application directs me straight to cash savings, without an option (i dont think) to explain my non-employment income. if i click yes, i can select cash savings and non-employment income, but that comes across as though i show 18,600 as my earnings

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, im so confused with this :cry: thank you so much in advance!
You should see a selection

Employment
Non employment
Savings

You need to tick both options you are relying upon.

Since you are applying from abroad, you can also fill Appendix 2 and select both options you are relying upon even though some say it is not needed since it is incorporated into the application form online but no harm in filling one.

jazzyc
Newly Registered
Mood:

'Partially Completed Application'

Post by jazzyc » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:07 pm

Hi everyone!
hope everyone is well. I finally submitted my spouse settlement visa. I've paid for the health surcharge and also the visa fee, and so I'm onto the final page of the application, where i need to click the link to book my biometric appointment.

I downloaded the pdf of my filled-in form but I've seen that it says 'PARTIALLY COMPLETED APPLICATION' written at the top? the area where it states the total fee is also blank. However, with that being said, I do have a unique application number and everything else seems to be fine.

I haven't received a confirmation email that my visa fee has gone through, but surely I wouldn't be able to get onto the final page (7: Further Actions) if the payments hadn't gone through? does the form say partially completed because I haven't booked the biometric yet?

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated - I'm scared to book the biometric just in case later down the line, the HO could say that I haven't paid the fees when in actual fact I have.

Many thanks!!