ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Teedee
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Teedee » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:07 pm

Jim123 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:39 pm
Currently waiting for invitation. Email received from HO on 7/12/2020.
Hi - HO is still working on November applications. There’s only 1 person that I know of on this forum, who has received their invitation from the 5th of December. I think they were just lucky :)

YA0148
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by YA0148 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:18 pm

Gard wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:41 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:41 pm
Gard wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:27 am
jasmine89 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:23 pm

Lucky you. Mine is on tuesday and still no sign of email.
Jasmine, have you done ur ceremony? Could you please tell me how was that and how it works? Thanks
Hi syed.

Thank God the process is finally completed:). It was very straight forward. Download the app on your tablet or phone. Click on the link in email and it will take you to the meeting. They will ask you to show them your ID and invitation letter. Once the ceremony is concluded they will send out the certificates by post. You will most likely receive it next week. Best of luck to everyone who is waiting.
One more question jasmine. Did you mean the link where it says join the meeting, and after clicking that link do I have to join as a guest or do I have to enter anything else? Also at what time I should click on the link? How long before the meeting I mean.

Pleased to know that you have done yours, mine is tomorrow and I'm confused 😭
can it be done on desktop or has to be done through the app?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:31 pm

MS Teams can be used via the app on the smartphone also.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Hello5
Newly Registered

Post by Hello5 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:33 pm

Northampton

They have my certificate

They are not doing group/private ceremonies due to covid

They are "looking" at virtual ceremonies

Surely it cannot be rocket science....

MALCOM2

Post by MALCOM2 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:37 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:31 pm
All the best cullinan . Congratulations . Please when do you think I can receive my invitation letter. 25 November approval. Also what is the time line of ceremony at Southwark please is anyone to help me out.thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:39 pm

MALCOM2 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:37 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
All the best cullinan . Congratulations . Please when do you think I can receive my invitation letter. 25 November approval. Also what is the time line of ceremony at Southwark please is anyone to help me out.thanks
Thank you. You will have to follow this group and see first hand user experiences reported to deduce when you will receive your invitation tentatively. But hopefully you are next in line now.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Malinn
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship ceremonies November approval

Post by Malinn » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:23 pm

Hello hope everyone is fine.
I thought I share my timeline for citizenship as a refugee.
Application submitted-16.10.2019 via post Solicitor.
Fee collected credit card around-01.11.2019
Biometric enrolled-10.11.2019
Approval via post-13.11.2020 received 18.11.2020.
Ceremony invitation received-02.02.2021 dated 25.01.21.
I am with Birmingham they only do virtual ceremonies by email.

Anyone with Birmingham had their ceremonies recently?
Kindly share the experience if possible please,thanks.

To all those waiting for the invitation all the best,you will get it,remember the approval is the ticking point.

YA0148
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by YA0148 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:27 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Hi CULLINAN
sorry as i am bit unfamiliar with it, i am asking if i can do in on my computer as i don't have a smartphone or tablet.
thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:32 pm

YA0148 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:27 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Hi CULLINAN
sorry as i am bit unfamiliar with it, i am asking if i can do in on my computer as i don't have a smartphone or tablet.
thanks
Yes you can. Depending on which computer you have, you will have to download the app first on your computer, for example, from Microsoft store or App store etc.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:42 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:32 pm
YA0148 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Hi CULLINAN
thanks
Yes you can. Depending on which computer you have, you will have to download the app first on your computer, for example, from Microsoft store or App store etc.
No requirement to download the app. You can log into teams from the web directly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:42 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:32 pm
YA0148 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Hi CULLINAN
thanks
No requirement to download the app. You can log into teams from the web directly.
Thanks CR001.

Login here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-teams/log-in

PS: Obviously your computer should have a built in/external camera.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:32 pm

Gard wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:
Gard wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:23 pm

Lucky you. Mine is on tuesday and still no sign of email.
Jasmine, have you done ur ceremony? Could you please tell me how was that and how it works? Thanks
Hi syed.

Thank God the process is finally completed:). It was very straight forward. Download the app on your tablet or phone. Click on the link in email and it will take you to the meeting. They will ask you to show them your ID and invitation letter. Once the ceremony is concluded they will send out the certificates by post. You will most likely receive it next week. Best of luck to everyone who is waiting.
One more question jasmine. Did you mean the link where it says join the meeting, and after clicking that link do I have to join as a guest or do I have to enter anything else? Also at what time I should click on the link? How long before the meeting I mean.

Yes the the link in the email which says join the meeting. When you click on it it should take you straight to the app. Join as a guest. Type your full name in the joining box (you get that once you click join as guest) and i think you can join the meeting 4-5 mins before you will just be in waiting and then at the appointment time they will allow you access in the room. It is best to join a few minutes earlier. Best of luck.🤞 i am sure it will go smoothly. Keep your invitation letter and ID with you as well when you join.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:35 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Hi Cullinan. I hope you are doing well. Have you received your passport? If you have can you please give me an idea of timescale.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:55 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:35 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Hi Cullinan. I hope you are doing well. Have you received your passport? If you have can you please give me an idea of timescale.
Hope you are well too. Mine is just approved today, hoping to receive before Friday. Mine took 2.5 weeks till approval. But it varies.. 2-4 weeks for the process. You need to follow the passport timeline thread:

british-citizenship/british-passport-ap ... 80618.html

Gard
Newly Registered

Post by Gard » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:36 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:32 pm
Gard wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:
Gard wrote:

Hi syed.

