ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Affidavits for approved applications and next ceremony

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vandalsl
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Affidavits for approved applications and next ceremony

Post by vandalsl » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:45 pm

ssireland wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:32 pm
Just received Affidavit form email from Citizenship Division.

Application approved October 2020, paid the fees in November
My timeline is the same, got my approval letter late October 2020

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:49 pm

Do your emails have the correct application reference number in them? Just received an email to send the signed declaration but the application reference number in the email is incorrect. Haven't received the approval letter before as well. :?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:59 pm

iamok wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:49 pm
Do your emails have the correct application reference number in them? Just received an email to send the signed declaration but the application reference number in the email is incorrect. Haven't received the approval letter before as well. :?
Better email them and ask. It could be a mistake and this email was sent to the wrong email address. You must receive approval letter first saying that the Minister proposed to grant you a certificate of naturalisation.

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:05 pm

Vorona wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:59 pm
iamok wrote:
Better email them and ask. It could be a mistake and this email was sent to the wrong email address. You must receive approval letter first saying that the Minister proposed to grant you a certificate of naturalisation.
Yes, already emailed them as soon as I saw the email. But was just wondering if everyone else's emails has the correct reference (could be a copy-paste error?). I was also thinking that the approval letter could have gotten lost in the post since the application is pending for over 3 years and we have changed houses in between (although we did update our address with them but you never know!). Anyway, lets see what response comes back.

hdsgnr

Post by hdsgnr » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:50 pm

There was no reference number or even a name in mine. It was very generic, just asking me to send declaration and documents.
My email came on the first day and maybe they changed their approach for the next ones.

alhakeem
Ireland

Post by alhakeem » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:15 pm

iamok wrote:
Does it carry your name?Is the wrong number very similar to yours or it looks different, you can figure out if it is meant to you, but if I were you I would do what they requested straight away.

ssireland
India

Post by ssireland » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:37 am

alhakeem wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:15 pm
iamok wrote:
Does it carry your name?Is the wrong number very similar to yours or it looks different, you can figure out if it is meant to you, but if I were you I would do what they requested straight away.
Even in mine, reference number is wrong. Might be a copy paste error.

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:06 am

Hi everyone,

Just a wee update.

Received my approval last October after applying in June 2019.

Got an email with a copy of the affidavit yesterday requesting for it to be submitted with the 950 euro, pics, etc. The postscript clearly stated that it is time-sensitive in that those received after the 30th of May will take part in a future ceremony. It also mentioned the approx 6 week wait period from them receiving everything to the issue of the cert and to only contact them AFTER 6 weeks has elapsed if we haven’t received it yet.

Hope this sheds some light if this hasn’t been shared already.

Keep well and stay safe,
B

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:24 am

ssireland wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:37 am
alhakeem wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:15 pm
iamok wrote:
Even in mine, reference number is wrong. Might be a copy paste error.
Thanks! Another person I know got the email yesterday with the wrong reference number and the reference number in her email is actually the same as the one in the email we got. So it definitely looks like a copy-paste issue in yesterday's emails. We'll go ahead and start preparing the documents they've requested and we hopefully get clarification from them next week.

alhakeem
Ireland

Post by alhakeem » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:59 pm

iamok wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:05 pm

Do your emails have the correct application reference number in them? Just received an email to send the signed declaration but the application reference number in the email is incorrect. Haven't received the approval letter before as well. :
Did your letter mention the payment of the fees?If yes!Then a new patch of approvals, could be an explanation, although I did not hear of any body who had one recently.

zoie777777
Pakistan

Post by zoie777777 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:49 am

sorry lads can i ask is affidavit came by post or via email? please reply

anongirl
South Africa

Post by anongirl » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:21 am

zoie777777 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:49 am
sorry lads can i ask is affidavit came by post or via email? please reply
Email for the affidavit

anongirl
South Africa

Post by anongirl » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:22 am

Anyone here who got approved and paid the fee in jan/feb 2020 still waiting on affidavit to be emailed to them like myself :/ ?
I know they said “phased” basis but it’s disheartening to see that there is no order to this at all when people only newly approved since October have started receiving theirs. Happy for everyone who does, just sucks waiting so long and nothing still...

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:01 am

alhakeem wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:59 pm
iamok wrote:

Do your emails have the correct application reference number in them? Just received an email to send the signed declaration but the application reference number in the email is incorrect. Haven't received the approval letter before as well. :
Did your letter mention the payment of the fees?If yes!Then a new patch of approvals, could be an explanation, although I did not hear of any body who had one recently.
Yes, they have requested the payment of fees and the email includes all details that are usually included in an approval letter.

Shelter
Pakistan

Post by Shelter » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:16 pm

iamok wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:01 am
alhakeem wrote:
iamok wrote:

Yes, they have requested the payment of fees and the email includes all details that are usually included in an approval letter.
R they sending new approvals?

