ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport- Newport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by jotaele » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:43 am

skasyap wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:06 pm
westminster1213 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:02 pm
Hi everyone, I received my passport on Tuesday from HMPO Liverpool but no update on the documents. Does anybody know what the waiting time for that might be and who is best to contact?

Many thanks,
Hello, did you get your documents back yet ?

This Tuesday 09th of Feb, I did receive my passport but on TNT, yet there is no update on documents. I will wait for another week if not will give them a ring but just wanted to find out if you have received your documents and when was it.
Thanks
Track your shipment in the TNT website using the PEX code and you should have two different shipments listed. One for the passport and a different one for the supporting documents.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:05 pm

jotaele wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:43 am
skasyap wrote:
westminster1213 wrote:
Hi everyone, I received my passport on Tuesday from HMPO Liverpool but no update on the documents. Does anybody know what the waiting time for that might be and who is best to contact?

Many thanks,

This Tuesday 09th of Feb, I did receive my passport but on TNT, yet there is no update on documents. I will wait for another week if not will give them a ring but just wanted to find out if you have received your documents and when was it.
Thanks
Track your shipment in the TNT website using the PEX code and you should have two different shipments listed. One for the passport and a different one for the supporting documents.
Unfortunately Freight type is still showing as Passport and No of items is still showing as 1/1 till today date with the delivery date in past 09th of Feb.

jotaele
Mood:
Spain

Post by jotaele » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:20 pm

skasyap wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:05 pm
jotaele wrote:
skasyap wrote:
westminster1213 wrote:

Many thanks,

Thanks
Unfortunately Freight type is still showing as Passport and No of items is still showing as 1/1 till today date with the delivery date in past 09th of Feb.
Then better to escalate this, I'm afraid.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:44 pm

jotaele wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:20 pm
skasyap wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:05 pm
jotaele wrote:
skasyap wrote:

Thanks
Then better to escalate this, I'm afraid.
I have, they got two weeks timescale to deliver documents so have to wait till Tuesday the 23rd of Feb before they will do anything. Timescale excuse is their strongest weapon against our any concerns. They would simply wait till the last day rather acting now and finding if everything is ok.

Missi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Missi » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:17 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:02 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:50 pm
@skasyap

Update: Received my passport today Alhamdulillah. Also, the second consignment (documents) tracking has been updated on TNT delivery date for 9th Feb.
Hello. My educated guess was correct. The second notification I received for documents received was in fact due to my application being transferred internally from HMPO Liverpool to HMPO Durham. So my application was processed by HMPO Durham. Documents received today 9th Feb. Surprisingly received in a big envelope and the certificate was returned as good as new!
Hiya! If you don’t mind can you please tell me how do you know that your application was transferred to HMPO Durham as I applied on 8th of February on 10th of February I received notification that documents received then on Friday 12th I received another notification that my documents are received m little confused

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:40 pm

Missi wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:17 pm
Hiya! If you don’t mind can you please tell me how do you know that your application was transferred to HMPO Durham as I applied on 8th of February on 10th of February I received notification that documents received then on Friday 12th I received another notification that my documents are received m little confused
The envelope with the documents had the HMPO Durham address on it.

HMPO Area Office Durham
Freeman’s Reach
Durham
County Durham
DH1 1SL

I was lucky my application was processed in Durham, Liverpool seems to be a nightmare with returning documents and that too in a bad state. I was lucky my certificate was returned as good as new and promptly!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Missi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Missi » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:11 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:40 pm
Missi wrote:

HMPO Area Office Durham
Freeman’s Reach
Durham
County Durham
DH1 1SL

I was lucky my application was processed in Durham, Liverpool seems to be a nightmare with returning documents and that too in a bad state. I was lucky my certificate was returned as good as new and promptly!
JazakAllah for the quick response, I hope mine will be sorted soon

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:57 pm

Missi wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:11 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:40 pm
Missi wrote:

HMPO Area Office Durham
Freeman’s Reach
Durham
County Durham
DH1 1SL

JazakAllah for the quick response, I hope mine will be sorted soon
Yours will most likely go in processing stage tomorrow/day after and most likely be printed and sent by Friday.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mo2020
Newly Registered

Post by mo2020 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:40 pm

HMPO Liverpool
Docs received 09/02
No progress since then. Anyone else in the same situation?

mo2020
Newly Registered

Post by mo2020 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:43 pm

Amyx67 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:21 am
Hello everyone, I hope you can help me today, so my application got received on 4th February By HMPO Liverpool and my documents got received on 9th February, it’s been 3 days now and the status of my application is still saying documents received not application is being processed, is this normal and also roughly when do you reckon I will receive my passport by
Hi amyx67
I'm in the same situation. Any updates?

