ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dalekscaro
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Dalekscaro » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:55 pm

I have applied for FLRM and and uploaded my documents. Fir the bometrics appointment do i only take passports biometric card marriage etc or do i print out bank statement aswell.

If so why do we need to print out bank statements if they already have been submitted.

JeffWebb
Newly Registered

Post by JeffWebb » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:04 pm

My wife's SET(M) ILR decision letter was received by email today (15/02/2021), sent from this address: UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk. The status is approved. The application was submitted to UKVI on 04/09/2020, with biometrics submitted via the IDV app, only, on 11/09/2020. The decision came about two weeks before expiry of the 6 month service period. I've posted an update on the relevant ILR timeline. Now only receipt of the BRP is pending. Hopefully it will arrive within 10 working days from the date of the email (the email and letter share the same date)

Many thanks to the immigrationboards community. It has been- and will continue to be - a great source of information and support in stressful times.

I wish all still waiting the best of luck and hope that you will receive approvals soon.

srd1982
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by srd1982 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:15 pm

Congrats, and thanks for sharing!
I applied a day later on 5/09/20 so you’ve made me very hopeful! 🤞
JeffWebb wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:04 pm
My wife's SET(M) ILR decision letter was received by email today (15/02/2021), sent from this address: UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk. The status is approved. The application was submitted to UKVI on 04/09/2020, with biometrics submitted via the IDV app, only, on 11/09/2020. The decision came about two weeks before expiry of the 6 month service period. I've posted an update on the relevant ILR timeline. Now only receipt of the BRP is pending. Hopefully it will arrive within 10 working days from the date of the email (the email and letter share the same date)

Many thanks to the immigrationboards community. It has been- and will continue to be - a great source of information and support in stressful times.

I wish all still waiting the best of luck and hope that you will receive approvals soon.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:41 pm

Dalekscaro wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:55 pm
I have applied for FLRM and and uploaded my documents. Fir the bometrics appointment do i only take passports biometric card marriage etc or do i print out bank statement aswell.

If so why do we need to print out bank statements if they already have been submitted.
Take all documents including passport, biometrics and appointment confirmation letters.
UKVCAS may re-scan any of the documents which are unclear.
You do not need to print-off soft copies but carry soft copies in your phone just in case.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

kiwihanz
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by kiwihanz » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:59 am

We received my partners SET(M) ILR decision email yesterday (15/02). The status is approved and I've updated the timeline thread. Now to wait for the BRP and send the old one back - it tells you what to do with the old one on the approval letter.

On a positive we have saved money by not being able to use the premium service! Also my partner will be the best person to take to Pub quiz's when they reopen since he's completed his life in UK test.

It really does take the 6months that they advise - so hold tight and wait your turn. We know its tough having no updates but this forum is the best as you can easily judge where they are at with the approvals by date. Also we had our mortgage approved within the last couple of months without requiring the new BRP - I doubt the HO would expediate an application for that reason anyway.

Many thanks to the immigrationboards community you are all fantastic and such a peace of mind at such a stressful time.

Good luck to those still waiting - your turn will come.

Ryhpez
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Ryhpez » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:21 am

Applied for ILR route: Set M
Type of application: Standard
Date application submitted: 02/09/2020
Payment debited: 02/09/2020
Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV app: 10/09/2020
Biometrics using IDV: 11/09/2020
In-Person biometric enrolment: n/a
Decision letter received: 16/02/2021, 08:13am (approved)
BRP card received: Waiting

Finally got the approval, of course I’m so pleased but also disgusted by the HO, feeling being treated unfairly compare to the other categories even though we pay the same application fee, I so resented myself for being so stupid not to book an in person biometrics appointment instead of trusting HO by using their IDV app, my case is pretty straightforward tbf bought house 2 British born kids and both of us work, only thing is we are unmarried partners if that makes a difference, and yes because we aren’t married I’ve got to wait for another year to be able to apply citizenship, the whole process is stomach churning and stressful, HO should be more transparent on the progress of applications instead of letting applicants sitting in dark without knowing anything, hope anyone is waiting will get their decisions soon.

JeffWebb
Newly Registered

Post by JeffWebb » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:12 pm

Ryhpez wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:21 am
Date application submitted: 02/09/2020
Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV app: 10/09/2020
Biometrics using IDV: 11/09/2020
In-Person biometric enrolment: n/a
Decision letter received: 16/02/2021, 08:13am (approved)

Finally got the approval, of course I’m so pleased but also disgusted by the HO, feeling being treated unfairly compare to the other categories even though we pay the same application fee, I so resented myself for being so stupid not to book an in person biometrics appointment instead of trusting HO by using their IDV app, my case is pretty straightforward tbf bought house 2 British born kids and both of us work, only thing is we are unmarried partners if that makes a difference, and yes because we aren’t married I’ve got to wait for another year to be able to apply citizenship, the whole process is stomach churning and stressful, HO should be more transparent on the progress of applications instead of letting applicants sitting in dark without knowing anything, hope anyone is waiting will get their decisions soon.
Congratulations! It looks like September applicants are now starting to receive approvals (as posted earlier, my wife's application was in September and approval was received yesterday).

