ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renew stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Flamenuke
Newly Registered
Brazil

Renew stamp 4

Post by Flamenuke » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:19 pm

Hi Guys, due to covid situation I ve been outside ireland for almost one year and a half. I am stamp4 holder (Crtical skills) and I intend to go back to live in Ireland in June. My stamp 4 expiry in July. My intention is live in ireland forever. Do you know if I . Going to have problems with my renewing? I ve been almos one year and a half outside Ireland.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Renew stamp 4

Post by littlerr » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:21 pm

COVID lockdown only started 10 months ago, so you left Ireland 8 months before COVID started. Using COVID as an excuse won't stand at all.

You were no longer considered a legal resident when you left the state for more than 3 months without informing INIS and having a valid reason.

I can't see how you will be legally allowed into the state, leaving alone renewing your stamp.

Paddy1996
Albania

Post by Paddy1996 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:24 pm

littlerr wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:21 pm
COVID lockdown only started 10 months ago, so you left Ireland 8 months before COVID started. Using COVID as an excuse won't stand at all.

You were no longer considered a legal resident when you left the state for more than 3 months without informing INIS and having a valid reason.

I can't see how you will be legally allowed into the state, leaving alone renewing your stamp.
That’s tru like they won’t accept that excuse

zeej1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zeej1 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:36 pm

littlerr wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:21 pm

Hi littlerr,
I was trying to find this rule on website but could not locate it. Could you please share some reference for this rule?
(I am absolutely not doubting this 3-Months rule, as I know many people who have the same understanding. Just trying to find some official INIS or Immigration website reference)
Thanks,

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:46 pm

zeej1 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:36 pm
Hi littlerr,
I was trying to find this rule on website but could not locate it. Could you please share some reference for this rule?
(I am absolutely not doubting this 3-Months rule, as I know many people who have the same understanding. Just trying to find some official INIS or Immigration website reference)
Thanks,
Indeed the 3-month rule isn’t specified on their website. I didn’t check the legislature and I guess it is open to judicial challenges if it isn’t spelled out in the legislatures.

3 months is the the de-facto standard used at the border management unit in airports and in Garda stations when renewing statuses. I have personally confirmed this with INIS.

I wish to acknowledge receipt of your email re: Minimum residence requirement for Stamp 4 holders.

Generally, a residency permit holder is permitted to remain outside the State no more than 90 days consecutively without negative impact on their
residency status.

zeej1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zeej1 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:03 pm

littlerr wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:46 pm

Indeed the 3-month rule isn’t specified on their website. I didn’t check the legislature and I guess it is open to judicial challenges if it isn’t spelled out in the legislatures.

3 months is the the de-facto standard used at the border management unit in airports and in Garda stations when renewing statuses. I have personally confirmed this with INIS.

I wish to acknowledge receipt of your email re: Minimum residence requirement for Stamp 4 holders.

Generally, a residency permit holder is permitted to remain outside the State no more than 90 days consecutively without negative impact on their
residency status.
Perfect, Makes sense. Thanks for sharing.
Websites definitely need a lot of work. But I guess, recently, they are making change in processes to streamline things. (abandoning re-entry visa for IRP card holders, e-tax clearance cert requirement for citizenship application, online IRP renewals etc.) Hopefully, they will get to it soon.