ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application during the lockdown

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ovus
Newly Registered
India

Application during the lockdown

Post by ovus » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:33 am

Dear experts,

I am preparing my citizenship application and wanted to ask for your advice on a few questions. Both of my references are naturalised citizens (so weren't originally British), and I had acted as a professional referee recently (a month back) for one of their citizenship applications. I wanted to ask if:
1. Is it OK to have naturalised British citizens acting as our referees? (I didn't see anything on the website that says otherwise, but wanted to confirm)
2. Is it OK to have a referee for whom I had acted as a referee for their naturalisation application? (here too, I didn't see anything on the website that says otherwise)
3. Can my referees send their reference electronically rather than doing it by post? (digital signature)
4. Does my picture have to be clicked in a passport photo booth or can I click a mobile picture? (there are no photo booths or shops near me and I wanted to avoid going beyond my area)
5. Can I submit documents that are scanned using a mobile app or do I need to use a scanner ? (I don't own a scanner and my workplace is far away)
6. In the question on previous Immigration Applications, I don't remember the date my application was done, and the dates my fingerprints were taken and they go back to 2007 with around 10 applications made. Would it be sufficient to put down the reference number (BRP or Visa reference number) without the dates?
7. Also would the previous immigration applications need to go back to 2007 or just the last 5 years?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best wishes

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Application during the lockdown

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:44 am

1. YES - naturalised citizen is same as "native" citizen.
2. Yes.
3. No sure but they could scan a signed copy.
4. Should be ok - as one can use a mobile photo for British passport.
5. Yes - PDFs are preferred.
6. Yes - I believe dates are optional.
7. No - all applications
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ovus
Newly Registered
India

Post by ovus » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:55 am

Thank you for the quick response - as a follow up question to answer 7, I think I am missing the details for one visa that I had (for some reason I cannot locate a copy). I think for my ILR I had that visa detail missing too, but would it be Ok to submit without the visa detail?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:00 am

ovus wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:55 am
Thank you for the quick response - as a follow up question to answer 7, I think I am missing the details for one visa that I had (for some reason I cannot locate a copy). I think for my ILR I had that visa detail missing too, but would it be Ok to submit without the visa detail?
Dates and reference numbers are “if known” questions. You can clarify in the notes at the end of the AN form also if need be.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ovus
Newly Registered
India

Post by ovus » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:22 pm

Dear experts,

Thank you for your very helpful advice so far.

I currently do not have access to printing or scanning facilities and I need to send my referees their referee form. I will be clicking my passport photo from a phone and will send it to my referees together with the form by email. However, I am not sure how should I be sending the referee forms with the passport photo - should we paste the passport photo on the PDF using photoshop and ask them to sign there digitally (the form asks them to write my name and date of birth behind the photo)? Or must we have them printed out, signed and scanned? Due to lockdown, I cannot access any facilities for printing, scanning or clicking pp photographs so any advice would be very helpful.

Best wishes

ovus
Newly Registered
India

Post by ovus » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:05 pm

Hi all,

Please could you share some advice on this?

Thank you!
ovus wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:22 pm
Dear experts,

Thank you for your very helpful advice so far.

I currently do not have access to printing or scanning facilities and I need to send my referees their referee form. I will be clicking my passport photo from a phone and will send it to my referees together with the form by email. However, I am not sure how should I be sending the referee forms with the passport photo - should we paste the passport photo on the PDF using photoshop and ask them to sign there digitally (the form asks them to write my name and date of birth behind the photo)? Or must we have them printed out, signed and scanned? Due to lockdown, I cannot access any facilities for printing, scanning or clicking pp photographs so any advice would be very helpful.

Best wishes

katanayi
Mood:

Post by katanayi » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:39 pm

For passport photos check Sainsbury's/asda some other shops they might have self photobooths
about printing and scanning try to borrow from friends or buy one as they are not expensive, your application may not be refused for this but may be delayed. Check with your local libraries with printing and scanning facilities as most of the council libraries are open during the lockdown
I did in December went referee house got signed at the parking lot with proper precautions.

you no need to write the name and DOB back of the photo as you are submitting it online
This does not look like a big issue.