ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel Visa to Malta

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Travel Visa to Malta

Post by THO » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:45 am

Hi,

Does anyone know if my Vietnamese wife, who is in the UK on a spouse visa, would require a visa to travel to Malta, since it is a British overseas territory?

Can't seem to find the right information, so if you know where I can check. The .gov information just bangs on about Covid and travel from Schengen regions, but not people who have a visa to live in UK but who are not British.

Thanks,

THO.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel Visa to Malta

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:58 am

She needs a visa to visit Malta. Her spouse visa is only relevant to the UK. She needs a Schengen visa.

Malta is a commonwealth country, not a British overseas territory
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:24 pm

Thanks CR001

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:25 pm

Would she still need a visa for Gibralta?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:04 pm

Currently there are negotiations ongoing between Spain, the EU and Gibraltar about keeping the Spanish/Gibraltar border open post-Brexit. There are suggestions that Gibraltar will effectively join the Schengen Zone and that the Gibraltar air border (Immigration Officers at the airport) will not be British, but FrontEx (EU Frontier) staff.
So the entire situation is fluid. It is unclear whether British citizens without Gibraltarian status will be able to visit Gibraltar without a visa, let alone other visa holders in the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.