ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA to Romania for Thai wife of Romanian living in UK

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mp274
Newly Registered
Romania

VISA to Romania for Thai wife of Romanian living in UK

Post by mp274 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:39 pm

Hello fellows. Happy to seek common wisdom especially since Romanian formalities are so cumbersome.

I'm a Romanian citizen but I have been working as a professional in the UK for 3 years now and have pre-settled status. Brexit and the pandemic helped me decide to marry my girlfriend (let's call her Anna) and we're now married in the UK for a few months. She is a Thai national who was in the UK with the T4 VISA and now she has applied for EU settlement scheme as my wife to get pre-settled status. 4 weeks into that and waiting. My family is spread in Romania and France. We have several travel issues (besides the pandemic):
1. Anna traveling to Romania.
a. Should we apply for C/TU or C/VV or D/VF visa? What's the most recommended given the pandemic (!?tourist visa) and that I do not physically live in Romania.
a. D/VF visa - any way to get around that ?visit Romania more often, pay medical insurance, ?be employed in Romania.
2. Anna traveling frequently to Romania and France. Every time she would need to obtain a VISA? Ideally, she should get a Romanian residence card to travel frequently to Romania and France and Europe, right? Can she had that and have UK pre-settled status at the same time?
3. Documents
a. We have a UK marriage certificate. It's enough to translate and apostolate it before submission?
b. If we travel together a simple declaration is required or do we need to "legalize" that as well? eviza.mae.ro says "Pentru străinul însoțit de cetățeanul român al cărui membru de familie este: Paşaportul sau actul de identitate al cetăţeanului român, în original, însoţit de declaraţia cetăţeanului român privind asigurarea condiţiilor de cazare;"
c. Medical insurance - should cover COVID19 infection as well. We both had the infection. Will get vaccinated soon.
d. My Romanian national ID (carte de identitate) is expired. Could we just use my passport in all cases or would I need to go back to Romania first to have it renewed (found out I cannot have that done at the consulate).

Thank you very much for your support!