ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rabs

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Rabs » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:49 pm

Hello,

Please is there any one from Havering Council? The Registrar isn't responding as she used to. She emailed me on Tuesday that there are 25 people ahead of me on the ceremony waiting list. Wondering whether someone has recently had it or about to?

Thanks

Sufian_Fares
Newly Registered
Jordan

Post by Sufian_Fares » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:23 pm

My invitation letter finally arrived yesterday, on the last day of the 12th week after approval!

Application date: 15/04/20.
Approval date: 16/11/20.
Date printed on letter: 25/01/21.
Date letter received by post: 05/02/21.

My ceremony is with Haringey council. I requested one yesterday for Friday 12/02 through their online ceremony booking tool, and will follow up with a phone call on Monday to confirm the date. They do virtual ceremonies through MS teams according to their website (Fridays only).

Thanks for everyone’s input on this thread, it really has helped a lot. Wishing you luck with your applications 👍🏼

shahzy970
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by shahzy970 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:45 pm

Yazzz95 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:10 am
shahzy970 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:14 pm
shahzy970 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:48 pm
Yazzz95 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:50 pm
Hi,

I have got this response from newham registrar office today.

" We will be resuming some virtual and in person individual citizenship ceremonies in February and will try to rebook all ceremonies in the date of cancellations. "
Hi Yazz,

Did you hear anything back from the council again? my appointment was cancelled as well and they've asked me book online again but when I try to book an appointment it says no appointments available.

Thanks
Hi Shahzy,

I am still waiting for any update.
Have you got any update ?
Please let me know.
Thanks
Hi Yazz,

Nothing so far! looks like we have to wait until the end of Feb. I think I won't bother anymore with Newham! just wait until the end of the month and contact them again.

Thanks

Qurjib
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Qurjib » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:05 pm

Today I sent email to NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk and got an automatic reply.
One of the most important bit in that email is:
However, we can confirm that we have just completed the processing of certificates and ceremony invitations for applications that were approved on and before the 15 November 2020 and have now commenced processing those for applications approved on 16 November 2020. Ceremony invites are sent by 2nd class post and can take up to 10 working days to be delivered.
Posting here in case this information is useful to someone on this forum.

Ssissi
Newly Registered
France

Post by Ssissi » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:19 pm

Qurjib wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:05 pm
Today I sent email to NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk and got an automatic reply.
One of the most important bit in that email is:
However, we can confirm that we have just completed the processing of certificates and ceremony invitations for applications that were approved on and before the 15 November 2020 and have now commenced processing those for applications approved on 16 November 2020. Ceremony invites are sent by 2nd class post and can take up to 10 working days to be delivered.
Posting here in case this information is useful to someone on this forum.
Hi everyone I've sent an email last week to NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk and I received a response this morning telling me that your certificate has been dispatched on 5th of February and it's take 10 to 14 working days to be delivered, at list such a good news
Ps: date of approval is 11 November 2020

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:57 pm

shahkb wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:54 pm
shahkb wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:52 pm
Kindsoul wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:30 pm
Hello everyone,
Today I got the call from my local council that they have received my naturalization certificate. Here are my timelines:
Application date: 1 Sep 2020
Approval: 18 Nov 2020 (email)
Virtual ceremony : 10 Feb 2021

Many many thanks to each member of this board. You all have been very helpful throughout our whole journey. Best wishes to everyone who are waiting for their decisions 🙏
My applications was approved on 23rd September. Been calling local council last 2 Fridays (including today). No certificate unfortunately.

Just trying to understand whats holding them ?? Any idea ??
(Correction)

Approved on 23rd November.
You probably will receive it this month
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:04 am

I have got ceremony invitation letter around 17th of Jan 2021 and date on letter was 23rd of Dec 2020.
My application was made on 14th Aug 2020 and naturalisation approval email came on 16th October 2020.

I called my My local council of sutton but they said they are not doing ceremonies. Is there any way I can apply for a near by council like Merton as they are doing ceremonies?