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:26 pm

Shelter wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:16 pm
iamok wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:01 am
alhakeem wrote:
iamok wrote:

R they sending new approvals?
I don't know and don't want to create any rumor about new approvals. I was just answering the above person's question on the contents of the email received.

happygolucky1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by happygolucky1 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:00 pm

iamok wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:26 pm

I don't know and don't want to create any rumor about new approvals. I was just answering the above person's question on the contents of the email received.

To avoid any confusion, It will be better to also inform if you had got the approval letter any time prior to receiving this affidavit email and when ?

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:20 pm

happygolucky1 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:00 pm
iamok wrote:

To avoid any confusion, It will be better to also inform if you had got the approval letter any time prior to receiving this affidavit email and when ?
We did not receive the approval letter but the email says that an approval letter was sent out. Also, today they have clarified via email that the application reference number in the email for statutory declaration is generic and we should use our own application number in the statutory declaration. So at this stage, we are assuming that the approval letter was probably lost in the post. If it wasn't for the new affidavit process then we may not have found out about the approval because the email responses to our queries have been quite generic for the last 1 year and, with the application pending for almost 3 years, we weren't quite sure what the issue was.

happygolucky1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by happygolucky1 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:53 pm

iamok wrote:

We did not receive the approval letter but the email says that an approval letter was sent out. Also, today they have clarified via email that the application reference number in the email for statutory declaration is generic and we should use our own application number in the statutory declaration. So at this stage, we are assuming that the approval letter was probably lost in the post. If it wasn't for the new affidavit process then we may not have found out about the approval because the email responses to our queries have been quite generic for the last 1 year and, with the application pending for almost 3 years, we weren't quite sure what the issue was.

This is as strange as it can get. Do you mean that you got few 'Your application continues to be processed' mails whereas the application might actually be approved ? If the letter can be lost, application reference number can be incorrect, what good an email id is to them ? Don't want to miss few beats thinking of email ids could be mistyped too. Until now I had thought that email response whatever extent copy paste it may be, will at least tell if application is approved or in process, but you broke that myth too...Anyways, congrats buddy on being out of this waiting game !

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:33 pm

happygolucky1 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:53 pm

This is as strange as it can get. Do you mean that you got few 'Your application continues to be processed' mails whereas the application might actually be approved ? If the letter can be lost, application reference number can be incorrect, what good an email id is to them ? Don't want to miss few beats thinking of email ids could be mistyped too. Until now I had thought that email response whatever extent copy paste it may be, will at least tell if application is approved or in process, but you broke that myth too...Anyways, congrats buddy on being out of this waiting game !
UPDATE: Just received the approval letter which is dated late January. So we actually got the email before the approval letter which seems to have taken some time to come through. Happy that the 3 year wait for our family is finally over. All the best to everyone else waiting.

To your question: Last email we got was in early January when the application reached the 3 year wait stage and at that time we received the email that application continues to be processed. Same as every time before that.

Eddie80
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Eddie80 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:50 pm

iamok wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:20 pm
happygolucky1 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:00 pm
iamok wrote:

Pls when did you apply?

Paddy1996
Albania

Post by Paddy1996 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:58 pm

iamok wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:33 pm
happygolucky1 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:53 pm

UPDATE: Just received the approval letter which is dated late January. So we actually got the email before the approval letter which seems to have taken some time to come through. Happy that the 3 year wait for our family is finally over. All the best to everyone else waiting.

To your question: Last email we got was in early January when the application reached the 3 year wait stage and at that time we received the email that application continues to be processed. Same as every time before that.
Can you please share when did you applied and when did you exactly receive the approval, because on the 8 of February I will be 3 years since I applied for my naturalisation, so they are supposed to bring my naturalisation before 22 February of this month

luckyfish1985
India

Post by luckyfish1985 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:02 pm

Reg : Application Reference Numbers on email who got to affidavit to submit

In the e-mail issued to you on Friday, a generic Citizenship application
number was included in the advice on submitting passport photographs. To
clarify, you should write your own Citizenship application number on the
back of the passport photographs you submit.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Naturalisation Certificates Team,
Department of Justice,
Rosanna Road,
Tipperary Town,
Co. Tipperary
E34 N566

hdsgnr

Post by hdsgnr » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:22 am

Is anyone sending photos for a second time with the affidavit? I mean people that got approved last year and sent the fee and photos already.

They asked me only for the declaration and colored copy of my passport, and now wonder if they missed to write them or they decided to make an exception and use the old ones (sent 1 year ago).

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:19 am

There is no harm sending the photos as. Photos should be taken within six months. Now they may relax this condition for the period. But why risk further delays in case they request for it again later