ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cure123

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Cure123 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:51 pm

Hi everyone, I applied in September and I made in person appointment. However I have received the email below, anyone can advise me if they know what does this means. Has anyone received such email and their decision wasn't delayed

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible.

This is because it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision.

We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

Yours sincerely

Managed Migration Support Team

Home Office

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:39 pm

Hi All

I have a biometric appointment in almost 3 weeks away, but just wondered if anyone is in the same situation. The appointment I booked is at an enhanced service point so it automatically has the document checking service included (didn’t book it for the extra service it’s the only one available at the time). When I tried to self-submit the documents on UKVCAS a few days ago, there was a notification message saying the documents won’t be submitted until they are checked, if you purchased a document checking service. I could still press the submit button so I pressed it anyway.

I also went to the document checking service information page on UKVCAS, it suggests:

Please note: We have introduced the option to submit your uploaded documents to UKVI before your appointment takes place. If you choose to submit your documents and you have purchased document checking, we will perform the document checking process before the submission.

To use this service you must upload your documents through our website at least 2 working days before your appointment date.

Does this mean the documents will be checked at the backstage and still get submitted before my appointment- the thing is, now I can’t tell if they are submitted or not. Don’t think the staff will let me know before my appointment.

@CULLINAN suggested patience at this stage - obviously patience didn’t last very long in me!

phetherweyt
Sudan

Post by phetherweyt » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:21 pm

Cure123 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:51 pm
Hi everyone, I applied in September and I made in person appointment. However I have received the email below, anyone can advise me if they know what does this means. Has anyone received such email and their decision wasn't delayed
Based on my experience, there's an automatic workflow that triggers this email based on the number of days (remaining or passed).

This means that you are now an official member of the "What is going on with my application club!"

This only thing you now know about your application is that you've officially passed the 5 month mark and you can now count the days till you're at 6 months and you have every right to contact them and ask for an update.

Cure123

Post by Cure123 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:12 pm

phetherweyt wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:21 pm
Cure123 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:51 pm
Based on my experience, there's an automatic workflow that triggers this email based on the number of days (remaining or passed).

This means that you are now an official member of the "What is going on with my application club!"

This only thing you now know about your application is that you've officially passed the 5 month mark and you can now count the days till you're at 6 months and you have every right to contact them and ask for an update.
Many thanks for your reply phetherweyt. Did you get a decision if you don't mind me asking and when did you apply.

Thank you very much

phetherweyt
Sudan

Post by phetherweyt » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:54 pm

Cure123 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:12 pm

Many thanks for your reply phetherweyt. Did you get a decision if you don't mind me asking and when did you apply.

Thank you very much
I applied on the 11th of August, received a response on the 12th and did my biometrics on the 14th of September.

Still waiting on a decision.

phetherweyt
Sudan

Post by phetherweyt » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:23 pm

So I just checked and I'm now past the 6 month mark.
I contacted the home office number and they were told they cannot provide an update on applications and to just file a complaint.

He said I should email complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk

I also found out that it's exactly the same as this:

https://www.ukvi-complaints.homeoffice.gov.uk/reason

It can take up 20 working days to get a response so that's another month to your 6 months.

Cure123

Post by Cure123 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:20 pm

phetherweyt wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:23 pm
So I just checked and I'm now past the 6 month mark.
I contacted the home office number and they were told they cannot provide an update on applications and to just file a complaint.

He said I should email complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk

I also found out that it's exactly the same as this:

https://www.ukvi-complaints.homeoffice.gov.uk/reason

It can take up 20 working days to get a response so that's another month to your 6 months.
Thank you for sharing this with us, please keep us posted.

Zimbo2Brits
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Zimbo2Brits » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:16 am

My application has now reached the 6 month mark. :( I just emailed them if they do not approve I’m going to have to get my local MP involved.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:40 pm

I can not honestly understand why there is no consistency and uniformity in the decision timelines. How can people be allowed to wait endlesslessly beyond 6 months after paying exorbitant fees for application. It’s not fair to say the least and unfortunately there nothing, absolutely nothing anyone can do than to just escalate through phone calls or emails which doesn’t work most times.
Bizman

Zimbo2Brits
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Zimbo2Brits » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:22 pm

Zimbo2Brits wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:16 am
My application has now reached the 6 month mark. :( I just emailed them if they do not approve I’m going to have to get my local MP involved.
I emailed on Monday and this is the response I got

Good afternoon,

Your application is with a caseworker and is currently being considered. Unfortunately I can not give you a timeframe but if your caseworker requires any further information they will contact you.

Kind regards

phetherweyt
Sudan

Post by phetherweyt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:51 pm

Zimbo2Brits wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:22 pm

Good afternoon,

Your application is with a caseworker and is currently being considered. Unfortunately I can not give you a timeframe but if your caseworker requires any further information they will contact you.

Kind regards
So contacting them was pointless...

phetherweyt
Sudan

Post by phetherweyt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:18 pm

Zimbo2Brits wrote:
Zimbo2Brits wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:16 am

Good afternoon,

Kind regards
FYI, I've decided to email my MP.

