ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for ISIN regarding separation notif (Irish spouse). Visa situation.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Redstar33
Newly Registered
Ireland

Separated from Irish spouse and stamp 4

Post by Redstar33 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:11 pm

Hi guys.

I'm new here and really need your help.

I am non eu married to Irish citizen. We've been married for more than 4 years. I first studied but now am full time employee. I'm on stamp 4 for almost 3 years. Stamp expiration date is late January.

Our marriage went sour. He left the state and then Covid happened. He couldn't (didn't) want to go back and I don't want to leave either. We tried to reconcile but the conflict is too great.

I notified the SINU about our current status few months ago, haven't heard anything from them since. I wanted to proceed for a divorce but have to do the separation first.

As I am in employment and the likelihood of not being able to renew my stamp, what is the chance of temporary extension being granted? Or worse, leaving the country? I'm here for 6years and aware of not qualified for EU treaty rights.

Can anyone advice on what I should do next? It's really stressful. Any advices are appreciated.

Best.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Separated from Irish spouse and stamp 4

Post by Vorona » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:37 pm

So are you separated or not?
The title and the post seem to contradict each other.

As far as I remember no COVID-19 prolongations will be issued after 21 of January 2021. You need to go to registration office when your permission is due to renewal. As your husband is not present, you will not get your stamp renewed. You may be asked to fill out a form and to wait until they make a final decision. If you get a few extra months you will get a letter confirming the same to prove to your employer that you're working legally.

Redstar33
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Redstar33 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:09 pm

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

We're separated. I informed SINU but haven't heard from them. My due date is coming, I tried to book an appointment for renewal but because we're separated, he won't be around.

Thanks for your advice. I'll try booking with immigration. Tho its only for first time registration.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:46 pm

A new extension has just been announced. You will have until end of April to get things sorted.

Redstar33
Newly Registered
Ireland

How long do I have to wait for the SINU before getting a response?

Post by Redstar33 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:36 pm

Hi guys,

I've posted in the forum before regarding my separation to Irish spouse. I notified them about our current situation and asking for a visa retention.

It's been a few months and I still haven't heard from the SINU. My GNIB card is expiring soon. Any ideas on the waiting time?

Thank guys.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: How long do I have to wait for the SINU before getting a response?

Post by Vorona » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:14 pm

Just wait, they will get in touch with you when they can. As long as you've informed them you will be ok.

Redstar33
Newly Registered
Ireland

Still waiting for ISIN regarding separation notif (Irish spouse). Visa situation.

Post by Redstar33 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:19 pm

Hi guys,

What should I do next when I'm approaching my original expire date, yet still no news from INIS? I want to know if they could grant me an temporary permit while waiting for their final decision.

I understand they granted everyone a new extension to 20th of April. But what should I do if by then I still don't hear anything back fom INIS? As I'm told the waiting period might take up to 1 year due to backlog. What should I do during such period to be able to keep working?

Thanks a lot guys.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Still waiting for ISIN regarding separation notif (Irish spouse). Visa situation.

Post by Vorona » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:42 pm

Redstar33 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:19 pm
I understand they granted everyone a new extension to 20th of April.
Extension of permissions was granted only to those, who still meet the conditions of their permissions and would have renewed it in a normal way.
You do not meet the conditions of your permission anymore and you will not be able to renew it. You will not be allowed to work after your permission ends, and your employer will very likely ask you to show that you have made an attempt to renew the permission, for example a confirmation of booking of an appointment which you don't have as you husband must be there to confirm you're still together.

You need to get in touch with the GNIB and ask about further development of your case and wait for their decision. Tell them about your employment as well. There is a chance that you will get a temporary extension.

Redstar33
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Still waiting for ISIN regarding separation notif (Irish spouse). Visa situation.

Post by Redstar33 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:58 pm

Vorona wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:42 pm
Redstar33 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:19 pm
I understand they granted everyone a new extension to 20th of April.
You need to get in touch with the GNIB and ask about further development of your case and wait for their decision. Tell them about your employment as well. There is a chance that you will get a temporary extension.
Do you by any chance know the email address to INIS? As I am having a hard time looking for it.

And thanks a lot for your comments. You've been very helpful all this time.

Do you think how long would it take for the temporary extension to be issued? Thank you.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:04 pm

You're welcome.
You need to call to your local Garda station, in which you have registered in the past. All contact details including station specific email addresses and phone numbers can be found on garda.ie

I have no idea how long it will take. We're in another lockdown until March. Ring them and tell them that you have run out of time.

lucidj
Mood:
Ireland

Post by lucidj » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:08 pm

Any updates on this? I decided to separate from my Irish husband and will soon be applying for retention as well. Been married for 4 years, and living in Ireland for 6. Have a good job and do college . Hopefully they will grant me.

lucidj
Mood:
Ireland

Post by lucidj » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:53 am

Hello every one. I got separated from my Irish spouse but we didn't start any legal separation, only live apart. Be is still my best friend and now we are trying to get retention of my stamp 4. I emailed the spouse of Irish department and they answered me asking for these documents:

1. What were the circumstances surrounding the break up?
2. How long were you married for? Please give exact details regarding
same.
3. When did the marriage finally break down? Please give exact details
regarding same.
4. Are you currently in contact with your spouse? If not, when was the
last time you were in contact with them?
5. Please advice how you are currently maintaining yourself whilst in the
State and provide documentary evidence e.g. bank statements, credit
transfers.
6. Prospects of reconciliation.
7. Your current Original Passport.
8. Your previous Original Passport (if previous Passport was recently
issued)
9. A copy of your spouse's passport.
10. A copy of spouse's original birth certificate.
11. Two passport photos
12. Your original birth certificate and translation.
14. Original evidence of your current address i.e. Utility Bills, Financial
Statements. Tenancy Agreement.
15. Original Marriage Certificate and translation.
16. Legal Separation Documentation (if relevant).
16. Original Divorce Papers (if relevant).
17. Details of any maintenance agreements (please include evidence of any
payments made).
18. Details of any custody/access arrangements.
19. Copy of your GNIB Certificate of Registration Card.
20. What is your new situation following separating from your spouse? Are
you working, studying, in receipt of social welfare or dependent on
another resident? Please provide relevant documentary evidence i.e. P60s,
payslips, letter from employer, Social Welfare (where applicable) etc.

Anyone going through the same process? What are the chances of approval? How long does it take? Let's share.

santosh reddy aleti
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by santosh reddy aleti » Mon May 17, 2021 6:00 pm

hi I am same situation like you

did you get further extension and if so how long did you get and are you eligible to apply residency status after your temporary visa ,please could you forward the details here
many thanks