Omyousif
Sudan

Post by Omyousif » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:29 am

Hello everyone
Any one from Cardiff who approved in November got their invitation letter?
Thanks in advance

russn
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by russn » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:56 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:12 pm
Ealing Council

Finally booked for me private ceremony after 2 weeks . that is 2 months after invitation letter date and 5 months after approval

It’s free
Ealing Council

I just checked my post box yesterday and I got a letter from Ealing Council asking me to write to them... Wondering if you also got a letter and then they booked you in. Would you mind sharing the date of your ceremony ? Just want to know what to expect. Thanks !

russn
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by russn » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:59 am

alisattar09 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:04 am
I have got ceremony invitation letter around 17th of Jan 2021 and date on letter was 23rd of Dec 2020.
My application was made on 14th Aug 2020 and naturalisation approval email came on 16th October 2020.

I called my My local council of sutton but they said they are not doing ceremonies. Is there any way I can apply for a near by council like Merton as they are doing ceremonies?
I don't believe that is possible and a lot of people (incl me) are in similar situations as well. You can write to the Home Office to change your preferred council but your certificate will then have to be sent back from Sutton to HO then again to your new preferred council - this can take more time and potentially create more issues...

PhantomPermit
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by PhantomPermit » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:31 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:57 pm
shahkb wrote:
shahkb wrote:
Kindsoul wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:30 pm
Hello everyone,
Today I got the call from my local council that they have received my naturalization certificate. Here are my timelines:
Application date: 1 Sep 2020
Approval: 18 Nov 2020 (email)
Virtual ceremony : 10 Feb 2021

Many many thanks to each member of this board. You all have been very helpful throughout our whole journey. Best wishes to everyone who are waiting for their decisions 🙏
My applications was approved on 23rd September. Been calling local council last 2 Fridays (including today). No certificate unfortunately.

(Correction)

no guarantees
i am still awaiting mine I was approved 15th October

Kindsoul

Post by Kindsoul » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:41 pm

PhantomPermit wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:31 pm
askmeplz82 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:57 pm
shahkb wrote:
shahkb wrote:

(Correction)

no guarantees
i am still awaiting mine I was approved 15th October

Unfortunately, I have to cancel my virtual oath ceremony. I did not receive my invitation letter but my local council has received my naturalization certificate. I have emailed to home office numerous times to send my invitation letter via email before my oath ceremony but did not get any response from them. I can only wait till tomorrow otherwise I have to cancel my oath ceremony.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:18 pm

Gard wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:36 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:12 am
Gard wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:51 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:36 pm

Hi syed. That is amazing news. Really happy for you. Hopefully they will send the certificates on time. Did they say that they will be sending them on Thursday?
Hello jasmin. Thank you so much. Yes the person told us specifically that our certificate will arrive on friday with special delivery. I think you will get tomorrow. So after receiving the certificate we have to cut off the Biomatric card and send it to home office. I will apply for the passport straightway.
Hi syed. Can you please let me know when you get thr certificate. I have not received anything. :(
Hello jasmin, I haven't received yet. I will let you know when I receive that.
Got another email from council saying you will have the certificate by the end of the week. This is an absolute joke. How can they take 10 days to deliver a certificate within the same city. When they say please be patient i think the don’t realise how long we have been waiting and have been patient and the emotional strain of this draining process that we have had to go through

myukqueries

Post by myukqueries » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:59 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:18 pm
Gard wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:
Gard wrote:

Hello jasmin. Thank you so much. Yes the person told us specifically that our certificate will arrive on friday with special delivery. I think you will get tomorrow. So after receiving the certificate we have to cut off the Biomatric card and send it to home office. I will apply for the passport straightway.
Hi syed. Can you please let me know when you get thr certificate. I have not received anything. :(
Got another email from council saying you will have the certificate by the end of the week. This is an absolute joke. How can they take 10 days to deliver a certificate within the same city. When they say please be patient i think the don’t realise how long we have been waiting and have been patient and the emotional strain of this draining process that we have had to go through
It really is a joke.
Why cant we collect in person to just speed up this process? Some of the other councils are doing it. Why not Manchester?