Alisaa
Iran

Post by Alisaa » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:21 pm

phetherweyt wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:51 pm
Zimbo2Brits wrote:

Good afternoon,

Kind regards
So contacting them was pointless...

I have sent an email in 11/02/2021 and asked HO for an update on my application. I have not received a reply yet. It is over 8 months that I am waiting for my decision.
I believe I need to get my MP involve. :|

phetherweyt
Sudan

Post by phetherweyt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:29 pm

Alisaa wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:21 pm

I have sent an email in 11/02/2021 and asked HO for an update on my application. I have not received a reply yet. It is over 8 months that I am waiting for my decision.
I believe I need to get my MP involve. :|

Do it!

The more MPs hear about it the more pressure we can put on the home office to progress those applications. Whatever the reason for the delays is, it needs to be cleared. All applicants should get the same level of service. We all paid the same fees and unless you lied in your application or the HO require clarity, our applications should get approved in the order they were received.

Zimbo2Brits
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Zimbo2Brits » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:55 am

My application got approved today and then responded to my email yesterday. Thank you Jesus

ezroda
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by ezroda » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:00 pm

After playing cat/mouse with the appointments availability 28 days ago, today completed my biometrics/submission.
My appointment at the Mecca of the Passport Offices : London – Her Majesty’s Passport Office Globe House, 89 Eccleston Square, Pimlico, London, SW1V 1PN was for 12:30.
Was there 12:05. Was told to wait a bit and then invited to enter @12:20.
Couldn't understand what exactly the lady that was supposed to be my guide was trying to tell me through the mask, but as she looked tired and bored already, despite her not doing much to help me, decided not to make fuss about it and take my cues from the directions she dispatched by her hand movements.

After my appointment confirmation printout and passport were reviewed/checked and my hands sanitised, had to go through airport-like scan of my bag (keys, belt et al.)
Up on the second floor there was another airport similarity: there were seats for waiting just like at the airport gates. Those were empty, of course as the number of appointments just trickles steadily due to Covid.
Since I have mentioned the virus - everyone wears masks inside, politely steps 2 m away from you etc. & there are many 'sanitation stations' available too. A person from the cleaning team sanitises each cubicle/seat after the appointee leaves.

Since I have submitted my AN, I have discovered this forum - and reading the info here I have discovered few potential issues with my answers to some of the questions. I have uploaded and submitted my documents roughly 3 weeks ago, but decided to upload a second cover letter (regarding potentially confused answer). The uploading was no longer an option, but after my appointment finished, I saw both cover letters listed as UPLOADED.
There was another omission discovered by the guy at the other side of the booth's perspex: on one of the referee letters I have forgottent to put my name! The Horror!

So the guy asked me to fill that one in, then scanned it again and said there shouldn't be a problem. Phew!
Then a picture (by his own admission, the chap could barely fit my Covid-long beard in the frame)  + fingerprints scan + signing on a signature capturing device (until we were both happy with the result) - and I was free to go.

Beginning to end - 15 minutes - so less than a pound a minute for the service.

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:10 pm

ezroda wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:00 pm
After playing cat/mouse with the appointments availability 28 days ago, today completed my biometrics/submission.
My appointment at the Mecca of the Passport Offices : London – Her Majesty’s Passport Office Globe House, 89 Eccleston Square, Pimlico, London, SW1V 1PN was for 12:30.
Couldn't understand what exactly the lady that was supposed to be my guide was trying to tell me through the mask, but as she looked tired and bored already, despite her not doing much to help me, decided not to make fuss about it and take my cues from the directions she dispatched by her hand movements.

After my appointment confirmation printout and passport were reviewed/checked and my hands sanitised, had to go through airport-like scan of my bag (keys, belt et al.)
Up on the second floor there was another airport similarity: there were seats for waiting just like at the airport gates. Those were empty, of course as the number of appointments just trickles steadily due to Covid.
Since I have mentioned the virus - everyone wears masks inside, politely steps 2 m away from you etc. & there are many 'sanitation stations' available too. A person from the cleaning team sanitises each cubicle/seat after the appointee leaves.

Since I have submitted my AN, I have discovered this forum - and reading the info here I have discovered few potential issues with my answers to some of the questions. I have uploaded and submitted my documents roughly 3 weeks ago, but decided to upload a second cover letter (regarding potentially confused answer). The uploading was no longer an option, but after my appointment finished, I saw both cover letters listed as UPLOADED.
There was another omission discovered by the guy at the other side of the booth's perspex: on one of the referee letters I have forgottent to put my name! The Horror!

So the guy asked me to fill that one in, then scanned it again and said there shouldn't be a problem. Phew!
Then a picture (by his own admission, the chap could barely fit my Covid-long beard in the frame)  + fingerprints scan + signing on a signature capturing device (until we were both happy with the result) - and I was free to go.

This is quite enjoyable to read.
But what did you mean ‘uploading was no longer an option’ - thought you could upload and submit additional evidence on your appointment day.

ezroda
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by ezroda » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:25 pm

herrrr wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:10 pm
ezroda wrote:

But what did you mean ‘uploading was no longer an option’ - thought you could upload and submit additional evidence on your appointment day.
Glad you liked it - swear it is true.
Apologies for nor being clear - it was not an option for me as you only get to click 'Submit' once, but yes - during the appointment it was submitted by the guy handling my biometrics capturing.
I am very curious as to what is in the files he added though - anyone that could clarify that point?
Thanks in advance.