Yes the the link in the email which says join the meeting. When you click on it it should take you straight to the app. Join as a guest. Type your full name in the joining box (you get that once you click join as guest) and i think you can join the meeting 4-5 mins before you will just be in waiting and then at the appointment time they will allow you access in the room. It is best to join a few minutes earlier. Best of luck.🤞 i am sure it will go smoothly. Keep your invitation letter and ID with you as well when you join.
Many many thanks jasmine. Everything clear now. Thanks for the reply

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:54 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:55 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Hope you are well too. Mine is just approved today, hoping to receive before Friday. Mine took 2.5 weeks till approval. But it varies.. 2-4 weeks for the process. You need to follow the passport timeline thread:

Thank you soo much for your reply. Can you please tell me what documents do i need to send.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:10 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:54 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Thank you soo much for your reply. Can you please tell me what documents do i need to send.
Your original naturalisation certificate and original current home country’s passport.

Follow and keep your passport questions:

british-citizenship/british-passport-ne ... 11028.html

Sab172
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Sab172 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:17 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Hi, did you get your naturalisation certificate from Manchester Council, how long after the ceremony did you receive it? Did you had to pay extra for special delivery?
Thanks

kenadams
Newly Registered

Post by kenadams » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:36 am

kenadams wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:02 am
askmeplz82 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:18 pm
kenadams wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:04 pm
Newham Council's citizenship ceremony system finally has my details. I tried to book a ceremony yesterday but my Home Office reference was not found. I tried again this evening and my details were found.

Tried to book a private ceremony but I was taken to a page which said there were no appointments available and asked me to call them by phone.

I then decided to try to book a group ceremony instead of a private one but the system now says my Home Office reference was not found so it looks like you are given a single chance to make a booking once your details are found.

In case anyone is interested, my timeline:

Application: 4th August
Approval: 27th October
Ceremony invitation: Haven't received yet (I moved house in November but have an active Royal Mail redirection, so I am hoping the invitation will come soon)
i don't think you can redirect gov mail. check redirect terms and condition
Hi - Thanks for the warning! I've just checked the T&Cs and it says some key government letters such as Benefits cannot be redirected, but most can and they just inform government departments when they redirect a government letter.

So, it sounds to me like a ceremony invite will be redirected without an issue, fingers crossed.
Royal Mail redirection did NOT work. Just got in touch with the residents at my old address, they had my invitation letter, going to collect it from them today.

Anyone who moved with a Royal Mail redirection in place, it looks like we have cases where it both does and does not get redirected.

Elle01
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Elle01 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:21 pm

Sab172 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:17 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:

Hi, did you get your naturalisation certificate from Manchester Council, how long after the ceremony did you receive it? Did you had to pay extra for special delivery?
Thanks
My cousin did her ceremony with Milton Keynes council on 01/02/21 and she also paid £7,50 funny enough she just called me today 3/2/21 have not received the certificate so it’s different really mine was 2 days so I’m not sure what the £7.50 is for because special delivery is next day that’s why I think paying for private ceremonies is a waste of money £125-£350 for 5 mins then wait a week to get the certificate lol the whole process is so draining I think they do it on purpose just to frustrate people 😩

desy2003
Newly Registered

Post by desy2003 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:48 pm

I want to thank everyone in this group for their contributions I have finally received the invitation letter and I have emailed Westminster city council to book a ceremony but still haven’t heard from them since 28th of January my timeline is-
Online app - 7/08/2020
Biometric - 22/09/2020
Approval-03/11/2020
Invite letter-27/01/2021
Ceremony-awaiting Westminster council
Please does anyone have any information about Westminster but I was specifically told by a lady in the register office in Westminster that it virtual ceremony and that it’s free

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:59 pm

desy2003 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:48 pm
I want to thank everyone in this group for their contributions I have finally received the invitation letter and I have emailed Westminster city council to book a ceremony but still haven’t heard from them since 28th of January my timeline is-
Online app - 7/08/2020
Biometric - 22/09/2020
Approval-03/11/2020
Invite letter-27/01/2021
Ceremony-awaiting Westminster council
Please does anyone have any information about Westminster but I was specifically told by a lady in the register office in Westminster that it virtual ceremony and that it’s free
https://www.westminster.gov.uk/birth-an ... p-ceremony
Private citizenship ceremonies are currently being offered virtually through Zoom and not in a face-to-face setting. If you would like to make a booking for a virtual private citizenship ceremony, you can request this by emailing your name, home office reference number and mobile number to our team at citizenshipceremonies@westminster.gov.uk.

A member of the team will then contact you to book a virtual private citizenship ceremony. Prior to the virtual private citizenship ceremony you will receive the Zoom ceremony meeting link to access on the day.

Gard
Newly Registered

Post by Gard » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:08 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Gard wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:
Gard wrote:

Hi syed.

Alhamdulillah done my ceremony today. It was exactly same as you said Jasmine. Just downloaded the app and clicked on the link 5 mins before the ceremony started. And the person allowed me to join the group video call. Took only 10 mins. Tue certificate would be arrived friday.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:12 pm

Ealing Council

Finally booked for me private ceremony after 2 weeks . that is 2 months after invitation letter date and 5 months after approval

It’s free
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Desmond123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Desmond123 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:32 pm

Gard wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:08 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Gard wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:

Hi syed.

Alhamdulillah done my ceremony today. It was exactly same as you said Jasmine. Just downloaded the app and clicked on the link 5 mins before the ceremony started. And the person allowed me to join the group video call. Took only 10 mins. Tue certificate would be arrived friday.
I had my virtual ceremony today aswel , I think we might have done it together with you because it was the exact same time ( am the black guy😀). I wish everyone best of luck. Over to passport thread now.😀.