ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Affidavits for approved applications and next ceremony

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Affidavits for approved applications and next ceremony

Post by Vorona » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:36 pm

Let's take this front line workers and medical professionals speculation off the table.
It was clearly communicated to the media that there's no prioritisation of application on a basis of their professional activity in the State:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ ... -1.4451010

"A spokesman for the Department of Justice said there were “no provisions to apply different criteria” to different citizenship applicants based on a person’s line of work and that “appropriate procedures” must be kept in place to “preserve the integrity” of the naturalisation process. All applications were “processed and assessed individually in accordance with legislation”.

anongirl
South Africa

Post by anongirl » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:49 am

I wonder how long they will be sending affidavits out for? Any body get any yet this week?

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:33 am

anongirl wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:49 am
I wonder how long they will be sending affidavits out for? Any body get any yet this week?
Minister said that 1100 will be send in next few weeks. Since there is a plan for 4000, I will say will be more coming. Probably till April, as it should be finished till end of may.

Mimi2016
Tunisia

Post by Mimi2016 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:08 am

kalyna wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:50 pm
Mimi2016 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:24 pm
Hi congratulations to everyone 😊
Me too I got email today 😄.

"The Witness must be resident in
the State"

I am from Belfast Northern Ireland.
Should I go to Ireland to find witness ?
Help me please.
Thank you
I live in NI and going to go to the same solicitor who witnessed documents and statutory declaration for my application. Seems reasonable enough, I wouldn't worry about it

"Thank you for your email. Please note that the State refers to the Republic
of Ireland and not the island of Ireland"

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:17 pm

In the lights of prolongation of Level 5 lockdown, I have a feeling that if the COVID restrictions are not lifted after the initial 4000 applications are completed, these new arrangements will be applied to the current and future applications well beyond 31 of May.

james2005
Mood:
Croatia

Post by james2005 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:23 pm

Vorona wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:17 pm
In the lights of prolongation of Level 5 lockdown, I have a feeling that if the COVID restrictions are not lifted after the initial 4000 applications are completed, these new arrangements will be applied to the current and future applications well beyond 31 of May.
I have the same feeling.

kalyna
Ukraine

Post by kalyna » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:49 pm

Mimi2016 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:08 am
kalyna wrote:
Mimi2016 wrote:

the State"

Help me please.
Thank you
I live in NI and going to go to the same solicitor who witnessed documents and statutory declaration for my application. Seems reasonable enough, I wouldn't worry about it

Thanks for sharing. Seems a bit unfair considering that both countries are in lockdown and traveling to Ireland to witness a signature wouldn't be considered as an essential travel. On top of that for non-EU nationalities an Irish visa is required for visiting Ireland and they don't issue tourist visas at the moment. I have posted my declaration yesterday, will see what is comes back with.

happygolucky1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by happygolucky1 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:45 pm

I think this temporary arrangement is not only for those who are approved early last year and could not be invited to the ceremony but also covers applicants who are in 'final processing stage' once the 'ceremony ready' are dealt with. I had read that in the news, link below

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social- ... -1.4461171

''The department announced on Monday that 4,000 of those who are “ceremony ready” or in the “final processing stages” would be able to complete the naturalisation process before the end of March by signing a “statutory declaration of loyalty” rather than attending a citizenship ceremony''

what do you think folks, Is my understanding correct ?

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:25 pm

My understanding is it is for approved and some waiting to be approved as well. They are saying that fee needs to be paid along with submitting the declaration while most people who are approved would have paid the fee within 10 days of approval

Mimi2016
Tunisia

Post by Mimi2016 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:35 pm

kalyna wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:49 pm
Mimi2016 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:08 am
kalyna wrote:
Mimi2016 wrote:

the State"

Help me please.
Thank you

Thanks for sharing. Seems a bit unfair considering that both countries are in lockdown and traveling to Ireland to witness a signature wouldn't be considered as an essential travel. On top of that for non-EU nationalities an Irish visa is required for visiting Ireland and they don't issue tourist visas at the moment. I have posted my declaration yesterday, will see what is comes back with.
Please tell me when you hear something. Me too I am in London and I can't travel to Ireland.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:25 am

nojoyfrominis wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:25 pm
My understanding is it is for approved and some waiting to be approved as well. They are saying that fee needs to be paid along with submitting the declaration while most people who are approved would have paid the fee within 10 days of approval
Just a formality. They must put it in writing that a fee must be paid if applicant wants to get a certificate of Irish citizenship.

