ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa from UK application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BritishPaul
Newly Registered

Spouse visa from UK application

Post by BritishPaul » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:43 pm

Hi all,

Quick query. I’m still in planning stage due to COVID but have a query regarding documents needed for the spouse visa application.

My partner is currently in the uk with me on a fiancé visa.

We are living together in my flat and she is on the council tax as a resident.

As we have proof that we are living together. Do we need to submit photo’s and chat logs along with the other docs?

Thanks for your help.

I have another query regarding NHS payments. My partner is pregnant and due any day now to give birth. She is from Brazil. I am British, with British parents and grandparents etc...Are there any concessions for NHS payments due to me being the parent? Seems a little steep to charge full whack when our child will be legally British and I have no immigration in my bloodline.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Spouse visa from UK application

Post by THO » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:05 pm

Hi,

Are you married yet, or applying for your spouse visa now and awaiting the outcome? If so you should have paid the IHS surcharge, which I believe means you would not need to pay for the hospital fees.

What is the status of your application?

But from what I understand, if you have not paid IHS, I think the NHS charges 150% of the cost of treatment to non UK users, which could be a lot of money. But I could well be wrong.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:18 pm

THO wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:05 pm
Hi,

Are you married yet, or applying for your spouse visa now and awaiting the outcome? If so you should have paid the IHS surcharge, which I believe means you would not need to pay for the hospital fees.

But from what I understand, if you have not paid IHS, I think the NHS charges 150% of the cost of treatment to non UK users, which could be a lot of money. But I could well be wrong.
I concur with the above.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:50 pm

THO wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:05 pm
Hi,

The OPs partner only received their passport and fiance visa in Brazil on 5th January 2021. Unlikely they are already married. Also unclear how she managed to fly to the UK if she is "due any day".

To the OP, there is no free NHS for you partner. You will have to pay 150% of the antenatal and birth cost. Your child being born British is irrelevant. It is your partner who is using the NHS and not eligible for free service
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BritishPaul
Newly Registered

Post by BritishPaul » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:20 pm

Thanks for the reply’s. we are not married yet and unable to apply for spouse visa. She arrived here just before the latest COVID lockdown on flights and you are able to fly with most airlines with a doctors certificate, confirming all is well. Week 40 is tomorrow, so any day.

With regards to photos and WhatsApp, is that a requirement (as per post)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:27 pm

With regards to photos and WhatsApp, is that a requirement (as per post)?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BritishPaul
Newly Registered

Post by BritishPaul » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:55 am

@CR001 I assume no means I do not need to provide photos and messages if we have evidence of living together?

I’m assuming better to provide some anyhow. But just not reams of documents for evidence.

Thank you for the assistance by the way. Your comments in earlier threads along with the other mods really assisted me in my fiancé application. Saved me a lot of money and time.

Forever grateful