ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raj_sharma
Newly Registered

British Citizenship Application

Post by raj_sharma » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:47 am

Hi,

I submitted my British Citizenship application in the end of Oct-2020.
I received email from UK Home Office on 1st Dec-2020

Any idea what it could be?

"We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

It is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision. We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible."

Regards,
Raj

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British Citizenship Application

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:30 am

It is a routine holding email sent out to many applicants, not an indication there are issues with your application.
At a guess it's to do with workload scheduling due to the current situation - and your application may not necessarily take 6 months to process.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

raj_sharma
Newly Registered

Post by raj_sharma » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:40 am

Thanks a lot alterhase58 . I assumed so.

In fact part of the email message is on home office website also, it says

After you’ve applied
You’ll usually get a decision within 6 months - some applications can take longer.

It may take longer than the usual 6 months to get a decision because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision.

Link: https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-in ... ve-applied

raj_sharma
Newly Registered

Post by raj_sharma » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:31 am

Hi,

I received similar email 2 weeks prior final decision. I applied in Nov-2020 and received decision letter on 1 week of Feb-2021. Now I am waiting for ceremony letter to book my ceremony.

I posted a query regarding email as above, I received such email twice so probably it is auto system generated whenever your file move forward or some action is performed on your application

Hope this help to other readers

Thanks