ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:33 pm

"I'd say they're just putting the head down and working"

Ha ha, clearly you're an optimist!! :-)

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:31 am

Fionn wrote:As you said "the optimists would say.."
The pissimists would say that they're just lying..
Now it up to you to pick if you piss- :roll: or optimist

I've been try to call them in the last few weeks but noone is answering..I'd say they're just putting the head down and working..May be th threat of loosing their jobs (3% have to be saved in every dep in the public sector) is pushing them to finally do some work.. I don't really mind..
3% have to be saved in every department. yeah, the 3% are not saved from the original salaries. 3% are on all the over time pay and expenditure in services!!!!! so they will even do it slower when there is no over time for them. you think they will make it fast for people? hahaha, dream on.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:05 pm

Hello,

I'm a new user on the forum and I just wanted to say hello! I've been monitoring the forum for the last 2 weeks after I got the same letter other people in this thread reported they received (the one asking for your P21, bank statements, etc.)

I applied in late march 06 and I share the pain with most people about the long waiting period. When I received the letter I felt quite optimistic as I knew that INIS were finally reviewing my application! But I know that it will take some time before I get the final approval (or rejection!) from the Minister. Based on the experience of friends who applied before I did, I think people who applied in the feb-may 06 timeframe should be getting their citizenship by mid 2009. But by reading some of the threads it looks like this can vary considerably for different people.

I don't know if it's true but I heard one of the steps that DoJ takes (after INIS has processed your application) before approving your application involves writing to you country's authorities to see if you have any criminal record there. So the time you will be waiting for your approval largely depends on how quick your country is in replying. And if your country's language is not English, they could probably take even longer to reply as they'll probably have to do some translation work.

Anyway, I hope some of the optimistics in this thread are correct and the INIS/DoJ are finally processing applications faster!

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:21 pm

Just posting the timelines for a friend of mine who recently got approval from DoJ for his citizenship application

Applied: Initially Aug 2005, application was sent back due to some inconsistencies in application form. Re-submitted application form in sep 2005.
Was asked to submit birth cert affidavit in May 2008 which he submitted a few days later.
No further documentation requests, he got the letter of approval last week.

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:22 pm

That's a very interesting point LuasPassenger, and could explain why it varies for different people. I wonder how we can go about verifying it. Is there anything in freedom of information act that can force them to tell you whether they do it or not?

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:29 pm

ashimashi wrote:That's a very interesting point LuasPassenger, and could explain why it varies for different people. I wonder how we can go about verifying it. Is there anything in freedom of information act that can force them to tell you whether they do it or not?
I don't know why it varies for different people. But if what I heard is true (that they write to your country of origin) then that could be a reason. But I don't know if it's true. Maybe other people have heard something similar.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:35 pm

I honestly doubt if they write to your country of origin. If that was the case for most Asian and African countries you probably would not even get a response! And I doubt if these countries even have a central database which stores criminal convictions (if any) of a person.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:55 pm

strongbow wrote:I honestly doubt if they write to your country of origin. If that was the case for most Asian and African countries you probably would not even get a response! And I doubt if these countries even have a central database which stores criminal convictions (if any) of a person.
well, you got that right. if they write to all the applicants country of original for citizenship application criminal checks, why the INIS started to ask people submit criminal record checks from all the countries the applicant had resided before the applicant came to ireland for Long Term Residency application??? why dont they just do the same thing for Long Term Residency application? if they really write to the applicant's country of original and asked for the cirminal record checks, i think people wont be waiting for 3 years. they will be waiting for 3 years x 5 before they get their irish citizenship!

hussie
Newly Registered

Rate of application process

Post by hussie » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:39 am

Hi guys

I see that they're now busy with applications received in APR-06 for naturalisation. http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section

I've been tracking this since APR-08 and found more or less the following trend.

For each month since APR-08 (until SEP-08), they started processing two months worth of applications. This suggests that the department is indeed getting the waiting time reduced. (Every month, the waiting time of new applications should reduce by one month)

So the best estimates I have of when I can expect my application to be processed is as follows:
I applied in AUG-06, they are now busy with APR-06
The difference between the two is 4 months. Since they process at a rate of 2:1, I hope they will make contact with me in 2 (4/2) months. Of course I know I won't be done then but at least some people with more recent applications can try and have some sort of guess of when the application will be processed.[/img]

golwaycat
Newly Registered

Post by golwaycat » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:52 am

Dear All
if anyone has a soft copy of the Birth Certificate Affadifit , please can you mail it to myself at golwaycat@yahoo.com. I would really appriciate your help

regards

GC

mendo

Post by mendo » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:23 am

Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:19 pm

I haven't had a reply yet but...

I rather doubt that they write to your country of origin, because in my case, in order to get any information they would need my written permission or my country can not legally disclose this information.

