ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long stay visa for parents in India

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

intothewild85
Newly Registered
India

Long stay visa for parents in India

Post by intothewild85 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:13 am

Hi,
My wife and I are Irish citizens. We live and work in Ireland but our parents live in India.
The process of getting a visa for parents is quite difficult here in EU so we are thinking of moving to Canada as we've heard that its easier to get visa for parents over there. Does anyone here know much about this process?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Long stay visa for parents in India

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:55 am

Hello

I read your other post about Australia. So I understand you are Irish citizens and you would like to take the kids and move either to Canada or Australia in order to be able to bring your parents there.

To be honest, I don't see this as a viable project. As an Irish citizen, you will already struggle yourself to find an immigration route for you in order to establish yourself in Canada or Australia.

For Canada, to sponsor your parents you need to be Canadian or permanent resident in Canada. So you can't just land there and invite your parents. You need first to be established yourself. Then, you need to show financial income over a certain level for 3 consecutive years in order to demonstrate that you can support your parents yourself. The income is detailed here:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentr ... 445&top=14

Then, if you meet the criteria you can apply. Officially, the application takes 2 years:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-re ... rents.html

In practice, a friend who lives in Canada and was trying the process, told me it can take considerably longer and it involves a lot of money...

I don't anyone who tried that in Australia, but again, it's matter of money. You need to be established yourself in Australia then go through this:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/g ... parent-103

They even ask for a bond or frozen money for 10 years in case the parents use social services.

I didn't want to reply to you with 1-line telling your this project is not viable, but I am showing you some evidence why it is. In involves 2 immigration step: you until you become permanent resident, then your parents at great cost and many years of process that may or may not work at the end.

Try EU countries. It will be difficult but less difficult than Australia and Canada.

tonyjohnson
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Long stay visa for parents in India

Post by tonyjohnson » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:27 pm

Anyone who wishes to bring their parents or grandparents to Canada may also consider getting a Super-Visa, which allows them to stay in the country for up to two years. Get legal assistance for Canada’s Parents and Grandparents Immigration Program. You could also consult the Immigration Consultant.

Third party weblink removed by moderator. Advertising your services is strictly prohibited on the forum