ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Global Talent Stage 2

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bob2021
Newly Registered

Global Talent Stage 2

Post by Bob2021 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:59 am

Hi All,

I am in a process of applying for Global Talent stage 2 (switching from Tier 2 ICT – Global Talent).

I understand that main applicant can apply for ILR after 3 years and dependents after 5 years (if meeting the requirements)

I would appreciate a response on my below two questions please.

1) Will it be fine if the Main applicant applies for 3 years Global Talent visa and dependent apply for 5 years initially ? Or should the visa duration for the main applicant and dependent be the same ?

2) After 3 years if the Main applicant applies for ILR then can dependent continue on the same Global Talent dependent visa or they need to change it to ILR dependent ?

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Global Talent Stage 2

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:26 pm

1. It will be the same visa duration for everyone applying. A PBS dependent cannot have a visa granted that exceeds the validity of the main visa holder

2. They can extend their PBS dependent visas if you get ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bob2021
Newly Registered

Post by Bob2021 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:20 pm

Thanks for your prompt response.

Now I understand that visa duration should be the same for all.

If we all apply for a 5 year visa now and later after 3 years, I (main applicant) apply for ILR then can my dependents continue on the same visa until 5th year or they need to change to ILR dependent visa, the moment I get the ILR ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:35 pm

They continue in their gtv dependent visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.