I don't recall having given such permission, it isn't on the application form.

It would be far easier for them to take the (lazy) easy way out and make the applicant supply police clearance certificates.

Perhaps they will contact me to ask for permission, or for a cert., we'll see in (un)due time.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Birth Certificate Affadifit

Post by mktsoi » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:55 pm

does anyone knows what the Birth Certificate Affadifit is for? i submitted my application with a certified birth cert(translated officially from my own embassy). do i still have to submit Birth Certificate Affadifit ???????

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:14 pm

Birth certificate affidavit is usually asked for because the format for non-Irish birth certs is not acceptable to the DoJ. My birth cert was in English but I was still asked for an affidavit. I think you are better off submitting a birth cert affidavit anyway.

Fionn

I hope they're not lying about this...

Post by Fionn » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:35 pm

Immigrant Information Network meeting with INIS:

http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/newslett ... .php?id=38

Quote:
ICI Information and Support Service Coordinator Brian Killoran, Legal Information Officer Ruth Ní Fhionnáin and members of the Immigrant Information Network (IIN) met with officials from the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) as part of the NGO Customer Liaison Forum on September 16.

Officials from the EU Treaty Rights Section confirmed that they are currently dealing with 2,000 applications from people who were affected by Ireland’s incorrect transposition of the EU Freedom of Movement Directive. Ireland was requiring couples, where an EU citizen was married to a non-EU citizen, to have lived together in another EU member state before granting residency in Ireland to the non-EU national. In July, the European Court of Justice found Ireland was in breach of EU law. The officials said that, so far, 1,000 applications have been processed.

Officials from the Citizenship Division informed the forum that the division has expanded significantly, which should help to reduce the three-year application processing times.

The ICI hopes to meet with INIS again as part of the NGO Customer Liaison Forum later this year.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: I hope they're not lying about this...

Post by mktsoi » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:49 am

[quote="Fionn"]Immigrant Information Network meeting with INIS:

Officials from the Citizenship Division informed the forum that the division has expanded significantly, which should help to reduce the three-year application processing times.

quote]

like what? expansion in their cafe so they can make more tea? just kidding. hope they really had the expansion so all the applicants dont have to wait for long time!

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:34 am

More info for the optimists...

Latest official word from the MoJ:

"The current processing time for applications is approximately 28 months."

Previously, they were claiming 30 months.

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:25 am

bloody foreigner wrote:More info for the optimists...

Latest official word from the MoJ:

"The current processing time for applications is approximately 28 months."

Previously, they were claiming 30 months.
Well, I've applied in May 06, and they should have everything they need including birth cert affidavit - so we'll soon find out if it's true or not

elbet
Newly Registered

me tooo

Post by elbet » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:35 pm

[quote="seldam"]I also applied for irish naturalisation based on 5 year residence (work permit) in March 2006. I recently also got a letter requesting for following documents in :

- copy of my P21 for last year (2007)
- copies of my 3 most recent payslips
- copies of my bank statement(s) covering the last 3 months

Those that wre sent the same letter requesting further documentation.....have you got any further replies?[/quote]

Received today in post a letter asking to submit the above docs along with birth & marriage affidavits .. applied Sep06.

Same question asked before : How long it takes between sending required docs and letter of naturalisation ?
Anyone around Sep06 got the same letter ?

cheers

last man standing
Newly Registered

Re: me tooo

Post by last man standing » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:59 pm

doubt the 28 months clain . i applied in june 2005 and submitted birth affidevit /bank statement a month ago . still waiting on any response

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:25 pm

It seems quite random.

This forum and other sources show variations from applications in early 2005 having heard nothing to applications from late last year being approved.

Anyone want to try to explain that??

I don't think I can, given that officially "Applications are processed in chronological order", or should that be "chronic illogical order".

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:47 am

My friend, submitted application in Sept.06 received letter asking to submit addl documents.

Looks like Dept is checking to see whether the Application still in Ireland and working?
Last edited by ChIrl on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

babar asif
Newly Registered

Post by babar asif » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:54 pm

Hi last man standing,
When exactly in 2005 you apllied ?

last man standing
Newly Registered

Post by last man standing » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:38 pm

babar asif wrote:Hi last man standing,
When exactly in 2005 you apllied ?
i applied in june 2005 did not hera from them till august this year when they asked for birth affidevit and bank statement .send the documents in september and waiting for response.

babar asif
Newly Registered

Post by babar asif » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:35 pm

Hi I applied end of May 2005, probably 1 or 2 weeks before you.at the end of july, they have asked me to send them the same documents . since waiting , I have contacted them but as usual response was that your application is under process. I just amussed how some people can get response in just 2 years !! when we are waiting for more then 3 years. what you think ?