950 euro is a big expense. Especially when there are several applicants in the same family.
With COVID making a lot of people unemployed or working part-time, I won't be surprised if many applicants haven't been able to pay the fee yet.

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:55 pm

james2005 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:23 pm
Vorona wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:17 pm
I have the same feeling.
I am more pessimistic. I think the will wait for vaccinations to complete prior to planned ceremony in December, closer to December if it will not happen same story with affidavit will repeat.
I don't see benefit for them to keep affidavit, covid19 is good excuse for delays. Also Killirney had paid for ceremony to happen in their town, so they will try to do ceremony.
I really hope to be wrong though.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:36 pm

Stanina wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:55 pm
I am more pessimistic. I think the will wait for vaccinations to complete prior to planned ceremony in December, closer to December if it will not happen same story with affidavit will repeat.
I don't see benefit for them to keep affidavit, covid19 is good excuse for delays. Also Killirney had paid for ceremony to happen in their town, so they will try to do ceremony.
I really hope to be wrong though.
By having the new temporary legislation the State is still getting large sums of money while saving on the cost that would normally occur when holding large official ceremonies.

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:32 am

Vorona wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:36 pm
By having the new temporary legislation the State is still getting large sums of money while saving on the cost that would normally occur when holding large official ceremonies.
then they would not put hard stop at may and possible next ceremony at December. Just looking at virtual ceremony example(2mnth to prer trial, 2 mnth post trial decision), shows that department is only flexible to some extend.

anongirl
South Africa

Post by anongirl » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:34 pm

So I take it nobody has received affidavits this week? They hardly got through 4000 emails all last week

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:08 pm

anongirl wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:34 pm
So I take it nobody has received affidavits this week? They hardly got through 4000 emails all last week
In RTE link I shared, Minister said that around 1100 will be receive affidavit in few weeks. I think after they do most processing for those they will send to another batch.

alhakeem
Ireland

Post by alhakeem » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:07 pm

Stanina wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:08 pm
In RTE link I shared, Minister said that around 1100 will be receive affidavit in few weeks. I think after they do most processing for those they will send to another batch.
1100 in weeks? What processing are you talking about?Suppose you are working alone, how many application,how many application will you finish each day?

hdsgnr

Post by hdsgnr » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:13 pm

alhakeem wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:07 pm
Stanina wrote:
1100 in weeks? What processing are you talking about?Suppose you are working alone, how many application,how many application will you finish each day?
What are you talking about?

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:00 pm

hdsgnr wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:13 pm
alhakeem wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:07 pm
Stanina wrote:
I refer to RTE video I shared in this thread were minister said around 2min "In coming weeks, only this week alone 1100 will receive email with..."

hdsgnr

Post by hdsgnr » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:11 pm

Stanina wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:00 pm
My question was pointed to the Gentlemen/Lady above me.

alhakeem
Ireland

Post by alhakeem » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:15 pm

hdsgnr wrote:

I am just surprised, I think if you are working alone you can send 1100 of these emails or whatever, in 3 days, don't you?!

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:31 pm

Stanina wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:32 am
then they would not put hard stop at may and possible next ceremony at December. Just looking at virtual ceremony example(2mnth to prer trial, 2 mnth post trial decision), shows that department is only flexible to some extend.
I think that we won't see any proper ceremonies this year. The risk to the public health is just too great.

hdsgnr

Post by hdsgnr » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:35 pm

alhakeem wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:15 pm
hdsgnr wrote:

I am just surprised, I think if you are working alone you can send 1100 of these emails or whatever, in 3 days, don't you?!
They sent 1100 e-mails because there is a 6 week (soft) deadline to finish them. Which means they will have to give time to 1100 people to prepare and send the documents (some will be delayed for sure), then check if all of them are proper, order 1100 certificates and send them to the new citizens. That is not a small operation, these are not Christmas cards after all.
If they sent all of the emails together - in 6 weeks... what I'm talking - probably in a week 4000 people will ask where are their certs.

vandalsl
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by vandalsl » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:30 pm

Check your emails, my affidavit just came in

ssireland
India

Post by ssireland » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:32 pm

Just received Affidavit form email from Citizenship Division.

Application approved October 2020, paid the fees in November

"This letter does not constitute a grant of a Certificate of Naturalisation
or permission to enter or remain in the State.

I refer to your application for a Certificate of Naturalisation. As
previously advised The Minister proposes to grant your application for
naturalisation, subject to the completion and submission of the Declaration
of fidelity to the nation and loyalty to the State."