ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee Visa - Document Checklist needed by VFS?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hemp382
Newly Registered
Mood:

Fiancee Visa - Unable to travel due to Covid from Brazil

Post by hemp382 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:12 am

Hi,

I am applying for a Fiancee Visa and wanted to get some advice as to whether it is possible to extend a Fiancee Visa if my fiancee can not travel to the UK due to Covid. She is in Brazil which has just been put on the list of countries that are barred from entering the UK.

We were due to apply next week, so should get the Visa in early April in preparation to get married in May. If the restrictions are in place then can we extend it? I think you can't extend unless she is in the country, but wanted to check. Can I confirm that if she is here then we can extend?

If she can't make the wedding and we have to delay will this cause issues as we applied based on the date in May.

I am thinking it may be better to delay the application and appreciate people may not know the best option due to it being unprecedented times.

Cheers,

Hem

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Fiancee Visa - Unable to travel due to Covid from Brazil

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:01 pm

hemp382 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:12 am
Hi,

I am applying for a Fiancee Visa and wanted to get some advice as to whether it is possible to extend a Fiancee Visa if my fiancee can not travel to the UK due to Covid. She is in Brazil which has just been put on the list of countries that are barred from entering the UK.

We were due to apply next week, so should get the Visa in early April in preparation to get married in May. If the restrictions are in place then can we extend it? I think you can't extend unless she is in the country, but wanted to check. Can I confirm that if she is here then we can extend?

If she can't make the wedding and we have to delay will this cause issues as we applied based on the date in May.

I am thinking it may be better to delay the application and appreciate people may not know the best option due to it being unprecedented times.

Cheers,

Hem
You can extend your vignette if it expires prior before travelling to the UK and I do hope UKVI will address this issues without you needing to pay to extend your vignette.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

hemp382
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Fiancee Visa - Unable to travel due to Covid from Brazil

Post by hemp382 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:08 pm

Is there any where I can look at details of the process to extend and the fees? I could not see anything specific for fiancee visas on gov.uk

hemp382
Newly Registered
Mood:

Fiance visa issue

Post by hemp382 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:05 pm

Would you be able to email the assurance team if you had a fiancée visa and could not travel due to covid and/or your wedding was cancelled I.e. if you are not in the UK can you extend?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Fiance visa issue

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:38 pm

hemp382 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:05 pm
Would you be able to email the assurance team if you had a fiancée visa and could not travel due to covid and/or your wedding was cancelled I.e. if you are not in the UK can you extend?
There was a temporary concession in place till 31 Dec 2020 for people outside UK to extend their visas free of cost if they could not enter UK within the time frame. However, the guidance seems to be expired and not updated anymore.
You still may wish to contact them and see for yourself.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

hemp382
Newly Registered
Mood:

Fiance visa issue

Post by hemp382 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:11 am

Thanks have emailed them. Hopefully they get back to me soon

In regards to the visa I know it's granted for 6 months but is this from the point of entry to the UK or point of issue? Does the vignette have a date you must enter by I.e. within 90 days?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Fiance visa issue

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:24 am

hemp382 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:11 am
Thanks have emailed them. Hopefully they get back to me soon

In regards to the visa I know it's granted for 6 months but is this from the point of entry to the UK or point of issue? Does the vignette have a date you must enter by I.e. within 90 days?
It is 6 months from the date the visa is issued,NOT the date of entry to the UK. The person must enter the UK and marry within the 6 months. There is no "within 90 days" restriction.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hemp382
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by hemp382 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:53 am

Thanks for the prompt reply. Much appreciated.

Sorry to harbor on the same point but does issue mean date of approval or date that the visa is put in the passport. Can you delay that or that is out of your hands and is processed straight away. I am thinking if travel restrictions are in place if there is a way to delay.

How long does it typically take after approval to get your passport back? We are hoping to apply this week then get the visa approved by April. However, if it takes 2 weeks after approval to get the passport back if we stick to the 15th May wedding date and you have to self isolate then it may not be enough time I.e. get visa approval at end of April then it takes two weeks to get passport back with the visa would mean earliest fiancee can come is 14th May but then will need to isolate for 2 weeks.

I guess as it takes 12 weeks to get the spouse visa you have to marry within 3 months or while the spouse visa decision is pending you can stay longer than 6 months?

Are they offering the priority service for Spouse visas at the moment?

smarter1

Post by smarter1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:51 pm

No no priority atm.

hemp382
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by hemp382 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:54 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I have just heard of section 3c by searching through past topics and read the document. Just want to clarify that even if we apply for spouse standard service as priroty in unavailable atm as long as we apply before the 6 month fiancee visa expires that its ok even if its approved 9 months after first entry?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:12 pm

hemp382 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:54 pm
Thanks for the reply.

I have just heard of section 3c by searching through past topics and read the document. Just want to clarify that even if we apply for spouse standard service as priroty in unavailable atm as long as we apply before the 6 month fiancee visa expires that its ok even if its approved 9 months after first entry?
Yes, fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hemp382
Newly Registered
Mood:

Fiancee Visa - Single or Unmarried Partner

Post by hemp382 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:08 pm

I have filled in the application and completed it, but am now worried about the checklist it still says we need to provide "Proof that X and y are unmarried partners"

I selected the Relationship Status as "Unmarried Partner" and everywhere else selected Fiancee when asked.

The guidance on the question states the below hence I choose Unmarried partner. It seems though that the application is using this to ask for our proof of Unmarried Partner status. On the checklist, I assume I should not tick the option to confirm we will provide the document even though we have booked our wedding so have proved to the registrar/home office we are free to marry. Do I need to cancel the application or add a note to the support letters?

'Single' means that you have never been married or in a civil partnership, and that you do not currently consider yourself in a relationship.

'Unmarried partnership' means that you currently consider yourself in a relationship but are not married or in a civil partnership.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I could not find anything referencing the definitions above. It is very confusing.

Casa

Re: Fiancee Visa - Single or Unmarried Partner

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:52 am

hemp382 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:08 pm
I have filled in the application and completed it, but am now worried about the checklist it still says we need to provide "Proof that X and y are unmarried partners"

I selected the Relationship Status as "Unmarried Partner" and everywhere else selected Fiancee when asked.

The guidance on the question states the below hence I choose Unmarried partner. It seems though that the application is using this to ask for our proof of Unmarried Partner status. On the checklist, I assume I should not tick the option to confirm we will provide the document even though we have booked our wedding so have proved to the registrar/home office we are free to marry. Do I need to cancel the application or add a note to the support letters?

'Single' means that you have never been married or in a civil partnership, and that you do not currently consider yourself in a relationship.

'Unmarried partnership' means that you currently consider yourself in a relationship but are not married or in a civil partnership.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I could not find anything referencing the definitions above. It is very confusing.
Single
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

hemp382
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Fiancee Visa - Single or Unmarried Partner

Post by hemp382 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:54 am

:x The definition below the options is very contradictory. Is it enough to mention this in the cover letter or best just to start again and get a refund?

hemp382
Newly Registered
Mood:

Fiancee Visa - Document Checklist needed by VFS?

Post by hemp382 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:40 pm

After we applied the gov.uk website provided a document checklist that needs to be ticked and signed.

However, when my Fiancee went to the appointment in Brazil they didn't ask for this.

Should she have told them to take it or is it just needed if they scan the documents?

Can you give it to them after the appointment if you go back there?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Fiancee Visa - Document Checklist needed by VFS?

Post by Korekt » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:33 am

Do not worry about it; it won't be an issue.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."