ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport- Newport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

najam1
Newly Registered

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by najam1 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:17 am

Hi All,

I'm really worried now that why my application is taking so long. I submitted it online on 9th January 2021 and received acknowledgement from HMPO on 15th Jan 2021 that they've received my documents.

On 27th Jan 2021, its status updated to 'Application being processed' and not been changed since. The address I gave in the application I'm no longer moving there hence rang HMPO yesterday (10/01/2021) who advised to send them in writing with these changes. I posted them that letter yesterday.

My worry starts when i compare my timeline with others on the following thread: british-citizenship/british-passport-ap ... -7620.html

most of the applicants are getting approval in 1-3 days once their application is picked up for processing. in my case however, it hasn't been changed in last 15 days. I had an urgent travel plan which i have to put on hold because of this which is in addition to stress and anxiety it cause.

Is there anyway i can expediate my application and can get better understanding of whats is going on? :cry:

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:47 am

Hi all,

I sent my documents to Peterborough passport office cia special delivery.

I was just checking the tracking it says delivered at 5am?

Does that sound right? I have never heard royal mail deliver this early and who would have collected at that time. Panicking a little. I hope they delivered to the right place. Signature says signed for by:passports

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:05 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:47 am
Hi all,

Does that sound right? I have never heard royal mail deliver this early and who would have collected at that time. Panicking a little. I hope they delivered to the right place. Signature says signed for by:passports
RM does not deliver to HMPO directly. RM delivers to the local depot where HMPO has arrangements with. HMPO picks up applications from there in bulk. Your item will be delivered at the local depot that is the last destination which is normal. You will get a notification for documents received by HMPO in 1-4 working days after RM delivered. Nothing to worry.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:07 pm

najam1 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:17 am
Hi All,

I'm really worried now that why my application is taking so long. I submitted it online on 9th January 2021 and received acknowledgement from HMPO on 15th Jan 2021 that they've received my documents.

On 27th Jan 2021, its status updated to 'Application being processed' and not been changed since. The address I gave in the application I'm no longer moving there hence rang HMPO yesterday (10/01/2021) who advised to send them in writing with these changes. I posted them that letter yesterday.

My worry starts when i compare my timeline with others on the following thread: british-citizenship/british-passport-ap ... -7620.html

most of the applicants are getting approval in 1-3 days once their application is picked up for processing. in my case however, it hasn't been changed in last 15 days. I had an urgent travel plan which i have to put on hold because of this which is in addition to stress and anxiety it cause.

Is there anyway i can expediate my application and can get better understanding of whats is going on? :cry:
Read the previous messages from user @skasyap. Member was in a similar situation and made an official complaint. It was sorted the next day then.
However note, anyone can be called for an interview also to confirm identity. This may delay things if that will be the case.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:05 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:47 am
Hi all,

RM does not deliver to HMPO directly. RM delivers to the local depot where HMPO has arrangements with. HMPO picks up applications from there in bulk. Your item will be delivered at the local depot that is the last destination which is normal. You will get a notification for documents received by HMPO in 1-4 working days after RM delivered. Nothing to worry.
Phew. That is such a relief to know. Thank you soo soo much for your guidance. 🙏

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:03 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:20 pm
In my personal experience, Peterborough is one of the most efficient HMPO. You should get your passport sooner hopefully.

wegetthejobdone
Italy

Post by wegetthejobdone » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:12 pm

I've sent the supporting documentation by Royal Mail Special Delivery. It was collected from my home in London 2 days ago.

Unfortunately the Royal Mail tracking shows nothing more than "Item collected". No other sign of it being scanned as it goes through the network. I am massively concerned it may have got lost already.

Any experiences as far as Royal Mail tracking is concerned? I called Royal Mail twice and I got two different answers already.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:12 pm

Can you select which HMPO should process your application ? If you are living in LONDON for example
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:13 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:12 pm
Can you select which HMPO should process your application ? If you are living in LONDON for example
No

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:13 pm

wegetthejobdone wrote:
I've sent the supporting documentation by Royal Mail Special Delivery. It was collected from my home in London 2 days ago.

