ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:02 pm

Oria wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:51 pm
Hi,
Can someone pls advise when I should return my BRP to Home Office? I had my virtual ceremony today but I will not receive my certificate until next week, Tuesday or Wednesday.

Shall I wait until I receive my certificate or send my BRP tomorrow?
Within 5 working days after today.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

greko10
Newly Registered

Post by greko10 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:42 pm

Application: 14th September
Biometrics: 6th October
Approval date: 16th November
Ceremony invite letter received: 29th January (postal letter)
Date on ceremony invite letter: 25th January
Date of ceremony: Not scheduled yet.

Elle01
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Elle01 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:51 pm

Buch wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:40 pm
Greetings everyone. I just joined this forum. Congrats to everyone who already received their invitation letter. Please does anyone know when December approvals will get their citizenship invitation letter? Also, if you have done your ceremony in Milton Keynes council, can you please share how slow or quick it is to get ceremony dates there. Thanks.
I had mine with MK last week private for Via zoom free only paid for postage it wasn’t long I had completely forgotten about ceremony and got a call out of the blues which was great and after that I also forgot to send back my BC did it on the 3rd day special delivery lol just in the nick of time good luck love ❤️

aswadi
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by aswadi » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:53 pm

alexdreame wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:10 pm
Hey everyone,

I hope you are all well.

I have finally received the invitation via email in a reply to my email which i sent to the case worker team CT2 a month ago. I am very happy to finally get the invitation, since i was approved on the 19th of October. However, the invitation is addressed to my old address, although I updated it a while ago and I’ve got the confirmation. The problem now is there is currently no one at my old address and it is very likely this is going to be for a while. My concern is that the letter states I should book a ceremony within 21 days of receiving the letter. This period has already lapsed due to me not receiving the invitation letter dated 31st of Dec. I am happy to wait snd have the ceremony at a later stage, but I just wondered has anyone else had a similar situation?
According to the Home Office website you have 6 months to attend the ceremony due to COVID, but this is contradicted by the letter which says you have to book in 21 days. :(
Don’t worry, the council will keep your certificate for 6 months. Also some councils are happy to send the certificate to a different address than on the letter, I would check with them.

alexdreame
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by alexdreame » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:58 pm

aswadi wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:53 pm
alexdreame wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:10 pm
Hey everyone,

I hope you are all well.

I have finally received the invitation via email in a reply to my email which i sent to the case worker team CT2 a month ago. I am very happy to finally get the invitation, since i was approved on the 19th of October. However, the invitation is addressed to my old address, although I updated it a while ago and I’ve got the confirmation. The problem now is there is currently no one at my old address and it is very likely this is going to be for a while. My concern is that the letter states I should book a ceremony within 21 days of receiving the letter. This period has already lapsed due to me not receiving the invitation letter dated 31st of Dec. I am happy to wait snd have the ceremony at a later stage, but I just wondered has anyone else had a similar situation?
According to the Home Office website you have 6 months to attend the ceremony due to COVID, but this is contradicted by the letter which says you have to book in 21 days. :(
Don’t worry, the council will keep your certificate for 6 months. Also some councils are happy to send the certificate to a different address than on the letter, I would check with them.
Hey,
Thank you so much for your reply. Yeah, I will contact them and let you all know. I hope everyone gets their invites soon :)

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:02 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:02 pm
Oria wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:51 pm
Hi,
Can someone pls advise when I should return my BRP to Home Office? I had my virtual ceremony today but I will not receive my certificate until next week, Tuesday or Wednesday.

Shall I wait until I receive my certificate or send my BRP tomorrow?
Within 5 working days after today.

Thank you Cullinan. I will post it tomorrow. Hopefully I will receive my certificate in exchange. :)

By the way, if I am not at home when Royal Mail delivers my certificate, will they give it to my housemates? I am asking this question because the council said it will be a signed for recorded delivery.

MALCOM2

Post by MALCOM2 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:45 am

Yes don’t worry. They will give to your house mate and he will sign for it .

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:59 am

MALCOM2 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:45 am
Yes don’t worry. They will give to your house mate and he will sign for it .
Thank you. :)

imz2020
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by imz2020 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:28 am

aliabbas wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:17 pm
Sarzefa wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:22 pm
aliabbas wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:09 pm
Sarzefa wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:56 pm
Hi,
Is there anyone from October who is still waiting for the invitation letter.
16 oct approval n still waiting. What's ur approval date?
19th Oct:(
Keep us updates pls if you do get any details tks
26 approval, received the HO letter on 21 Jan but my local council hasn't received my certificate so cannot do the ceremony! I believe there's a delay at HO and they messed up the letters :(

Sab172
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Sab172 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:02 pm

Thank God, just received my invitation letter in the post from Manchester Registrar Office for the 8th of Feb, just have to email back to confirm. Thought I update to whoever is waiting for Manchester council.

TN1593
Newly Registered

Post by TN1593 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:17 pm

Can you please share your timeline?

kenadams
Newly Registered

Post by kenadams » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:04 pm

Newham Council's citizenship ceremony system finally has my details. I tried to book a ceremony yesterday but my Home Office reference was not found. I tried again this evening and my details were found.