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:02 pm

ezroda wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:25 pm
herrrr wrote:
ezroda wrote:

Apologies for nor being clear - it was not an option for me as you only get to click 'Submit' once, but yes - during the appointment it was submitted by the guy handling my biometrics capturing.
I am very curious as to what is in the files he added though - anyone that could clarify that point?
Thanks in advance.
OK thanks.

Did you mean the additional cover letter and referee file the staff uploaded for you? That will be two additional files. I also guess he would have scanned your passport again, then that’s the third additional file. I don’t know if they upload the photos they took as well? You might be able to see the names of the additional files on UKVCAS to find some clues.

ezroda
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by ezroda » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:03 am

herrrr wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:02 pm
ezroda wrote:
herrrr wrote:
ezroda wrote:
My appointment

Thanks in advance.
OK thanks.

Did you mean the additional cover letter and referee file the staff uploaded for you? That will be two additional files. I also guess he would have scanned your passport again, then that’s the third additional file. I don’t know if they upload the photos they took as well? You might be able to see the names of the additional files on UKVCAS to find some clues.
The marked ones are the mystery ones (as I have uploaded the second cover letter prior to the appointment, it only changed to 'Submitted'. Anyone having had similar?
p.s. turns out can't figure out how to insert the picture...

regularuser
India

Post by regularuser » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:58 am

Hello Everyone

Good News to share, Finally we have received our Naturalisation certificates after ceremony.

I want to share the strange thing I found on our certificates,

Initially application was submitted online in start of March and booked the appointment start of April, Lockdown imposed and got the date first week of June.

Biometric given in June and after 1 week email received about feedback, which I share here and no one positively responded and than start waiting for further communication from the HO.

Post seen here from Cullinan about feedback and emailed them and received good news that application was approved but given 10-12 weeks to wait for ceremony.

Ceremony email received in Jan and appointment booked for mid of Feb at Local council.

Finally received certificates and found that date printed on child's certificate was mid of June 2020 since than HO hold our certificates.

Special thank you to Cullinan for his post and all other members here who guided in this tough jounery.

God Bless everyone who are waiting for their outcome.

Thank you :D
regularuser wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:56 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:42 pm
regularuser wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:13 pm
Hi Cullinan

Have you heard back after your approval confirmation from UKVI ?

I have sent an email 2 weeks before that I have been waiting since mid of June no reply from them so far.
For your approval?

shall I call them to chase up, even they didn't send my child's certificate.
Child’s application is approved?

Thanks in advance :(
Hi Cullinan

I have sent an email for the update after reading your post here, seems you may be forget.

I have received my survey email in mid of June, I have raised a question here to see if anyone received similar email but everyone and even moderator closed the topic.

after reading your experience I have sent an email and surprisingly response received very next day with confirmation that application approved for the whole family means me, my wife and my daughter. same email copy paste 8 to 10 weeks you will get your ceremony invitation. I have send now twice email to check any progress as our application was approved back in Mid June and no update whatsoever :evil:

I thought they will send my daughters certificate immediately as she do not need go for ceremony.
Have you got any update ?

Thanks

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:19 pm

Congrats for a well completed journey. Wish you the best in your future endeavours.
Bizman

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:22 pm

ezroda wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:03 am
herrrr wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:02 pm
ezroda wrote:
herrrr wrote:

Thanks in advance.
OK thanks.

The marked ones are the mystery ones (as I have uploaded the second cover letter prior to the appointment, it only changed to 'Submitted'. Anyone having had similar?
p.s. turns out can't figure out how to insert the picture...
Sorry can’t see the picture indeed..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:52 pm

Suggestion for booking biometrics appointments, might be helpful to new users:

You have 45 working days to book an appointment (excluding Sat/Sun) after online submission. These days biometrics appointments are running at a 28 days lag i.e. you get an appointment for the 28th day unless you get to find an earlier cancellation.

My suggestion:
1) Login UKVCAS booking system 12 AM midnight GMT to look for appointments.

2) Look for different centres and locations if you are willing to travel.

3) Look continuously for 3/4 days regularly (after submission and before booking a slot) to find an earlier cancellation or free appointments during the day/after midnight. For free appointments look especially between 6am-9am in the morning. Free options are offered by Core Centres only (week days).

4) If you fail and can not find any earlier cancellations or free appointments for next 3/4 days after submission, book one logging in at 12 AM midnight GMT. You will get one for the 28th day (has to be a week day for better availability). If the 28th day is a Sat/Sun, availability will be almost nil.

I would suggest you try your luck for 3/4 days before you book one. Once you book an appointment, you will not be able to see any more availability.
Cullinan
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:56 pm

Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Step 3: Booking an appointment with UKVCAS.

You must book an appointment now. IDV is the past except T4. You get 45 working days after submission.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment again).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload” separately.

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new self-submit feature.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.