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:08 pm

@JeffWebb @Ryhpez @kiwihanz congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing your timeline. I applied on 04/09 same day as you @JeffWebb @kiwihanz @cheeta, in person bio on 12/09 and I am still waiting.

JeffWebb
Newly Registered

Post by JeffWebb » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:30 pm

Ameline wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:08 pm
@JeffWebb @Ryhpez @kiwihanz congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing your timeline. I applied on 04/09 same day as you @JeffWebb @kiwihanz @cheeta, in person bio on 12/09 and I am still waiting.
I hope you get your decision soon, Ameline.

kiwihanz
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by kiwihanz » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:19 pm

Ameline wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:08 pm
Fingers crossed it comes through in the next few days for you Ameline.

grizza
Newly Registered

Post by grizza » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:17 pm

I finally received my set m approval email today (18/02/2021). 5 month and a bit (application date was 07/09/2020). I would like to thank all the moderators and contributors on this forum! I posted my timeline update in relevant thread.

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:47 pm

Date application submitted: 04/09/2020
Payment debited: 04/09/2020
In-Person Biometrics: 12/09/2020
Decision letter received: 18/02/2021 3:45pm (approved)

I’m released but as many of us disgusted and annoyed by the HO. It has been a stressful experience and I think the whole process must change to avoid this happening for current/future applicants.

I would like to thank everyone in this forum to keep me sane and informed during very difficult times. I will be forever grateful.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:21 pm

Congratulations Ameline.
I am glad your long painful wait has come to an end.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

JeffWebb
Newly Registered

Post by JeffWebb » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:26 pm

Ameline wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:47 pm

I’m released but as many of us disgusted and annoyed by the HO. It has been a stressful experience and I think the whole process must change to avoid this happening for current/future applicants.

I would like to thank everyone in this forum to keep me sane and informed during very difficult times. I will be forever grateful.
Excellent news Ameline! I'm glad to hear this. The best of luck to you in the future. No more ILR waiting to worry about.

nevsito

Post by nevsito » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:09 pm

Applied for ILR Route : Set (M) for partner
Date application sent : 02/09/2020
Type of application : Standard application
Documents submitted to UKVI using "Submit" option: 10/09/2020
Email re biometric reuse / IDV app: 10/09/2020
Access granted to IDV app: 10/09/2020
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 16/09/2020 (attended appt. rather than use IDV app)
Decision Letter received: 18/02/2021 (approved)
BRP Card Received: waiting

Like a few lately and seemingly on trend, 5 and a half months for SET (M) to be approved. So delighted and relieved it's over and now we go onto citizenship. Congrats to Ameline, JeffWebb, and anyone else recently approved, and thanks to everyone in this forum for the advice and support!

JeffWebb
Newly Registered

Post by JeffWebb » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:20 pm

Congratulations to you too nevsito. Approval arrived at last!

JT67ILRqns
Newly Registered

Post by JT67ILRqns » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:52 am

Ameline wrote:

@Ameline. I'm so happy for you. For a couple of months now, I have been telling my wife that only when you received your news, should we start to think that a decision might be close for us too (we submitted 5 days after you). You really added value to this forum late last year by pulling together the SET (M) statistics, which have been incredibly useful and re-assuring. Thank you. I have followed your posts closely since then and I'm really sorry that this horrendous wait has been so personally painful for you. At least you can put this behind you now and get on with the rest of your life. Congratulations again.

JeffWebb
Newly Registered

Post by JeffWebb » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:48 pm

A final update regarding my wife's SET(M) ILR application. After receiving approval on 15/02/2021 the BRP arrived in the post only four days later on 19/02/2021. No tracking number had been provided (but the decision letter gives advice for what to do in this case if the BRP does not arrive within 10 working days of the date of the decision letter). The IDV app had been used, which included the taking of a photo, but the photo on the new BRP for ILR is the same as the one on the previous BRP (for leave to remain), rather than the photo submitted via the IDV app.

I've updated the timeline with the date of BRP receipt.

srd1982
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by srd1982 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:10 pm

Has anyone here that applied for ILR Set (M) in early September used the IDV app for uploading documents and biometrics had a successful outcome?
I ask because I applied on 5/09/2020 and received email on 17/09/2020 to use the IDV app, which I immediately did. I'm now 14 days off the 6 month mark and still have not heard anything.
I escalated to my MP prior to Christmas, and today he has forwarded me an email only received today (2 months later) from Home Office saying that I've never submitted my biometrics and need to attend an appointment. I'm furious if this is the case, as there has been no contact.
The UKVCAS website still says that you cannot book appointments if you've already submitted via the apps - so I'm now completely unclear about what is going on. Has everyone that received their ILR in September only completed in-person biometrics?.... Or is there any successful applicants here that have only used the IDV App?
Thanks all in advance

