ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Arevik
Newly Registered
Russia

ILR eligibility date

Post by Arevik » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:14 am

Hello,
Could you please help me to get more clarity on when is the earliest we could apply for ILR?
My visa issue date is Feb,11th 2016. Entry to the country is Mar,12th 2016.
My adviser tells me I can submit my application not before Mar,12th 2021. My visa expires on Mar,14th.
I am on Tier 2 General visa.
Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR eligibility date

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:06 am

Arevik wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:14 am
Hello,
Could you please help me to get more clarity on when is the earliest we could apply for ILR?
My visa issue date is Feb,11th 2016. Entry to the country is Mar,12th 2016.
My adviser tells me I can submit my application not before Mar,12th 2021. My visa expires on Mar,14th.
I am on Tier 2 General visa.
Thank you
You are already eligible. The qualifying period starts from the visa issue date for old PBS visa holders like Tier 2 General. The date of entry is irrelevant
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Arevik
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Arevik » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:34 am

Thank you very much for this clarification. Is there any published guidance on which I could rely to show it to my immigration advisor?
The other question is regarding my husband who is on PBS dependent visa. The same dates as me. Do we consider visa issue date or entry date for him?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:17 pm

Arevik wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:34 am
Thank you very much for this clarification. Is there any published guidance on which I could rely to show it to my immigration advisor?
The other question is regarding my husband who is on PBS dependent visa. The same dates as me. Do we consider visa issue date or entry date for him?
Same for your dependant. This is based on the immigration rules Appendix Skilled Worker: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... led-worker
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Arevik
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Arevik » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:46 pm

Thank you very much for the clarification. My immigration adviser tells me something different and insists we can apply only 5 years after the date of entry.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:55 pm

Arevik wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:46 pm
Thank you very much for the clarification. My immigration adviser tells me something different and insists we can apply only 5 years after the date of entry.
Your advisor is wrong. The date of entry is not relevant unless you are applying under the family route

Arevik
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Arevik » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:12 pm

Ok, thank you very much for your quick advice. The other point is that in my check list they ask for 2 year of cohabitation proof but my adviser told me to prepare the proof for for 5 years. Will 2 years proof from 3 different sources be enough?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:22 pm

Arevik wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:12 pm
Ok, thank you very much for your quick advice. The other point is that in my check list they ask for 2 year of cohabitation proof but my adviser told me to prepare the proof for for 5 years. Will 2 years proof from 3 different sources be enough?
Stop listening to everything your advisor says. You only need TWO years cohabitation evidence, from 3 to 6 different sources, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months. In both your names.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Arevik
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Arevik » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:31 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt advice :)

Arevik
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Arevik » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:11 pm

On another point, regarding the payslip. Is it enough to have one the most recent one and 1 bank statement? Or it is better to add for the previous three months?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:00 pm

Arevik wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:11 pm
On another point, regarding the payslip. Is it enough to have one the most recent one and 1 bank statement? Or it is better to add for the previous three months?
Payslip requirement has been removed from the recent rules as far as I see. Just provide the most recent one for now

Arevik
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Arevik » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:10 pm

Ok, thank you very much :)