ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

HOPE_8000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

spouse visa extension

Post by HOPE_8000 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:18 pm

Dear All,

I want some urgent suggestion from some senior member as my spouse visa going to end on February 2021.
Currently I am in Pakistan with my family. My husband lost his job in uk due to corona last year in sept. Me came back tp pakistan on may 2020 as my father condition going worse due to corona and I was only person to look after my mother and father. But unfortunately i also got corona and i could not go back to UK due to my prolonged poor health condition. parallel my husband also lost his job and he retuned to us in Pakistan on oct 2020 as we were living on rent in uk and without job he could not pull that rented house. He also came back to us to my parents home.
We planned to go back to UK before my visa expires but it seems very difficult due to severe corona conditions at uk as we have two little sons and we cant risk to travel in such conditions.
My question is can I apply my extension from Pakistan as in such circumstances me nd my family cant travel in such circumstances. Kindly suggest

secret.simon

Re: spouse visa extension

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:24 pm

You can't apply for an extension from abroad.
FLR(M) applicant's guidance notes wrote:(Page 2)
You and any children under 18 applying with you must be in the UK to apply.
Also, even if you were in the UK, your application for FLR(M) would have been refused and you would have been put on the FLR(FP) 10 years to ILR path if your British/settled spouse did not earn £18,600 in the year preceding the application.

If your current visa expires abroad before an extension application is made in the UK, your British/settled spouse will need to demonstrate a salary of £18,600 again and your entire immigration journey will start from scratch and you will be able to apply for ILR only after five years from the date of your new application from abroad.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

HOPE_8000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by HOPE_8000 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:13 pm

Thanks a lot for your guidance.
Kindly go throw the following website I searched today.
immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... l#p1986284

HOPE_8000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by HOPE_8000 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:16 pm

sorry ignore the above website kindly go throw this and guide me plz.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/coronavirus/

HOPE_8000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by HOPE_8000 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:57 am

secret.simon wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:24 pm
You can't apply for an extension from abroad.
FLR(M) applicant's guidance notes wrote:(Page 2)
You and any children under 18 applying with you must be in the UK to apply.
Also, even if you were in the UK, your application for FLR(M) would have been refused and you would have been put on the FLR(FP) 10 years to ILR path if your British/settled spouse did not earn £18,600 in the year preceding the application.

If your current visa expires abroad before an extension application is made in the UK, your British/settled spouse will need to demonstrate a salary of £18,600 again and your entire immigration journey will start from scratch and you will be able to apply for ILR only after five years from the date of your new application from abroad.
Thanks for reply.
can you plz tell me whether if can i travel to UK on resident replacement visa if my spouse visa expires.
Plz suggest

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:03 am

can you plz tell me whether if can i travel to UK on resident replacement visa if my spouse visa expires.
No, there is no such thing for you. If your visa expires, you can't return to the UK unless you make a new entry clearance spouse visa application and meet all the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:30 am

There is a concession. But it’s for people who
left the UK with valid leave before 17 March 2020 ...
Moreover, as others have commented, being back in the UK may not help you to extend, if you don’t meet the requirements?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:40 am

The alternative to £18,600 income per year is £62,500 savings.

I think you will need to get back here asap, prove you have suitable accommodation and meet financial criteria.

From what you have said, I'm afraid it looks like you won't be in a position to do this in time, perhaps your husband should go back and then make a fresh application when he gets the income and everything sorted out. You'll start again as mentioned, but 7.5 years is less than going onto the 10 year route?

HOPE_8000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Visit Visa for 10 years

Post by HOPE_8000 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:25 am

Dear All,

In march my spouse visa got expired, and I could not able to extend it as I told in my last thread.
My children's are British but currently studying here in Pakistan with me and my husband is British as well.
I need to go with my children's usually to visit UK for holidays almost every year.
Now can I apply for 10 years long visit visa. As somebody tell me that, I am not eligible for visit visa now.
It seems ridiculous that mother of british childeren is not granted visit visa.
I have to deposit huge amount for this visa, thats why i am worried that it do not gone be waste, if my visa gets rejected.
Kindly advice should I go and apply for 10 years visit visa and deposit fee.

Regards

HOPE_8000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: visit visa

Post by HOPE_8000 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:32 am

Dear All,

In march my spouse visa got expired, and I could not able to extend it as I told in my last thread.
My children's are British but currently studying here in Pakistan with me and my husband is British as well.
I need to go with my children's usually to visit UK for holidays almost every year.
Now can I apply for 10 years long visit visa. As somebody tell me that, I am not eligible for visit visa now.
It seems ridiculous that mother of british childeren is not granted visit visa.
I have to deposit huge amount for this visa, thats why i am worried that it do not gone be waste, if my visa gets rejected.
Kindly advice should I go and apply for 10 years visit visa and deposit fee.