ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resume British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chinouk

Resume British citizenship

Post by chinouk » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:18 am

Hi everyone, just want to ask I understand there is once only chance to resume British citizenship after renounced it. I want to know the success rate?

My partner Eu nation renounced it 5 yrs ago because I was non Eu family member of eea at that time then he mistakely got British citizenship. He renounced in order me to stay. Can his UK citizebship resumed? We both have good career, own house in UK now etc.

Thank you.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Resume British citizenship

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:56 am

Hello

There are some reasons considered legitimate to renounce British citizenship. They allow to register again as British. See document RS1.

The bad news is that renouncing British citizenship in order to use EEA route for a partner is not one of these reasons that allow quasi-automatic registration as Biritish.

In his case, the decision is said to be at the discretion of the Home Secretary. It means he has not right to it. He needs to apply and they may or may not grant it.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... de_RS1.pdf