ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

90 days period and COVID19 pandemic

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jafersadeq

90 days period and COVID19 pandemic

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:51 pm

Dear Gurus,
I travelled to my home country in Dec 2020 and I already planned to go back the UK on 4th Jan 2021, and due to COVID pandemic and the current lockdown I cannot go back the UK, it may be resolved in Feb 2021.
If I apply in Feb 2021 when I am in the UK, the period will be 115 days, it exceeded the 90 or 100 days... What shall I do?
Please advise

Regards

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: 90 days period and COVID19 pandemic

Post by mesn » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:08 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:51 pm
Dear Gurus,
I travelled to my home country in Dec 2020 and I already planned to go back the UK on 4th Jan 2021, and due to COVID pandemic and the current lockdown I cannot go back the UK, it may be resolved in Feb 2021.
If I apply in Feb 2021 when I am in the UK, the period will be 115 days, it exceeded the 90 or 100 days... What shall I do?
Please advise

Regards
UK borders area open. Why are you not able to travel? Do collect proofs of your inability to travel - Flight ticket cancellations/Government order etc. During covid times, HO should be accommodating genuine cases.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:13 pm

Dear Friend,

Our Government closed the airports in my home country.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:11 pm

Page 16,17

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 7.0ext.pdf

Note: HO is very strict with the absences in the last 1 year. You will have to fulfil other requirements as stated in the above link to override that.

BC is discretionary - it is a privilege not a right. You flew during a pandemic so you knew what you are calling for.

It is hard to justify and personally I would not risk it. You should wait and apply only when you meet the 5 years (or 3 years if you are married to a BC) AND 90 days absence limits.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:29 pm

Dear Gurus,

I am in the UK, I want to apply on 19-2-2021, my children under 18 are abroad.
Can I apply alone and I apply for them when they come back the UK after my application date?

Can I travel on 20-2-2021 after my application date and return to the UK on my appointment date.

I gave my fingerprints and a picture last year in Feb 2020, will I use IDV or attend an appointment.

Please advise

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:46 pm

Everyone qualifies for Nationality on their own merits. There is no requirement to apply for your children when you apply for your own application.

As long you meet the AN requirements yes you can apply. You are free to travel after application date. Note you have to submit biometrics also within 2 months. You can travel before or after biometrics up to you.

You can travel before you attend the ceremony.

You will not be able to travel on your ILR BRP after you become British. You have to return your ILR BRP within 5 days after ceremony as it is invalid then and you can be fined up to £1000 otherwise.

You become British Citizen when you attend the ceremony and can enter UK only on a British Passport.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:38 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:46 pm
Everyone qualifies for Nationality on their own merits. There is no requirement to apply for your children when you apply for your own application.

As long you meet the AN requirements yes you can apply. You are free to travel after application date. Note you have to submit biometrics also within 2 months. You can travel before or after biometrics up to you.

You will not be able to travel on your ILR BRP after you become British. You have to return your ILR BRP within 5 days after ceremony as it is invalid then and you can be fined up to £1000 otherwise.

You become British Citizen when you attend the ceremony and can enter UK only on a British Passport.
Many thanks for your answer,

I have a passport (St Kitts and Nevis), I can enter with a 6 months visa at the airport if my ILR card becomes invalid when I become British.
Can I use that passport when I want to enter the UK.

magicsign
Italy

Post by magicsign » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:59 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:11 pm
Page 16,17

Note: HO is very strict with the absences in the last 1 year. You will have to fulfil other requirements as stated in the above link to override that.

BC is discretionary - it is a privilege not a right. You flew during a pandemic so you knew what you are calling for.

It is hard to justify and personally I would not risk it. You should wait and apply only when you meet the 5 years (or 3 years if you are married to a BC) AND 90 days absence limits.
Good that you wrote in your signature "personal opinion" because it's exactly what it is. Do you have any official evidence to write "HO is very strict with absences in the last 1 year" ? Up to 100 days are disregarded, see

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ber_20.pdf
Total number of absences normally disregarded 100 days

Also from 101 - 179 are disregarded if :

Total number of absences normally disregarded only if all other
requirements are met and
• you have demonstrated links with the UK through presence of family,
and established home and a substantial part of your estate.

There are also compassionate reasons, pandemic included :

the absence is justified by Crown service or by compelling occupational or
compassionate reasons, including inability to travel because of a global
pandemic

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:17 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:38 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:46 pm

Many thanks for your answer,

I have a passport (St Kitts and Nevis), I can enter with a 6 months visa at the airport if my ILR card becomes invalid when I become British.
Can I use that passport when I want to enter the UK.
You only become British when you attend the ceremony. To attend the ceremony, you must be in UK. Once you attend the ceremony, your ILR BRP will be invalid and you will have to apply for a British Passport.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:16 pm

Dear Gurus,
My son 22 years travelled to Northern Ireland two moths ago, he has ILR.
Can he apply for Br. citizenship there? or he has to come back London and apply from London.

Regards

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:27 am

jafersadeq wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:16 pm
Dear Gurus,
My son 22 years travelled to Northern Ireland two moths ago, he has ILR.
Can he apply for Br. citizenship there? or he has to come back London and apply from London.

Regards
Any answer please?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:49 am

Northern Ireland is part of the UK so yes he can apply from there, if he satisfies all the requirements for naturalisation.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:34 pm

Dear Gurus,

When I apply on 20-02-2021, is IDV available, or I have to give my fingerprint and photo with the appointment? shall I book an appointment for that?
I gave my fingerprint last year.

Please advise
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:42 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:34 pm
Dear Gurus,

When I apply on 20-02-2021, is IDV available, or I have to give my fingerprint and photo with the appointment? shall I book an appointment for that?
I gave my fingerprint last year.

Please advise
Regards
IDV is no longer available except for tier 4 student visa applications. This has been the case since mid September already.

You will need to make a biomterics appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:12 am

Dear CR001,
Many thanks for your answer.

Is it mandatory that my kids under 18 to be in the UK when they apply with me for British citizenship, I am in the UK but my kids are abroad now, the have ILR.

Please advise

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:31 am

If they are not UK born, then they are required to apply and be in the UK and to enroll biomterics and be present for identity check.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:39 am

Dear CR001,
Is the child under 18 (born abroad) required to be outside the UK maximum 90 days in the last year before naturalization application and after 1 year of ILR.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:10 am

jafersadeq wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:39 am
Dear CR001,
Is the child under 18 (born abroad) required to be outside the UK maximum 90 days in the last year before naturalization application and after 1 year of ILR.
Thanks
Child born abroad has no absence limits for MN1 and can apply when either parent is applying and the other parent and the child holds ilr
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:20 pm

Dear CR001,

Can our dentist (Who works with NHS) be my kids' referee?
He has Sweden passport and he lives in the UK.

Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:23 pm

Yes

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:37 pm

Dear Gurus,
I am working on the application form, I checked the draft and I found the text below:
As a required document:
(A letter of consent from Mr xxx's parent(s) or legal guardian(s)
The letter must:
give their full names and addresses
say that they agree to let you apply for a British citizenship
If you have more than one parent or legal guardian, they must both sign the letter and confirm that they agree to what it says. If you only have one parent or legal guardian they must explain why the other parent is unable to consent e.g. whereabouts unknown, no contact since MM/YYYY. )

What is that letter? Is there a sample ?
Please advise
Best Regards

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:58 am

Any comment please

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:22 am

This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.