ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I renew stamp 1g after 2 years even though I find a job?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tolves
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Can I renew stamp 1g after 2 years even though I find a job?

Post by tolves » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:22 pm

Hi everyone, it's so happy that I find a board to discuss visas and stamps.

I graduated in Sep 2020 and I got my first-year stamp 1g from Sep 2020 to Sep 2021. From INIS, I know I can renew my stamp 1g for one more year(2022).

From INIS, it says:
Renewal of the Stamp 1G registration should be applied for annually, and after 5years on a Stamp 1G, you may apply for a Stamp 4
So my questions are:

1. Does it mean even if when I find a job during stamp 1g available, I still can renew my stamp 1g when it expires and change to stamp 4 until 5 years later?

2. When I find a job, no matter how long the stamp 1g is due, I have to change it to stamp 1?

3. Can I get a one-year contract job first and then apply for CSEP when I get my next job?

Thank you very much.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Can I renew stamp 1g after 2 years even though I find a job?

Post by littlerr » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:40 am

If you obtained 1G because you are a college graduate, the information you quoted does not apply to you.

If you have a Level 8 degree, you will not be able to renew your 1G permission. If you have a Masters or Doctorate degree, you can renew your 1G once for another year.

This means, you must find a job and apply for the relevant employment permit before your 1G expires, otherwise you would have to leave the country (even if you have got a job offer but haven’t applied for the employment permit yet).

Most employment permit related job offers are valid for 2 years. It can be shorter of course but it doesn’t happen that often. Very few employers would want to spend that much of efforts to sponsor you for a permit, only for you to quit in a year.