ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Place of Birth.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Captainf
Afghanistan

Changing Place of Birth.

Post by Captainf » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:16 am

Hello members. I would like to know if it's possible to change place of birth with documentry evidence from country of origin on one's Naturalization Cert ?
I would appreciate response from members who had already went through this process.
2. What would be the possible outcome if someone contact Citizenship Division of this change.
Thank you.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Changing Place of Birth.

Post by Vorona » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:58 am

Country of birth is recorded as per your birth certificate and your statement on the application form.
If you were in fact born in a completely different country, it will mean that you have made a false statement or used false instrument. Consequences for such actions are clearly explained on the application form.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:19 am

If it's the same place/country, but the name have since changed, your certificate will not be amended. You should have given them correct name in the first place or obtained a new birth certificate showing correct place of birth. They will be able to change the details on the certificate if the mistake was made by the Department.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:24 am

I have actually seen a number of people coming from Afghanistan asking the same question, both from this forum and in my friend’s firm. Not sure if this is a thing there?

The short answer is no. You have only 1 country of birth, as recorded in your birth certificate. If you intentionally concealed the correct information, you are committing a fraud and your citizenship will be stripped.

Captainf
Afghanistan

Post by Captainf » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:41 pm

Vorona wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:19 am
If it's the same place/country, but the name have since changed, your certificate will not be amended. You should have given them correct name in the first place or obtained a new birth certificate showing correct place of birth. They will be able to change the details on the certificate if the mistake was made by the Department.
Actually we live on the bordering areas between Afg and Pak it's called Durand Line, unofficial border between the 2 countries and it's disputed.
Since 2016, Pak started building a fence on it and it's about to be completed, my village now falls between the two sides. I have already corrected it on my birth cert and now national passport as well.
Therefore wanted to change it here if possible.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:52 pm

Captainf wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:41 pm
Actually we live on the bordering areas between Afg and Pak it's called Durand Line, unofficial border between the 2 countries and it's disputed.
Since 2016, Pak started building a fence on it and it's about to be completed, my village now falls between the two sides. I have already corrected it on my birth cert and now national passport as well.
Please refer to the names of the countries properly.
Have some self-respect. There are no such countries as Afg of Pak.

If you have provided one place and country of birth on your application while in fact it's a different place then you have made a false declaration. You must refer to the name as recognised by the government of your country of birth. If you're unsure about it, contact the Department and explain the situation. Better let them know before they find out sooner or later.

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:28 am

Vorona wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:52 pm
Captainf wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:41 pm
Please refer to the names of the countries properly.
Have some self-respect. There are no such countries as Afg of Pak.

If you have provided one place and country of birth on your application while in fact it's a different place then you have made a false declaration. You must refer to the name as recognised by the government of your country of birth. If you're unsure about it, contact the Department and explain the situation. Better let them know before they find out sooner or later.
I had the strange explanation form NDLS and INIS officials on such basis. In short, they both say that you place of birth in the actual issued documents must be clearly located on the actual world map and should not be some historical name. This actually was confuse me a lot, but what we can do with such official view...

BR