Desmond123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Desmond123 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:00 pm

mo2020 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:40 pm
HMPO Liverpool
Docs received 09/02
Same as me, posted on 9th Feb delivered on 10th, only got message that they've received my document yesterday 15th.

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:32 pm

mo2020 wrote:
HMPO Liverpool
Docs received 09/02
HMPO Durham, documents received on 27 January, second notification about documents received on 4 February. Online status updated to "Application being processed" on 4 February, but no updates since.

mo2020
Newly Registered

Post by mo2020 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:41 pm

nnn15 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:32 pm
mo2020 wrote:
HMPO Liverpool
Docs received 09/02
HMPO Durham, documents received on 27 January, second notification about documents received on 4 February. Online status updated to "Application being processed" on 4 February, but no updates since.
Guess another waiting game.

mo2020
Newly Registered

Post by mo2020 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:02 pm

skasyap wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:06 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@skasyap

Update: Received my passport today Alhamdulillah. Also, the second consignment (documents) tracking has been updated on TNT delivery date for 9th Feb.
Hi skasyap

My application status hasn't changed from doc received for more than a week now. What is the best way to contact HMPO?

Hello. My educated guess was correct. The second notification I received for documents received was in fact due to my application being transferred internally from HMPO Liverpool to HMPO Durham. So my application was processed by HMPO Durham. Documents received today 9th Feb. Surprisingly received in a big envelope and the certificate was returned as good as new!
Nice 👍. I am waiting for my passport, on TNT it is currently showing to be delivered today and can only see one scans: which says Driver collection so not sure if they will deliver it today or not.

Cullinan any idea why documents are still not appearing on TNT ?? Does this appear after passport delivered or something?? Thanks

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:12 pm

mo2020 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:02 pm
skasyap wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:06 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@skasyap

Hi skasyap

My application status hasn't changed from doc received for more than a week now. What is the best way to contact HMPO?

Nice 👍. I am waiting for my passport, on TNT it is currently showing to be delivered today and can only see one scans: which says Driver collection so not sure if they will deliver it today or not.

Cullinan any idea why documents are still not appearing on TNT ?? Does this appear after passport delivered or something?? Thanks
Which location have your application went to ? Mine went to Liverpool and they are absolutely hopeless.

Try sending an email to location name@hmpo.gov.uk and include below information:

Applicant’s full name:
Applicant’s date of birth:
Applicant’s full address (including postcode if applicable)
Application Number:

For an e.g my application went to Liverpool so I sent it to Liverpool@hmpo.gov.uk and had some responses back.

Ask for a reason why there is a delay, there is nothing wrong with it, but be prepared for their timescale statements.

I have received my passport but still waiting for my documents to freaking appear on TNT tracking website.

Lastly if you do not want to waste your time then don’t call contact centre or chat. Goodluck !!

ellruf
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by ellruf » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:06 pm

skasyap wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:12 pm

Which location have your application went to ? Mine went to Liverpool and they are absolutely hopeless.

Try sending an email to location name@hmpo.gov.uk and include below information:

Applicant’s full name:
Application Number:

For an e.g my application went to Liverpool so I sent it to Liverpool@hmpo.gov.uk and had some responses back.

Ask for a reason why there is a delay, there is nothing wrong with it, but be prepared for their timescale statements.

I have received my passport but still waiting for my documents to freaking appear on TNT tracking website.

Lastly if you do not want to waste your time then don’t call contact centre or chat. Goodluck !!
I also have delay with supporting docs return, been waiting since 29th Jan, already emailed hmpo to have more information.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:32 pm

ellruf wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:06 pm
skasyap wrote:

Applicant’s full name:
Application Number:

I also have delay with supporting docs return, been waiting since 29th Jan, already emailed hmpo to have more information.
When I spoke to them they said they have 2 weeks to deliver the documents from the date you received your passport so I need to wait till 23rd but yours is now more than 2 weeks. Did you make a complain about it.