Unfortunately the Royal Mail tracking shows nothing more than "Item collected". No other sign of it being scanned as it goes through the network. I am massively concerned it may have got lost already.

Any experiences as far as Royal Mail tracking is concerned? I called Royal Mail twice and I got two different answers already.
How was it collected from your home? You used a self print label?

wegetthejobdone
Italy

Post by wegetthejobdone » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:17 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:13 pm
wegetthejobdone wrote:

Yes. I paid for Special Delivery and for collection. The postman collected it on the 9th, which the tracking correctly shows (twice in the space of 5 minutes). But beyond that, not other scans.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:18 pm

wegetthejobdone wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:17 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
wegetthejobdone wrote:

Yes. I paid for Special Delivery and for collection. The postman collected it on the 9th, which the tracking correctly shows (twice in the space of 5 minutes). But beyond that, not other scans.
What is the HMPO location?

wegetthejobdone
Italy

Post by wegetthejobdone » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:21 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:18 pm
wegetthejobdone wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:17 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
wegetthejobdone wrote:

What is the HMPO location?
Newport

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:29 pm

With Special Delivery you only get a second scan when your item reaches the RM Mail Centre where it is dispatched from further on for example Jubilee MC.

If it was collected on 9th, most likely it went out on 10th and would have delivered today but RM delayed your item.
My documents were delayed by RM for 1 day also. I called RM customer care and they sent me the SD money back in cheque.

I understand your worry about documents being lost. But worry not, SD is pretty secure. I hope and think there will be some movement on your scans by today and will be delivered tomorrow. It is clearly delayed by RM.

You can call RM and make a complaint to get your money back.
You will just have to be positive for now. Nothing more you can do.

wegetthejobdone
Italy

Post by wegetthejobdone » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:42 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:29 pm
With Special Delivery you only get a second scan when your item reaches the RM Mail Centre where it is dispatched from further on for example Jubilee MC.

If it was collected on 9th, most likely it went out on 10th and would have delivered today but RM delayed your item.
My documents were delayed by RM for 1 day also. I called RM customer care and they sent me the SD money back in cheque.

I understand your worry about documents being lost. But worry not, SD is pretty secure. I hope and think there will be some movement on your scans by today and will be delivered tomorrow. It is clearly delayed by RM.

Oh well, let's hope. I am sure RM is badly affected by staffing issues in their MCs. It's already 48 hours since collection though, which is what is worrying me.

As you said, nothing I can do at this stage. I will definitely claim the money back, but I'd rather wait until it's (hopefully) delivered. That way you can request it online... I'd rather avoid a check :)

wegetthejobdone
Italy

Post by wegetthejobdone » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:19 pm

wegetthejobdone wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:42 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:29 pm

Oh well, let's hope. I am sure RM is badly affected by staffing issues in their MCs. It's already 48 hours since collection though, which is what is worrying me.

As you said, nothing I can do at this stage. I will definitely claim the money back, but I'd rather wait until it's (hopefully) delivered. That way you can request it online... I'd rather avoid a check :)
Very worried now. It’s over 48 hours and still not updates except for the collection.

If I lose the naturalisation certificate and the my EU passport it’s going to be a massive PITA...

wegetthejobdone
Italy

Post by wegetthejobdone » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:21 am

The plot thickens, as the tracking of my special delivery on the way to Newport says

“ Your item is due to leave London Central MC to go to Heathrow Worldwide DC. ”

This sounds wrong to me...

