ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need suggestion to select the right job offer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

phantom326
Newly Registered
India

Need suggestion to select the right job offer

Post by phantom326 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:10 pm

Hello everyone,

I am from India and work as a software developer with one of the biggest Indian Tech consulting firms. I have recently received 2 job offers and need your help to determine which option I should select. Following are the details of the offers -

1)Offer 1 - from UK's biggest public healthcare sector funded by the Government

2)Offer 2 - from one of my previous clients (one of UK's top 5 insurance companies)

[both offers include sponsorship]

I am on intra company transfer visa and the the most important thing to me is job stability / security. Coming from India and without ILR I feel a bit insecure because of the restrictions of finding the opportunities offering sponsorship and my first and foremost target is to stay in UK for the next 5 yrs so that I can achieve the criteria for settlement(ILR) in the UK. Could you please help me to understand which option is better and why I should take it? What are things to consider in each of these offers? I am very confused and looking forward to your help.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need suggestion to select the right job offer

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:13 pm

Unreasonable to expect complete strangers on an internet forum to make this big decision for you. We have no sight to the job details or offer etc or your skills and experience.

You need to make this decision based in your own circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:11 am

phantom326 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:10 pm
I am on intra company transfer visa and the the most important thing to me is job stability / security. Coming from India and without ILR I feel a bit insecure because of the restrictions of finding the opportunities offering sponsorship and my first and foremost target is to stay in UK for the next 5 yrs so that I can achieve the criteria for settlement(ILR) in the UK. Could you please help me to understand which option is better and why I should take it? What are things to consider in each of these offers?
You already seem to understand the Skilled Work Visa route to immigrate through a job offer, which is the same regardless which offer you accept.

As such, yours is not an immigration question, but a company reputation/employee experience question. Therefore this forum is not the bets place to ask it.

I suggest you try Glassdoor and read employee reviews there, which oftentimes address the question of work culture and job stability at the specific firms that interest you.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

phantom326
Newly Registered
India

Post by phantom326 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:34 pm

Hi..thanks for the response.

Just need one quick clarification -
If employer X assign a COS X for me then can another employer Y also raise a COS request again for my profile if the COS X has already been assigned?

Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:46 pm

No. You cannot have more than one cos assigned to you at a time. Company X would have to withdraw the cos before company Y can assigned one to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.