JeffWebb
Newly Registered

Post by JeffWebb » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:41 pm

srd1982 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:10 pm
Has anyone here that applied for ILR Set (M) in early September used the IDV app for uploading documents and biometrics had a successful outcome?
I ask because I applied on 5/09/2020 and received email on 17/09/2020 to use the IDV app, which I immediately did. I'm now 14 days off the 6 month mark and still have not heard anything.
I escalated to my MP prior to Christmas, and today he has forwarded me an email only received today (2 months later) from Home Office saying that I've never submitted my biometrics and need to attend an appointment. I'm furious if this is the case, as there has been no contact.
The UKVCAS website still says that you cannot book appointments if you've already submitted via the apps - so I'm now completely unclear about what is going on. Has everyone that received their ILR in September only completed in-person biometrics?.... Or is there any successful applicants here that have only used the IDV App?
Thanks all in advance
My wife's application was submitted to UKVI on 04/09/2020, an email for using the IDV app was received on 10/09/2020 and the IDV app was used to submit proof of ID on 11/09/2020. No in-person biometrics collection was done. Approval was received on 15/02/2021.

To get more information about other peoples September applications look at the SET(M) timeline here:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... -2200.html

srd1982
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by srd1982 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:55 pm

JeffWebb wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:41 pm
srd1982 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:10 pm
Thanks all in advance
My wife's application was submitted to UKVI on 04/09/2020, an email for using the IDV app was received on 10/09/2020 and the IDV app was used to submit proof of ID on 11/09/2020. No in-person biometrics collection was done. Approval was received on 15/02/2021.

To get more information about other peoples September applications look at the SET(M) timeline here:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... -2200.html
Appreciate the reply Jeff, thanks very much - you’ve made me feel slightly better! The fact they’ve taken 2 months to rely to email from MP is crazy... and I’m going to assume the person hasn’t even looked at my application... and given mine was 1 day after your wife’s I’ll remain hopeful that it’s on its way!
Have a good weekend!

jenniferamusic
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jenniferamusic » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:07 pm

I'm in your position too srd1982. I submitted my application September 11th, but I figured mine was perhaps more delayed than other early Septs because I was still waiting on a few final documents before I finally did the IDV document upload in early Oct. Still waiting on decision, but it seems on the timeline thread that a lot of people who submitted applications in early September have been getting approvals this last week. Good luck to you!

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:06 am

JT67ILRqns wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:52 am
Ameline wrote:

@Ameline. I'm so happy for you. For a couple of months now, I have been telling my wife that only when you received your news, should we start to think that a decision might be close for us too (we submitted 5 days after you). You really added value to this forum late last year by pulling together the SET (M) statistics, which have been incredibly useful and re-assuring. Thank you. I have followed your posts closely since then and I'm really sorry that this horrendous wait has been so personally painful for you. At least you can put this behind you now and get on with the rest of your life. Congratulations again.
Thank you so much for your kind words 😊 I'm glad I was useful to you and to other set(m) applicants. The horrendous wait is over and is in the past now but I will never forget and I will try to change the 6 months wait that the Home Office are covering themselves with, as it is just unfair and unhuman for past, current and future applicants and unfortunately set(m) wait is just the worst.

I wish you best of luck, you should get it very imminently 🙏

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:15 am

@poper @JeffWebb many thanks 🙏 😊

@JeffWebb very useful info on the BRP delivery, thanks a lot

@srd1982 stay positive if you can, you will get it very shortly 🙏

@jenniferamusic it doesn't matter for the biometrics, they are all the same. Most people who have got approvals before I did, done their bio (in-person or IDV) later than mine. So don't worry about it and count and compare only from day of submission.

jayeshkaushik

Post by jayeshkaushik » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:40 am

akr2500448 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:50 pm
Not sure whether this is the right place for this but wanted to describe recent experience at a UKVCAS appointment service centre, to help anyone applying during the pandemic.

Attended the UKVCAS appointment (at Hull central library) at 10:30am on 28th Jan 2021.

As soon as I walked in through the front door, they checked if I was wearing a mask and asked me for the appointment confirmation letter. Once confirmed, they asked me to go upstairs and wait. As soon as I went upstairs, my biometrics and photograph was taken. After that, another wait of 10minutes before I got asked to come to a booth. It was a friendly library staff who greeted me. She asked to see my passport and said they need to scan all pages. Once scanned, they returned the passport. Before the appointment, I had received an email that UKVCAS had checked all my uploaded documents and there was no action on me. At the library, the lady asked me whether I wanted to scan anything else. I didn't have anything else to scan so declined. She said that's the end of the appointment then. All done. It was 20min in an out. All I took in was my passport and originals (hardcopies) in a file. They do not keep any originals.

Now the wait starts. I will keep you updated when I hear from the Home Office.
Hi, Did you get the appointment at Hull center easily because I am checking for appointment at HUll and it shows no appointment available even on newly released date. I checked at 12:00 AM when the add new appointments but still it always shows no appointments available.

Thanks