ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Over 3 years waiting!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

concernedCit
Newly Registered

Over 3 years waiting!!

Post by concernedCit » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:42 am

I have had experience with the Irish immigration authorities in the the past and I can tell you that the whole process from start to finish WAS stress-free and relatively short (a few weeks at most). Also, there was NO need for a ceremony at all, and the cost was so small.. I can't even remember how much it was! Back then, it was simple. The authorities have complicated it all and made it much more stressful and expensive than it ever needed to be.

We made our application this time in 2017 and we are still waiting for the outcome. This is ridiculously long. The authorities don't really care about our cases, and they're making a financially killing out of all of this. It's immoral and unethical. If we just sit back and continue waiting, they will take as long as they want. So, does anyone know of any legal action that can be taken to speed this whole thing up and alleviate the backlog that's been building up?

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Over 3 years waiting!!

Post by THO » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:50 am

What is it you applied for? What is your situation, where do you live? More information needed.

Ali112
Ireland

Post by Ali112 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:04 pm

concernedCit wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:42 am
I have had experience with the Irish immigration authorities in the the past and I can tell you that the whole process from start to finish WAS stress-free and relatively short (a few weeks at most). Also, there was NO need for a ceremony at all, and the cost was so small.. I can't even remember how much it was! Back then, it was simple. The authorities have complicated it all and made it much more stressful and expensive than it ever needed to be.

We made our application this time in 2017 and we are still waiting for the outcome. This is ridiculously long. The authorities don't really care about our cases, and they're making a financially killing out of all of this. It's immoral and unethical. If we just sit back and continue waiting, they will take as long as they want. So, does anyone know of any legal action that can be taken to speed this whole thing up and alleviate the backlog that's been building up?
I can understand you frustration as i am on same boat with my Autistic son's Application !! straight forward case but they have actually abused me Mentally !!
I am with you on this and i think the best is gather more and more people to either open a petition online and same time EMAIL all the ministers and media to show that for their laziness we are badly impacted !! i am working from home and more complicated and demanding job then what they are doing !!
but if you just do it it wont make that difference BUT let say 1000 people email same thing to all ministers / media then this what i called a wake up call !!

Thanks

pluto1992
Ireland

Post by pluto1992 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:08 pm

Naturalisation is a non-issue for the minister, the ruling party, the govt and the Irish people. Because the people who are waiting for their naturalisation for years dont really matter to the national polity. That is why, there is no avenue other than Judicial Review which would cost money and time which the applicant can and should spend on his/her family. 4th anniversary of my application is approaching. I am thinking of sending a card to the department. This is a long term relationship which deserves to be celebrated. I have reached a point where I am not excited about getting my naturalisation. If it comes, good ... if it does not come, meh ...

Ali112
Ireland

Post by Ali112 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:34 pm

pluto1992 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:08 pm
Naturalisation is a non-issue for the minister, the ruling party, the govt and the Irish people. Because the people who are waiting for their naturalisation for years dont really matter to the national polity. That is why, there is no avenue other than Judicial Review which would cost money and time which the applicant can and should spend on his/her family. 4th anniversary of my application is approaching. I am thinking of sending a card to the department. This is a long term relationship which deserves to be celebrated. I have reached a point where I am not excited about getting my naturalisation. If it comes, good ... if it does not come, meh ...
I do understand I have seen when Health workers raised their voice they all got their certs , i know at least 3 doctors who've applied 2020 NOT 2019 yes it was last year 2020 and all of them got approved.
If voice is not raised it wont matter and it is easily get forgotten !

pluto1992
Ireland

Post by pluto1992 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:39 pm

As for the backlog, the last update was in December, 24000+ applicants are in the system which include 6000+ people waiting for more than 3 years like me. This is a testament to the hard work the department has put in. The efficiency with which they are dealing with the applications should be taught in Civil Service schools all across the globe. I am going to start a petition urging the Irish government to give highest civil awards to the employees of this department. They deserve all the accolades.

concernedCit
Newly Registered

Post by concernedCit » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:52 pm

To Ali12
"I do understand I have seen when Health workers raised their voice they all got their certs , i know at least 3 doctors who've applied 2020 NOT 2019 yes it was last year 2020 and all of them got approved.
If voice is not raised it wont matter and it is easily get forgotten !"

How then do we all do this? Right now, we are thousands of singles. How do we ALL put the pressure on and get this done?

Ali112
Ireland

Post by Ali112 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:07 pm

concernedCit wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:52 pm
To Ali12
"I do understand I have seen when Health workers raised their voice they all got their certs , i know at least 3 doctors who've applied 2020 NOT 2019 yes it was last year 2020 and all of them got approved.

How then do we all do this? Right now, we are thousands of singles. How do we ALL put the pressure on and get this done?
As i said we should atleast open an online petition and get as much signature as possible ! secondly if someone can draft an nice email and ask those who've been impacted with this delay should send email to All the ministers local TD and also to some media.
I can bet you this will blast and minister will have a duty to reply back and you will see a difference.!!

concernedCit
Newly Registered

Post by concernedCit » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:47 pm

concernedCit wrote: ↑Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:52 pm
To Ali12

As i said we should atleast open an online petition and get as much signature as possible ! secondly if someone can draft an nice email and ask those who've been impacted with this delay should send email to All the ministers local TD and also to some media.
I can bet you this will blast and minister will have a duty to reply back and you will see a difference.!!

Can we get proof of the applications made by these doctors, so we can throw it at INIS, alongside the petition? And as for the online petition, we'll need to get as many people involved as possible. That will need a new post, of course, and a very prominent one. And yes, I agree - the media, local politicians, need to hear about this, or INIS will drag it on for months. There must be more we can do as well as this. As I said in my original post, they over-complicated the entire process and made it so expensive, and with next to no accountability or reasoning behind it. And Killarney for the venue???! We need to push for this to be done online, asap... covid or no covid.

polarcub
Mood:
Ireland

Post by polarcub » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:56 pm

I agree with you. Yes I do know of what legal action you can take, and I created a thread recently on this: ireland/foi-and-an-application-for-an-o ... 11264.html

You essentially need a few things:
- submit an FOI request (via email, and request the docs to be sent to you via email)
- get a lawyer, google something like "Dublin Immigration Lawyer" to find one. They will send letters to the Department on your behalf.
- Then after that you need to request a Judicial Review - your lawyer will take care of this, and essentially the courts force the department to give you a decision

There are more details and first hand stories shared on the thread I posted above.
concernedCit wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:42 am

concernedCit
Newly Registered

Post by concernedCit » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:14 pm

I think one thing that really does need to happen is for people to post their experiences about this massive delay, on YouTube. Let people all over the place, get to see what how amazing the Irish government is performing in this area. I think petitions, as good as they are, will get relegated to a pile somewhere. Lawyers are overly expensive. Writing to local councillors/politicians, is going to make little difference, since what do they really care anyway. This needs to go to YouTube - as they say... the court of public opinion!