ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set m queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aka007
Australia

Set m queries

Post by aka007 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:37 pm

Dear All,

I am going to apply for ILR SET(M) around 10th March. I have prepared my online application form and paused it before the submission step. Gathering the documents now. Looking at the timelines posted on this forum it appears that there is a 5+ month wait for approvals. My FLRM visa expires in June and although I know once the applciation is submitted I can stay as long the applciation is being processed, I am still a bit concerned about the wait time. I have also seen some folks writing about their bad experience with the delayed processing and writing to their MP. Can anyone let me know if there is any news of UKVI trying improve their processing time next month when the lockdown will apparently be eased? Is there any difference between choosing to attend a biometric appointment and submitting photograph online? Any recent experience will help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set m queries

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:43 pm

Can anyone let me know if there is any news of UKVI trying improve their processing time next month when the lockdown will apparently be eased?

Impossible for any forum members to know any such detail or information.
Is there any difference between choosing to attend a biometric appointment and submitting photograph online?

There is no "submitting photo online" option. You must attend a biomterics appointment at ukcvas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aka007
Australia

Post by aka007 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:05 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:43 pm
There is no "submitting photo online" option. You must attend a biomterics appointment at ukcvas.
There are several posts on this and other forums where people have mentioned that they have een notified by UKVI after submission of their online ILR application that their previously submitted biometrics will be reused, and they need to only submit their facial photograph online. They weren't asked to attend any in person appointments. This is also mentioned in the UKVI website, something which they have introduced during the pandemic.

My question was related to those cases.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:47 am

The IDV app was discontinued in the third week of September, except for student visa apllicants. Everyone else has to now attend a biomteic appointment to enroll biometrics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.