Tried to book a private ceremony but I was taken to a page which said there were no appointments available and asked me to call them by phone.

I then decided to try to book a group ceremony instead of a private one but the system now says my Home Office reference was not found so it looks like you are given a single chance to make a booking once your details are found.

In case anyone is interested, my timeline:

Application: 4th August
Approval: 27th October
Ceremony invitation: Haven't received yet (I moved house in November but have an active Royal Mail redirection, so I am hoping the invitation will come soon)

Nature11
Mood:

Post by Nature11 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:18 pm

Teedee wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:15 am
Nature11 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:04 pm
Nature11 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:38 am
Nature11 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:49 pm

Yes, we will definitely receive in between these date, but I have seen one more post today that someone has received invitation yesterday (application submission date was 25th June) . I hope we will get invitation next week...
Hi CULLINAN,

I have received ceremony invitation yesterday. 9:00am and I have also booked private ceremony for 23rd Dec...
as they don't have free slot until mid-march 2021.
@CULLINAN
I have received my passport today. you can see my timeline.
Have you received your?
Thank you to the members here who has supported me in this journey. And special thanks to God!
Congratulations! How long did it take you to get your passport post-ceremony?
Thank you, 22 working days

Nature11
Mood:

Post by Nature11 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:19 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:20 pm
Nature11 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:04 pm
That is great. I have applied for mine also. Will get soon in 1-2weeks inshaAllah. Good luck and thanks for all the updates.
I hope you will receive next week...

Qurjib
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Qurjib » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:01 pm

Hi

I am from London Borough of Hounslow.
I received my approval email on 20th November, but have not received my ceremony letter yet.

Has anyone from Hounslow received their ceremony letter recently?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:37 pm

Qurjib wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:01 pm
Hi

I am from London Borough of Hounslow.
I received my approval email on 20th November, but have not received my ceremony letter yet.

Has anyone from Hounslow received their ceremony letter recently?

Thanks
Some members including myself have yes (Dec-Jan). If you search the forum you can read past experiences. If you have any particular questions do let me know.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:18 pm

kenadams wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:04 pm
Newham Council's citizenship ceremony system finally has my details. I tried to book a ceremony yesterday but my Home Office reference was not found. I tried again this evening and my details were found.

Tried to book a private ceremony but I was taken to a page which said there were no appointments available and asked me to call them by phone.

I then decided to try to book a group ceremony instead of a private one but the system now says my Home Office reference was not found so it looks like you are given a single chance to make a booking once your details are found.

Ceremony invitation: Haven't received yet (I moved house in November but have an active Royal Mail redirection, so I am hoping the invitation will come soon)
i don't think you can redirect gov mail. check redirect terms and condition
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:03 am

Some members have reported to successfully redirect HO mail to new address using RM redirection service. But obviously I will still be a little cautious.

kenadams
Newly Registered

Post by kenadams » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:02 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:18 pm
kenadams wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:04 pm

i don't think you can redirect gov mail. check redirect terms and condition
Hi - Thanks for the warning! I've just checked the T&Cs and it says some key government letters such as Benefits cannot be redirected, but most can and they just inform government departments when they redirect a government letter.

So, it sounds to me like a ceremony invite will be redirected without an issue, fingers crossed.

Alisher715
Pakistan

Post by Alisher715 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:09 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:03 am
Some members have reported to successfully redirect HO mail to new address using RM redirection service. But obviously I will still be a little cautious.
I have done the redirection from royal mail but still my invitation letter came to my old address.

mrmo93
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrmo93 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:25 am

Hi quick question,

Any news about kent ceremonies?

Also can I send my council another message?

NinashK
Newly Registered

Post by NinashK » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:56 am

Hi yes you can send Kent County another message as their quite good with replying messages. Kent is conducting individual ceremony. I had mine last week so be patient as they will write to you when it gets to your turn. They are very polite. After ceremony they will give you a jar of nice fruit jam lol....

When did you receive your ho letter. The lady told me they're in the process of clearing backlogs from January. Ceremony per person is every 15mins. Hooe you hear from them soon.

mrmo93
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrmo93 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:05 am

Thank you for the reply :) Glad to hear about the jam

i recieved my letter on the 20th of december and approval was 12 of October. When was your letter date?

Yazzz95
Mood:

Post by Yazzz95 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:18 am

Has anyone from Newham council been able to book ceremony (virtual/private/group) ??

Aragon1

Post by Aragon1 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:19 am

My progress update! :)

Date of application: 22/08/2020
Date of receipt of approval: 13/11/2020 (by email)
Date on the ceremony letter: 25/01/2021
Date of receipt of ceremony letter: 30/01/2021 (2nd Class post)
Date of receipt of ceremony invitation letter from Shropshire Council: 30/01/2021 (1st Class post) - Delivered together with Ceremony letter by the postie!
Date of Ceremony: 03/02/2021 (Zoom Meeting)

Very impressed with the timing of the two letters arriving together and friendly & professional staff at the Shropshire Council.

Finally end is in sight. Good luck everyone.