ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

qazqwer333

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by qazqwer333 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:21 pm

Hi frds
I want to apply for a EEA BRC to EUSS BRC as well. Can u please tell me the procedure how to do it.
And what documents required for that to submit.
Also where i have to upload documents.
many thanks

qazqwer333

Post by qazqwer333 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:18 pm

Hi DESI BOY
Can u help me to explain which documents required to replace new EUSS CARD. And do i need to submit my bank statement or joint statement with my EU CITIZEN wife.
MANY THX

guall
Newly Registered

Post by guall » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:27 pm

Hi all
I have been trying to figure out if we need to change our old biometric card if it’s not expired but it’s confusing I emailed them last week and got this reply it seems like we don’t need to ?

Thank you for your enquiry to the EU Settlement Scheme.

We understand that you currently hold a biometric residence card.

We can confirm that as you already hold a Biometric Residence Card (BRC) issued under the EEA Regulations, you will not be issued with a physical document under the EU Settlement Scheme.

If you wish, you can transfer your BRC issued under the EEA regulations to a BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme.

Desi Boy

Post by Desi Boy » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:41 pm

qazqwer333 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:18 pm
Hi DESI BOY
Can u help me to explain which documents required to replace new EUSS CARD. And do i need to submit my bank statement or joint statement with my EU CITIZEN wife.
MANY THX
Hi I just uploaded my settle status and my brp card bank statement and my driving licence

Maverick228
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by Maverick228 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:52 pm

Is this even necessary to change the EEA BRC to an EUSS one? Mine says "issued in accordance with EU exit separation agreements" at the bottom. When I arrived in Heathrow a week ago, I asked a border officer whether my card would still work after 31st of June and he said that it will work because the expiration is not until 2025.

qazqwer333

Post by qazqwer333 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:01 pm

Hi DESI BOY
Thanks for reply.
One more thing if i use only my bank statement(my own name). Then only i need to signed and upload CONCENT 1. And took all this documents in original on BIOMETRIC APPOIENTMENT ?
MANY THANKS

Anita2000
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belarus

Post by Anita2000 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:41 pm

qazqwer333 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:01 pm
Hi DESI BOY
Thanks for reply.
One more thing if i use only my bank statement(my own name). Then only i need to signed and upload CONCENT 1. And took all this documents in original on BIOMETRIC APPOIENTMENT ?
MANY THANKS
I am not trying to be rude or anything, but why people don't bother themselves to read at least a few pages of the topic before asking. All your answers are already there.

Just a bad day...

carol12346
Newly Registered
India

Post by carol12346 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:58 pm

Hello everyone,

Can someone please advise...
I had to send my new card for online status update. Has anyone sent their card for update recently? I sent them mine two weeks ago, haven't received my card back yet :( Anyone sailing in the same boat here ?

qazqwer333

Post by qazqwer333 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:32 pm

Hi Anita2000

THANKS FOR UR ADVICE..

yasinkhan00
Newly Registered

Post by yasinkhan00 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:41 pm

Hi,

Can any one tell me what is APAD email? And what does APAD stands for.

Thanks

RiteshKV
Newly Registered
Mozambique

Post by RiteshKV » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:42 pm

Hi Guys,
I need help.
I'm non EU and I'm married with a EU citizen, recently my wife and son (EU Citizen) applied for EU settlement scheme and they got pre settled status.
I Have applied for Eu settlement scheme and waiting to give my bio-metric. during the application for EU settlement scheme i just uploaded the marriage certificate and liked my wife application to mine. so my questions are:
1 - I need to take any proof of residence or the marriage certificate is enough? because i linked my application with my wife application.
2 - Can i travel while waiting for application decision? ( I don't have BRC card)

thank you.

Regards.

SMS2020
Newly Registered

Post by SMS2020 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:09 pm

carol12346 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:54 pm
Kuliska02 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:31 am
carol12346 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:37 pm
Prince115 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:45 pm
I just received my EUSS biometric card due to an exchange from the old one. I was meant to return the old card but am yet to do so, because I updated my online status with my new card. How long does it take for my new card to be updated online? And should I return my old card back to the home office now or do so when my new card has been fully updated? Should I return my card cut or uncut?
Hi, I had to send my new card to them for updating the online status. It's been a week already I haven't received my card back. I still haven't sent my old card back, I'm waiting for the new one to be returned back. I was told by the eu settlement person not to cut the old card just send as it is. Its cancelled anyway so no worry. Have you sent your card to them to update the online status ? If yes how long did it take to get your card back ?
Who told you to send them new card for updating? Why you send them?

What I know, you go online and changing your details, putting your new details done, the screen says we gonna update your details and send you email. Who tell you to send your new card back?
did you receive a any email that that saying you need to send us back your new card back?

can you pls explain your updating process? Thx
I called the EUSS resolution centre. Because when I used the online site, it said to post my card to them. So to make sure I called them up. The lady over the phone said I have to send it to them via post and that they will send the card back to me after verification.So I did as told :) I wonder why did not have the option to update my card online that's strange!
I am still waiting for my new card, but i think even if you update online, you will have to send it to them. because thats the general process. if you update your identification card, then they would want to verify it and i have read somewhere not sure if its here that even though they are the ones issuing that card, we still have to send it to them for verification and its absurd, but thats the process. i will update more as to whats happening with me when i do this myself after getting the new card in a few days time.