I really do not understand if we have received the passport why they are not bothered sending the documents back. I hope they have not lost or misplaced our documents!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:52 pm

@mo2020
Different HMPO locations are working in a different manner. There is no set pattern when the next consignment appears on the TNT website. Some even have received documents without any tracking. It is a hit and trial situation.

In my case, Durham returned my documents and the second consignment (supporting documents) showed up pretty quick, the same day passport was delivered.

mo2020
Newly Registered

Post by mo2020 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:33 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:52 pm
@mo2020
Different HMPO locations are working in a different manner. There is no set pattern when the next consignment appears on the TNT website. Some even have received documents without any tracking. It is a hit and trial situation.

In my case, Durham returned my documents and the second consignment (supporting documents) showed up pretty quick, the same day passport was delivered.
Thanks cullinan for valuable information. My passport has been approved and sent. However I can't track it on tnt website. My tracking number appear unrecognised on tnt website.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:48 pm

It can take up to 1-2 working days to show up on the TNT website after passport is printed and sent by HMPO. Use your PEX number as the PAN number. Use only digits without any space. Also, enter your postcode in capitals and A SPACE e.g. ABC(space)DEF.

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:26 pm

skasyap wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:32 pm
ellruf wrote:
skasyap wrote:

Applicant’s full name:
Application Number:

When I spoke to them they said they have 2 weeks to deliver the documents from the date you received your passport so I need to wait till 23rd but yours is now more than 2 weeks. Did you make a complain about it.

I really do not understand if we have received the passport why they are not bothered sending the documents back. I hope they have not lost or misplaced our documents!!
Hi skasyap, would you mind sharing how long the HMPO took to reply after you emailed location name@hmpo.gov.uk? It's been 3.5 weeks since my documents were received and I got no further updates, so I'm thinking of following your advice to email the HMPO.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:32 pm

nnn15 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:26 pm
skasyap wrote:
ellruf wrote:
skasyap wrote:

Applicant’s full name:
Application Number:

Hi skasyap, would you mind sharing how long the HMPO took to reply after you emailed location name@hmpo.gov.uk? It's been 3.5 weeks since my documents were received and I got no further updates, so I'm thinking of following your advice to email the HMPO.
They took like 3 working days to reply to my email but by then they already approved my application. So for an e.g I sent an email out to 03rd of Feb, and they approved my application on 04th of Feb and then on 06th of Feb they replied back telling me that my application has been approved.

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:56 pm

skasyap wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:32 pm
nnn15 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:26 pm
skasyap wrote:
ellruf wrote:

They took like 3 working days to reply to my email but by then they already approved my application. So for an e.g I sent an email out to 03rd of Feb, and they approved my application on 04th of Feb and then on 06th of Feb they replied back telling me that my application has been approved.
Thank you! So just sending this email was enough to get a response on your application? Did you also submit a complaint (I think CULLINAN mentioned the complaint earlier in this thread)?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:54 pm

nnn15 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:56 pm
Thank you! So just sending this email was enough to get a response on your application? Did you also submit a complaint (I think CULLINAN mentioned the complaint earlier in this thread)?
skasyap wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:55 pm
@Cullinan, there was nothing wrong with my application. After making a formal complain to Liverpool last night, my application is finally approved 10 minutes ago. Oh my days I can’t believe it is finally over. The amount of stress they have given me, I will never forget that.

Anyway all done just waiting for passport now. Thanks for you advice and assurance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:03 pm

nnn15 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:56 pm
skasyap wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:43 am
If you will see my timeline, my application status was changed directly from documents received to application approved. I understand your worries as I was in the same situation, but I made an official complain after 3 weeks as they did not bother assigning my case to examiner.

I would say wait till next Friday and if nothing happens then just contact them on Liverpool@hmpo.gov.uk

Trust me every single email I sent to this email address, some human responded back to give me real update on my application. Don’t waste your time calling HMPO contact centre or via chat. They will simply ask you to wait for 6 weeks which is their timeline or May be longer because every case is different and blah blah !!

Good luck!!
Also see:
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... iries.ofml