ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Photo for work permit application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ch123

Photo for work permit application

Post by ch123 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:43 pm

Hi,

Did anyone else have trouble uploading their passport photo for work permit application? The djei states the following specification:

Minimum image size is - width 413 pixels (35mm) x height 531 pixels (45mm)
Maximum image size is - width 448 pixels (38mm) x height 590 pixels (50mm)
Image resolution range 240 dpi to 300 dpi.

I got a photo taken by a professional and got them to email me a digital copy with 35mm x 45mm standard passport photo. However, it still keeps getting rejected and I am unable to proceed with my application. Everytime I try uploading the picture, the system tells me the max width is 448 pixels. Is there a way to resize the picture while maintaining the pixels or how have people gone about it?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Photo for work permit application

Post by littlerr » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:07 am

Just open Paint and do a resize...
If you are unable to do that, simply ask the professional to give you a new picture with the width less than 448px.

ch123

Post by ch123 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:43 am

Just tried doing that. Whenever I resize it yo 448 pixels and try to upload it, the system says min image dpi is 240. I guess resizing decreases resolution?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:48 am

This is more of an IT question rather than an immigration question.

If shrinking an image to 448x590px reduces the dpi to less than 240, it can mean that the original picture is way too unclear, or the shrink mechanism is not right. 240dpi is already quite a low quality.

There are loads of online image resizers. Many have the ability to change size while maintaining quality. I’d say you just give the requirements to the professional. They should know better about a standard two-inch photo.