Its things like these which create backlogs, delays and unnecessary inefficiencies across the whole process!!!

My ceremony was on the 1st Feb and still waiting for the certificate to be delivered....

Sab172
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Sab172 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:53 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Gard wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:
Gard wrote:

Hi I had my ceremony this morning and they did mention that last weeks certificates were delayed and will hopefully be posted today. It was an issue with their franking machine that has caused the delay. When did you get the email?

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:48 pm

Sab172 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:53 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Gard wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:

Hi I had my ceremony this morning and they did mention that last weeks certificates were delayed and will hopefully be posted today. It was an issue with their franking machine that has caused the delay. When did you get the email?
They emailed me around 2pm. Finger crossed they have posted it today.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:49 pm

myukqueries wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:59 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Gard wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:

It really is a joke.
Why cant we collect in person to just speed up this process? Some of the other councils are doing it. Why not Manchester?

Its things like these which create backlogs, delays and unnecessary inefficiencies across the whole process!!!

My ceremony was on the 1st Feb and still waiting for the certificate to be delivered....
Exactly. This wait seems like it is never ending.

Gard
Newly Registered

Post by Gard » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:24 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Gard wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:
Gard wrote:

Did you email them? This is shame jasmine. We can't do anything but wait. It's hard to wait for the certificate after finishing everything. 😭 I live one mile away from the city centre and still have to wait 10 days.🤭

Zeeri24
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Zeeri24 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:12 am

Hi everyone has anybody received the invitation letter if you got your approval last week of November. I got my approval in last week of November still no invitation letter. Redbridge Council. Please let me know if you have received invitation letter thank you

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:28 am

russn wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:56 am
askmeplz82 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:12 pm
Ealing Council

Finally booked for me private ceremony after 2 weeks . that is 2 months after invitation letter date and 5 months after approval

It’s free
Ealing Council

I just checked my post box yesterday and I got a letter from Ealing Council asking me to write to them... Wondering if you also got a letter and then they booked you in. Would you mind sharing the date of your ceremony ? Just want to know what to expect. Thanks !
Yea if you write to them. They will reply with a date. You can then either select that date or ask for another date

They booked me earliest available 12.02.2021
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Desmond123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Desmond123 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:43 am

jasmine89 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:49 pm
myukqueries wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:
Gard wrote:

It really is a joke.

I received my Citizenship Certificate this morning from Manchester City Council. Thanks to Almighty God. Over to passport tread. Wish everyone best of luck.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:16 am

Desmond123 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:43 am
jasmine89 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:49 pm
myukqueries wrote:
jasmine89 wrote:

It really is a joke.

I received my Citizenship Certificate this morning from Manchester City Council. Thanks to Almighty God. Over to passport tread. Wish everyone best of luck.
Amazing news. So it seems like they have posted them then. Did you have to sign for the post?

Kindsoul

Post by Kindsoul » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:46 am

Hi everyone, I have emailed to the home office numerous times to send my invitation letter via email or by post as my local council has received my naturalization certificate. But they are not giving me any reply. Now I have to cancel my citizenship ceremony which is tomorrow.

It is really frustrating now. Can anyone please help me in this matter 🙏

yezi0432
Newly Registered
China

Post by yezi0432 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:51 am

Sufian_Fares wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:05 am
PhantomPermit wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:01 pm
15th October still waiting or ceremony invitation. Contacted many times got standard replies that it has been dispatched.

anyone else waiting October?
Cambridge city council?
PhantomPermit - have you asked them to dispatch another letter? If they did send it out like they claim, then I imagine that It would have been lost by now.
I am worried that my invitation letter is lost as well. I was approved on November 3rd(applied in March 2020). If they did send out Nov 3rd by Jan 19th, probably lost by Royal Mail. My local council Lewisham is NOT doing any ceremonies - the nightmare of dealing with British bureaucracy!

Bengomango
Mood:

Post by Bengomango » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:54 am

hi guys ,,, please if anybody here with nottingham county council let me know if there are any updates about ceremonies ? they told me there will be virtual soon ?