SMS2020
Newly Registered

Post by SMS2020 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:10 pm

yasinkhan00 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:41 pm
Hi,

Thanks
Not sure what APAD stands for, but thats the email id from which you receive the consent email from home office asking your permission to proceed to replace your current EU BRC.

Desi Boy

Post by Desi Boy » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:08 pm

Today I received my EU settlement scheme card.. My question is can travel to Turkey without visa

RiteshKV
Newly Registered
Mozambique

Post by RiteshKV » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:28 pm

Desi Boy wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:08 pm
Today I received my EU settlement scheme card.. My question is can travel to Turkey without visa
how long you wait after bio-metrics to receive your card?

Regards

RiteshKV
Newly Registered
Mozambique

Post by RiteshKV » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:28 pm

RiteshKV wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:42 pm
Hi Guys,
I need help.
I'm non EU and I'm married with a EU citizen, recently my wife and son (EU Citizen) applied for EU settlement scheme and they got pre settled status.
I Have applied for Eu settlement scheme and waiting to give my bio-metric. during the application for EU settlement scheme i just uploaded the marriage certificate and liked my wife application to mine. so my questions are:
1 - I need to take any proof of residence or the marriage certificate is enough? because i linked my application with my wife application.
2 - Can i travel while waiting for application decision? ( I don't have BRC card)

thank you.

Regards.
can anyone help me please.
Regards

carol12346
Newly Registered
India

Post by carol12346 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:27 pm

SMS2020 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:09 pm
carol12346 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:54 pm
Kuliska02 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:31 am
carol12346 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:37 pm

Hi, I had to send my new card to them for updating the online status. It's been a week already I haven't received my card back. I still haven't sent my old card back, I'm waiting for the new one to be returned back. I was told by the eu settlement person not to cut the old card just send as it is. Its cancelled anyway so no worry. Have you sent your card to them to update the online status ? If yes how long did it take to get your card back ?
Who told you to send them new card for updating? Why you send them?

What I know, you go online and changing your details, putting your new details done, the screen says we gonna update your details and send you email. Who tell you to send your new card back?
did you receive a any email that that saying you need to send us back your new card back?

can you pls explain your updating process? Thx
I called the EUSS resolution centre. Because when I used the online site, it said to post my card to them. So to make sure I called them up. The lady over the phone said I have to send it to them via post and that they will send the card back to me after verification.So I did as told :) I wonder why did not have the option to update my card online that's strange!
I am still waiting for my new card, but i think even if you update online, you will have to send it to them. because thats the general process. if you update your identification card, then they would want to verify it and i have read somewhere not sure if its here that even though they are the ones issuing that card, we still have to send it to them for verification and its absurd, but thats the process. i will update more as to whats happening with me when i do this myself after getting the new card in a few days time.
Please do let me know :)

Anita2000
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belarus

Post by Anita2000 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:27 pm

RiteshKV wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:28 pm
RiteshKV wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:42 pm
Hi Guys,
I need help.

thank you.

Regards.
can anyone help me please.
Regards
You are in the wrong topic. People here received their statuses some time ago. I personally don't remember the process anymore. You might find your answers quicker in a topic for settlement applications than here.

Desi Boy

Post by Desi Boy » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:10 pm

8 weeks

daral20
Newly Registered
Gambia

Post by daral20 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:17 am

Desi Boy wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:07 pm
I apply EU settlement card and done my biometric 4 December 2020 after that I don't receive any email from home office is it normal???
Hello I saw you ended up by receiving your card, did you get any email confirmation between your biometric appointment and receiving your card? If yes when did you receive the email please? Many thanks!

Desi Boy

Post by Desi Boy » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:35 am

Nope I just received email from Apad last Friday

daral20
Newly Registered
Gambia

Post by daral20 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:10 pm

Desi Boy wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:35 am
Nope I just received email from Apad last Friday
Thank you 👍
It was delivered by who please?

Cihangir
Turkey

Post by Cihangir » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:35 pm

Form Submission:13/11/2020
APAD Email to ask if I am ok to change EEA to EUS: 9/12/2020 (I said yes and APAD confirm process started)
Biometrics: 11/12/2020
APAD Email brc ready to sent : 31/01/2021
Card Received: ?

Per e mail I will receive in 7 days and I need to return old(voided) card

yasinkhan00
Newly Registered

Post by yasinkhan00 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:01 am

SMS2020 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:10 pm
yasinkhan00 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:41 pm
Hi,

Thanks
Not sure what APAD stands for, but thats the email id from which you receive the consent email from home office asking your permission to proceed to replace your current EU BRC.
I have already submited a consent form with my biometric. Will they send another consent on email?

daral20
Newly Registered
Gambia

Post by daral20 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:32 am

Cihangir wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:35 pm
Form Submission:13/11/2020
APAD Email to ask if I am ok to change EEA to EUS: 9/12/2020 (I said yes and APAD confirm process started)
Biometrics: 11/12/2020
APAD Email brc ready to sent : 31/01/2021
Card Received: ?

Per e mail I will receive in 7 days and I need to return old(voided) card
Thank you for sharing your timeline, as for us:
Replacement application : 11/01
biometric : 11/01
My husband card was about to expire so I don’t think he will receive an email asking if he agree to swap from EEA to EUSS status as this is now the only option
APAD email confirm brc sent: ?
Received: ?