ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ballackmo
Mood:

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Ballackmo » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:05 am

Cihangir wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:35 pm
Form Submission:13/11/2020
APAD Email to ask if I am ok to change EEA to EUS: 9/12/2020 (I said yes and APAD confirm process started)
Biometrics: 11/12/2020
APAD Email brc ready to sent : 31/01/2021
Card Received: ?

Per e mail I will receive in 7 days and I need to return old(voided) card

Same day as me but yet receive Email for BRC ready to send hopefully within this week

Amirkhan042
Mood:
Australia

Post by Amirkhan042 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:38 pm

daral20 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:32 am
Cihangir wrote:
APAD Email to ask if I am ok to change EEA to EUS: 9/12/2020 (I said yes and APAD confirm process started)

Thank you for sharing your timeline, as for us:
Replacement application : 11/01
biometric : 11/01
My husband card was about to expire so I don’t think he will receive an email asking if he agree to swap from EEA to EUSS status as this is now the only option
APAD email confirm brc sent: ?
Received: ?

Hi,

I am sailing with your husband in same boat...
I had 5 years brc
I have applied for pre settled status in 2019 and got it...
In October I have completed my five years cycle and applied for settled status which I received in end of November 2020 ..
My 5years brc was expired on 16 dec 2020
So I had to apply for replacement in December 2020
I did my bio matric on 4th jan 2021

Waiting ...... for their reply

Question 1

I did not receive any email from apad to confirm my change? (Is that because my brc card is already expired?)

Question 2

Is there any way I can track my application? Call? Email? Or any other medium I can contact them?

Question 3

My wife is moving out and going to file a divorce unfortunately will that effect any of the decisions?
Or do I have to change anything if we are divorced?

Question 4
Once I receive my card do I have to send it again for verification to Liverpool?

Midofcj
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by Midofcj » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:52 pm

Hi everyone
I need help please
I applied the 25th of September to change my card I’ve done my biometric 19th of October I received the APAD email before biometric and I reply with yes unfortunately I deleted the email
Could someone please give me the email address of APAD so I can ask them why its taking to long

Ballackmo
Mood:

Post by Ballackmo » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:19 pm

Midofcj wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:52 pm
Hi everyone
I need help please
I applied the 25th of September to change my card I’ve done my biometric 19th of October I received the APAD email before biometric and I reply with yes unfortunately I deleted the email
Could someone please give me the email address of APAD so I can ask them why its taking to long

APAD@homeoffice.gov.uk

Midofcj
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by Midofcj » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:41 am

Ballackmo wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:19 pm
Midofcj wrote:
Hi everyone
I need help please

APAD@homeoffice.gov.uk
Thank you so much

SMS2020
Newly Registered

Post by SMS2020 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:44 am

Midofcj wrote:
Hi everyone
I need help please
Not to worry. I applied even before that in mid-Sep and did my bio on second week of Oct and got the decision letter only last week after chasing on the APAD email. you are not alone.

Kuliska02

Post by Kuliska02 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:51 am

SMS2020 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:44 am
Midofcj wrote:
Hi everyone
I need help please
Not to worry. I applied even before that in mid-Sep and did my bio on second week of Oct and got the decision letter only last week after chasing on the APAD email. you are not alone.
What did you email exactly to apad, I'm gonna do the same brother?
mine is taking long time aswell, I will try.

daral20
Newly Registered
Gambia

Post by daral20 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:26 pm

! Message from: daral20
Amirkhan042 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:38 pm
daral20 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:32 am
Cihangir wrote:

Thank you for sharing your timeline, as for us:
Replacement application : 11/01
biometric : 11/01
My husband card was about to expire so I don’t think he will receive an email asking if he agree to swap from EEA to EUSS status as this is now the only option
APAD email confirm brc sent: ?
Received: ?

Hi,

I am sailing with your husband in same boat...
I had 5 years brc
I have applied for pre settled status in 2019 and got it...
In October I have completed my five years cycle and applied for settled status which I received in end of November 2020 ..
My 5years brc was expired on 16 dec 2020
So I had to apply for replacement in December 2020
I did my bio matric on 4th jan 2021

Waiting ...... for their reply

Question 1

I did not receive any email from apad to confirm my change? (Is that because my brc card is already expired?)

