ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

'Processing of your application is well advanced'

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Patchwork
Newly Registered

'Processing of your application is well advanced'

Post by Patchwork » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:10 pm

Hi,

I applied for citizenship by naturalisation in May, received my passports back in August and hadn't heard anything since then. I emailed last week asking if there was any update on the status of my application and received a response today saying 'Processing of your application is well advanced and you will be informed of the Ministers decision in due course'. Can I conclude that I am at any particular stage of the process based on this, or does it just tell me my application is somewhere on the journey between received and approved?

Thanks.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: 'Processing of your application is well advanced'

Post by Vorona » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:18 pm

Patchwork wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:10 pm
Hi,

I applied for citizenship by naturalisation in May, received my passports back in August and hadn't heard anything since then. I emailed last week asking if there was any update on the status of my application and received a response today saying 'Processing of your application is well advanced and you will be informed of the Ministers decision in due course'. Can I conclude that I am at any particular stage of the process based on this, or does it just tell me my application is somewhere on the journey between received and approved?

Thanks.

Based on similar reports this is a very generic response that provides very little clarity on the status of the application. You must get a proper letter from the Department confirming the status of the application.
In due course means anytime in the future.
With COVID delays I personally won't hold my breath about any email correspondence with the Department unless I get a proper letter with update.

Fbrlad
Aruba

Post by Fbrlad » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:36 pm

It means it passed all stages and waiting for the minister to sign it. Minister signs in patches so expect delays

ZA2020
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ZA2020 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:40 pm

Patchwork wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.
When they reply your application is well advanced it means you passed all the stages and waiting for ministers to sign and send back to division.it’s not necessary everyone should receive 2nd letter

Shelter
Pakistan

Post by Shelter » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:36 pm

Patchwork wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.

That's mean nothing I got this well advanced stage email sep 2019 and still waiting .. so don't get exited..

agk261
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by agk261 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:44 am

Shelter wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:36 pm
Patchwork wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.

That's mean nothing I got this well advanced stage email sep 2019 and still waiting .. so don't get exited..
Have you since gotten an update/approval or you are still are where you were in February, kindly reply as I got the same well advanced stage email reply to my enquiry?
Thanks very much
G