ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa extension and redundancy

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rambo99
Newly Registered

Visa extension and redundancy

Post by Rambo99 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:04 pm

Afternoon, sorry of this is on the incorrect page.

I have to apply for my wifes visa extension as the initial 2.5 years is coming to end I'm a few months. We have a child together which was born in the UK in December 2019. I have been put on notice from work and am being made redundant. What happens if I have not secured employment by the time I have to apply for the visa extension? We do not have the required savings. As our daughter is born here she is a British citizen like me, but what happens to my wife? Will she be made to go back to Pakistan, will she have to take our daughter or leave her? Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Visa extension and redundancy

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:46 pm

Rambo99 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:04 pm

I have to apply for my wifes visa extension as the initial 2.5 years is coming to end I'm a few months. We have a child together which was born in the UK in December 2019. I have been put on notice from work and am being made redundant. What happens if I have not secured employment by the time I have to apply for the visa extension? We do not have the required savings. As our daughter is born here she is a British citizen like me, but what happens to my wife? Will she be made to go back to Pakistan, will she have to take our daughter or leave her? Thanks
If not meeting up financial requirement, you are likely going to get your spouse placed on the 10yr route.
With you being a British Citizen and your daughter too your wife will not be asked to leave as the best interest of your child will have to be considered.
10yr route most likely and if you want, can switch back to 5yr route whe you meet all requirements.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:44 pm

Rambo99 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:04 pm

You are likely to be put on 10 years route if you meet the requirement for that however, try to avoid being put on this route as it's costly. When does her leave expire? You can find a job and apply under CAT B.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Rambo99
Newly Registered

Post by Rambo99 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:55 pm

How is the 10 year route more costly? What' costs are involved? Visa expires in August and I am working hard to get another job. I'm just thinking ahead. Also Cat b- please explain. Thanks.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:11 pm

Rambo99 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:55 pm
How is the 10 year route more costly? What' costs are involved? Visa expires in August and I am working hard to get another job. I'm just thinking ahead. Also Cat b- please explain. Thanks.
If you are put on 10 years route, you will have to keep paying to renew your applications until you have completed 10 years in the UK to qualify for ILR while if you stay on 5 years route, you will be granted ILR upon completion of 5 years stay in the UK although if you are put on 10 years, you can always switch back to 5 years which means clock will REST and you will have to spend 5 years again to qualify for ILR.

See page 23 for meaning of CAT B

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... t-v5.0.pdf
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Rambo99
Newly Registered

Post by Rambo99 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:19 am

Thank you for the information.. just a quick update and question. I have been offered a job which pays enough, however it is a 1 year contract which will likely run from April 2021 to April 2022. When applying for a visa does the job have to be a permanent contract or will a 1 year contract be ok as I will be employed at the point of applying for the visa?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:00 am

Best to have a current employer when applying. Else,

2. In respect of salaried employment in the UK (except where paragraph 9 applies), all of the following evidence must be provided:
(a) Payslips covering:
  • (i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this Appendix does not apply); or
  • (ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a) of this Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a self-employed person.
fails.

Read the complex Appendix FM-SE for full requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Rambo99
Newly Registered

Post by Rambo99 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:19 am

Thank you for the quick response. I will be in employment at the time of the visa extension application, I will probably be about 4 months in to a 1 year fixed term contract. My concerns are around the length of contact. Will being on a 1 year fixed term contract be an issue? I will be able to show 12 months salary from previous employer and the salary from the new 1 year fixed term employment with no gaps. Is the 1 year fixed term contract an issue? Will the immigration be ok I'm on a fixed term contract? Thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:22 pm

vinny wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:00 am
Read the complex Appendix FM-SE for full requirements.
I don’t think a 1 year fixed term contract will be an issue.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.