Question 2

Is there any way I can track my application? Call? Email? Or any other medium I can contact them?

Question 3

My wife is moving out and going to file a divorce unfortunately will that effect any of the decisions?
Or do I have to change anything if we are divorced?

Question 4
Once I receive my card do I have to send it again for verification to Liverpool?
Hello,
Q1: I cannot guarantee as we also didn’t receive any confirmation but I thing this might be the reason, I just sent an email today to make sure everything is going well

Q2: apparently there is no way to track the application unless if it is taking more than 8 weeks, but you can still call the resolution centre and ask for an update or email apad@homeoffice.gov.uk

Q3: I don’t think this will affect your card application, has for your settle status I don’t know maybe someone else can respond to this question but I would advise you to ask a solicitor or a lawyer.

Q4: At the moment you don’t have to send your card again after receiving it, unless there is a major change such as your first name etc..

SMS2020
Newly Registered

Post by SMS2020 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:09 am

Kuliska02 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:51 am
SMS2020 wrote:
Midofcj wrote:
Hi everyone
I need help please
I just wrote my application submission date, biometrics date and told them its been more then 4 months since submission and usually the standard time is 8 weeks and asked them the latest update or status and any specific reason for delay

Kuliska02

Post by Kuliska02 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:48 am

SMS2020 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:09 am
Kuliska02 wrote:
SMS2020 wrote:
Midofcj wrote:
Hi everyone
I need help please
I just wrote my application submission date, biometrics date and told them its been more then 4 months since submission and usually the standard time is 8 weeks and asked them the latest update or status and any specific reason for delay
Thx, alot, when you receive your new card, after updating online login details, are you going to send your card to them again for verification or no, if you Share your experience will good for everybody, because some people says after I update my identity login details, I Need to send them back 😊
For verification, I only think they ask that if you change your name or age whatever thx alot again

Judeu
Cuba

Post by Judeu » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:34 pm

Hey, you don't need to send back your new card unless for a change on it like name, etc. However, the old one must be sent after you have updated your new card details ie reference number onto your online file. Moreover, it's advisable to write down your old card's reference number in a safe place until the Home Office has sent you an email confirming your online status update with the new card's details. That said, if I may say so, I am still waiting for that confirmation for the last time three weeks, at least.
#TomorrowWillBeaGoodDay

Kuliska02

Post by Kuliska02 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:03 pm

I texted to apad 2 days ago for getting some information about my application because it's long time. I would like to ask you guys?

Is apad respond in same day or couple days later because unfortunately since yesterday I didn't receive any email😔

Kuliska02

Post by Kuliska02 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:23 pm

SMS2020 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:24 pm
To everyone who is waiting for a long time to get the replacement BRC ( Conversion from old EU BRC to new EUSS BRC). I read from the old posts that someone has sent a chaser email on the original consent email received from APAD and they received the decision letter in 2 days. I took a chance and did the same. Now i start to think its no more a chance and its actually doing something because i sent an email on the back of the APAD email asking about the status of my application. I received a standard reply that they are working on it on date basis and its delayed because of covid-19, etc, etc. However within 3 working days, i received the decision letter (today) stating that i will receive my card in 7 working days. So i guess the chaser email is working indeed. I have waited for a long time. Probably best is to wait for 2 months and if its taking more than 2 months then this email can be tried.
I submitted my application in mid Sep 2020 and did my biometrics in mid oct 2020. so its been more than 4 months since my application submission date. waiting for my BRC in post now.
After you send mail to apad when got standard reply?

Same day it couple of days later

SMS2020
Newly Registered

Post by SMS2020 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:26 pm

Kuliska02 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:23 pm
SMS2020 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:24 pm
To everyone who is waiting for a long time to get the replacement BRC ( Conversion from old EU BRC to new EUSS BRC). I read from the old posts that someone has sent a chaser email on the original consent email received from APAD and they received the decision letter in 2 days. I took a chance and did the same. Now i start to think its no more a chance and its actually doing something because i sent an email on the back of the APAD email asking about the status of my application. I received a standard reply that they are working on it on date basis and its delayed because of covid-19, etc, etc. However within 3 working days, i received the decision letter (today) stating that i will receive my card in 7 working days. So i guess the chaser email is working indeed. I have waited for a long time. Probably best is to wait for 2 months and if its taking more than 2 months then this email can be tried.
I submitted my application in mid Sep 2020 and did my biometrics in mid oct 2020. so its been more than 4 months since my application submission date. waiting for my BRC in post now.
After you send mail to apad when got standard reply?