Amyx67
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Amyx67 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:21 am

Hello everyone, I hope you can help me today, so my application got received on 4th February By HMPO Liverpool and my documents got received on 9th February, it’s been 3 days now and the status of my application is still saying documents received not application is being processed, is this normal and also roughly when do you reckon I will receive my passport by

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:43 am

Amyx67 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:21 am
Hello everyone, I hope you can help me today, so my application got received on 4th February By HMPO Liverpool and my documents got received on 9th February, it’s been 3 days now and the status of my application is still saying documents received not application is being processed, is this normal and also roughly when do you reckon I will receive my passport by
If you will see my timeline, my application status was changed directly from documents received to application approved. I understand your worries as I was in the same situation, but I made an official complain after 3 weeks as they did not bother assigning my case to examiner.

I would say wait till next Friday and if nothing happens then just contact them on Liverpool@hmpo.gov.uk

Trust me every single email I sent to this email address, some human responded back to give me real update on my application. Don’t waste your time calling HMPO contact centre or via chat. They will simply ask you to wait for 6 weeks which is their timeline or May be longer because every case is different and blah blah !!

Good luck!!

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:48 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:07 pm
najam1 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:17 am
Hi All,

Read the previous messages from user @skasyap. Member was in a similar situation and made an official complaint. It was sorted the next day then.
However note, anyone can be called for an interview also to confirm identity. This may delay things if that will be the case.
CULLINAN is right, check my previous comment and should give you some assurance that you are not the only one, others had the same issue.

Which HMPO office, has your application went to ??
Mine went to Liverpool so I sent an email to Liverpool@hmpo.gov.uk asking for reasons why there is a delay. If your application went to other location simply change Liverpool to that location in the email.

I hope you will hear soon on your application. Goodluck

ocean7
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ocean7 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:03 pm

Hi Everyone,

I applied for British passport on 27th January, they have received my document on 2nd February and since then status of my application is same as we have received your documents. Do I need to contact them and ask them when will they process my application or should I wait?

Thanks

Regards,
Ocean

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:25 pm

ocean7 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:03 pm
Hi Everyone,

I applied for British passport on 27th January, they have received my document on 2nd February and since then status of my application is same as we have received your documents. Do I need to contact them and ask them when will they process my application or should I wait?

Thanks

Regards,
Ocean
It is entirely up to you whether you want to contact them or not. If you did ask chances are they will simply ask you to wait as 6 weeks are not over yet or you will get a response like this :
“Thank you for your enquiry regarding the progress of your passport application.
I can confirm that the application was received by Her Majesty's Passport Office and administered onto our system on xyz date. The application is currently awaiting examination.

The application will be processed through our checks and issued once this process has been completed. If any further information is required, the examiner dealing with the application will be in contact to advise you further”.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:59 pm

wegetthejobdone wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:21 am
The plot thickens, as the tracking of my special delivery on the way to Newport says

Are you sure you printed the correct label? Also, does your parcel has a return address? If not, best to contact RM customer care. Make a complaint plus give them your return address for the parcel (God forbid if needed). But the good news is that your package is still in the system if second scan was made. So it is not lost. It might be delivered onwards from Heathrow Depot I guess. Good luck.

wegetthejobdone
Italy

Post by wegetthejobdone » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:13 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:59 pm
wegetthejobdone wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:21 am

Are you sure you printed the correct label? Also, does your parcel has a return address? If not, best to contact RM customer care. Make a complaint plus give them your return address for the parcel (God forbid if needed). But the good news is that your package is still in the system if second scan was made. So it is not lost. It might be delivered onwards from Heathrow Depot I guess. Good luck.
I printed the label that I bought online, so the address was certainly correct. I have a copy of the label.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:06 pm

westminster1213 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:02 pm
Hi everyone, I received my passport on Tuesday from HMPO Liverpool but no update on the documents. Does anybody know what the waiting time for that might be and who is best to contact?

Many thanks,
Hello, did you get your documents back yet ?

This Tuesday 09th of Feb, I did receive my passport but on TNT, yet there is no update on documents. I will wait for another week if not will give them a ring but just wanted to find out if you have received your documents and when was it.
Thanks