ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sending Original Documents instead of certified copies?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

roamingbee
Newly Registered
United States of America

Sending Original Documents instead of certified copies?

Post by roamingbee » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:07 pm

Hello,

I'm about to submit my application for naturalisation any day now. I knew immigrating would be a nightmare with providing documents, so I ordered 5 original marriage certificates and birth certificates from my home(United States) before I moved over. They're stamped and watermarked with the local government seal.

However, when reading the Irish Naturalisation application, it states that the birth certification and marriage certificate HAVE to be a certified copy signed by peace commissioner/solicitor/public notary.

Are original documents in English ok to send or will my application be rejected because they're not signed by a solicitor?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Sending Original Documents instead of certified copies?

Post by Vorona » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:20 pm

roamingbee wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:07 pm
Are original documents in English ok to send or will my application be rejected because they're not signed by a solicitor?
No. Application will not be rejected.
Your marriage certificate will simply be returned to you and will be asked to make a certified copy and send it back.

ciitronian
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Sending Original Documents instead of certified copies?

Post by ciitronian » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:05 pm

Hi, call any solicitor/notary public get the appointment and you have to get your Statuary declaration signed by Solicitor so take your original documents and asked them to make a copy and certify the document with stamp TRUE COPY of Original and sign it. It would hardly takes 15mins to get this done and dont forget to pay the fees :wink: :wink: .
roamingbee wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:07 pm
Hello,

I'm about to submit my application for naturalisation any day now. I knew immigrating would be a nightmare with providing documents, so I ordered 5 original marriage certificates and birth certificates from my home(United States) before I moved over. They're stamped and watermarked with the local government seal.

However, when reading the Irish Naturalisation application, it states that the birth certification and marriage certificate HAVE to be a certified copy signed by peace commissioner/solicitor/public notary.