Same day it couple of days later
I got a reply the very next day.

SMS2020
Newly Registered

Post by SMS2020 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:30 pm

Kuliska02 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:48 am
SMS2020 wrote:
Kuliska02 wrote:
SMS2020 wrote:

Thx, alot, when you receive your new card, after updating online login details, are you going to send your card to them again for verification or no, if you Share your experience will good for everybody, because some people says after I update my identity login details, I Need to send them back 😊
For verification, I only think they ask that if you change your name or age whatever thx alot again
Will Share my experience. However i am still waiting for my card to be delivered. its been 8 working days today without weekends since the decision email.

Kuliska02

Post by Kuliska02 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:55 pm

SMS2020 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:30 pm
Kuliska02 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:48 am
SMS2020 wrote:
Kuliska02 wrote:

Will Share my experience. However i am still waiting for my card to be delivered. its been 8 working days today without weekends since the decision email.
Thank you so much for reply, I don't know its so weird I didn't get any response from Apad 🙄

RuStYsOuL
Newly Registered

Post by RuStYsOuL » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:28 pm

I sent an email as well to find out why it's taking so long just to issue an updated brc but no reply so far. They shouldn't really have created a separate application process for brc particularly, for people who are already granted Settled status. Our applications for settled status have already been processed so, they shouldn't really be taking this long just to issue a card. I guess, they're literally making it as hard and complicated as they can for us. I will contact my local MP to see if they can help speed up the process a bit.

Anita2000
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belarus

Post by Anita2000 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:26 am

Form Submission: 13/11/2020
APAD Email to ask if I am ok to change EEA to EUS: - no email like this
Biometrics: 12/01/2020
APAD Email BRC is ready: 31/01/2021
Card Received: 05/02/2020

I have checked my status online and it is still attached to the old card. I am going to send my old card today and see if they are going to update this later.

Ballackmo
Mood:

Post by Ballackmo » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:47 am

Anita2000 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:26 am

I have checked my status online and it is still attached to the old card. I am going to send my old card today and see if they are going to update this later.

You did your biometric in January?

Cihangir
Turkey

Post by Cihangir » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:36 am

Anita2000 wrote:

You can update your details yourself.

Btw what courier they use for delivery? I also got e mail 31 jan not get card yet. Royal Mail visited today but no card.

Cihangir
Turkey

Post by Cihangir » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:43 pm

Card Received: 05/02/2021

Delivered with TNT(not Royal Mail) it is blue rather than pink

First visa topic then first residence card topic. Later we posted in EUSS topic. Now another step completed in this topic.
See you on citizenship topic soon.

Kuliska02

Post by Kuliska02 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:46 pm

Cihangir wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:43 pm
Card Received: 05/02/2021

Delivered with TNT(not Royal Mail) it is blue rather than pink

First visa topic then first residence card topic. Later we posted in EUSS topic. Now another step completed in this topic.
See you on citizenship topic soon.
Non English text removed by moderator
You applied after me and got it before me, I'm waiting long time 😅 i don't know why taking very long 🤔
Do you have settle or Pre settle brother

Anita2000
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belarus

Post by Anita2000 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:12 pm

Ballackmo wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:47 am
Anita2000 wrote:

You did your biometric in January?
Yes, in January. My old BRC will expire 15.02 maybe this is why it was quick or my application was submitted in November or just luck.

Anita2000
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belarus

Post by Anita2000 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:16 pm

Cihangir wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:36 am
Anita2000 wrote:

You can update your details yourself.

Btw what courier they use for delivery? I also got e mail 31 jan not get card yet. Royal Mail visited today but no card.
How can I update it myself? Can you advise please?

I did not realise who delivered but not a postman and he knew that it is BRC

loveforlove

Post by loveforlove » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:33 pm

Hello guys,

Could you please share how many years your replaced cards are valid for?
And how long are we allowed to stay abroad without losing settled status?
My old card is valid till 2027, is it worth replacing it now or when it expires?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience and thoughts.