ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee question on behalf of my friend

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xeesee
Member of Standing

Referee question on behalf of my friend

Post by xeesee » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:47 pm

Hello members,

Can we use chemical processing engineer as a professional referee ? He is not a British citizen.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Referee question on behalf of my friend

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:19 pm

You can only ask someone who is on the professional list of referees as per the guidance.

Page 24
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:04 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:19 pm
You can only ask someone who is on the professional list of referees as per the guidance.

Page 24
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf
Thanks CULLINAN.

Engineer with professional qualification is in the list. Obviously chemical processing engineer is not in the list.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:02 pm

Hello everyone,

Is E-signature, date and name acceptable on referee form? Please advice.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:54 pm

xeesee wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:02 pm
Hello everyone,

Thanks
Wet signature is advisable.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:54 pm
xeesee wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:02 pm
Hello everyone,

Thanks
Wet signature is advisable.
Thanks

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:32 pm

Hello,

If apply for a British citizenship on a paper form then what will be the process of biometrics? Is it through post office?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:48 pm

xeesee wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:32 pm
Hello,

If apply for a British citizenship on a paper form then what will be the process of biometrics? Is it through post office?

Thank you.
You need to apply online and upload documents to ukcvas before the biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:48 pm
xeesee wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:32 pm
Hello,

Thank you.
You need to apply online and upload documents to ukcvas before the biometric appointment.
Thanks CR001. Is online application is the only way or a paper application is still an option?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:44 am

Online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:44 pm

Hello,

1-Is it a requirement for a professional referee to know applicant for certain period of time like 3 or 5years?

2- is it acceptable if a teacher know 13 year old child from last 18 months?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:57 pm

General information – all British nationals: nationality policy guidance
Referees
All applicants for British citizenship must provide 2 referees to establish their identity. You must only contact the referees if this could resolve concerns about the application and you have the authority from a senior caseworker to do so.

You must ensure that the following requirements are met: The referee must:
  • have known the (adult) applicant for at least 3 years
  • a British passport holder and either a professional person or aged over 25 (at least one referee must be a professional person)
The referee must not:
  • be related to the applicant or the other referee
  • be the applicant’s representative
  • be employed by the Home Office
  • have been convicted of an imprisonable offence in the last 10 years for which the sentence is not spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications.

Where the applicant is living outside of the UK and does not know a British citizen passport holder who is a professional or over the age of 25, a commonwealth citizen or a citizen of the country in which they are residing may complete and sign the form providing they meet the other requirements and the consul considers their signature to be acceptable.

Referees that do not meet the requirements.

If it is clear from the information provided that a referee does not meet the requirements, you must ask the applicant to provide a different referee.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:51 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:57 pm
General information – all British nationals: nationality policy guidance
Referees
All applicants for British citizenship must provide 2 referees to establish their identity. You must only contact the referees if this could resolve concerns about the application and you have the authority from a senior caseworker to do so.

You must ensure that the following requirements are met: The referee must:
  • • have known the (adult) applicant for at least 3 years
    • a British passport holder and either a professional person or aged over 25 (at least one referee must be a professional person)
The referee must not:
  • • be related to the applicant or the other referee
    • be the applicant’s representative
    • be employed by the Home Office
    • have been convicted of an imprisonable offence in the last 10 years for which the sentence is not spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications.

Where the applicant is living outside of the UK and does not know a British citizen passport holder who is a professional or over the age of 25, a commonwealth citizen or a citizen of the country in which they are residing may complete and sign the form providing they meet the other requirements and the consul considers their signature to be acceptable.

Referees that do not meet the requirements.

If it is clear from the information provided that a referee does not meet the requirements, you must ask the applicant to provide a different referee.
Thanks Vinny.

My understanding from the above information is 3 years requirement for adults ( over the age of 18) only. A teacher engaged with a child from 18 months will be fine.

Please advice and correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:46 am

Yes. However, it’s possibly ambiguous. They may expect the child’s referee to have known a child’s parent for at least 3 years. Anyway, if a referee is unacceptable, then they may ask for another.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:54 pm

Hello members,

I have applied for MN1 form child born outside UK. In the document checklist it says father consent letter for Child's British citizenship. There is no option to download consent form anywhere not even at the end (Further Action page).

I did run a dummy application to check again if I missed somewhere but still no link to download consent form.

Can anyone please share a link or a form in a printable format or advice me if I'm missing something.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:16 pm

Consent to the application:

Mother’s consent:

I (Full name of mother) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:

Father’s consent:

I (Full name of father) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:

Print, fill, sign, scan, upload.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:08 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:16 pm
Consent to the application:

Mother’s consent:

I (Full name of mother) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:

Father’s consent:

I (Full name of father) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:

Print, fill, sign, scan, upload.
Thanks CULLINAN.