ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of birth error on application and late UKVCAS appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

atsarvouli
Newly Registered
Greece

Date of birth error on application and late UKVCAS appointment

Post by atsarvouli » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:55 am

Hello members!

This forum is great, thank you for all your help with my application.

I have a question to ask, I submitted my online application and attended my biometrics appointment this week where the officer realised that I have entered the wrong date of birth.. instead of 1982 I typed 2020 which made me a few months old and the system didn't allow her to enter my fingerprints as I was only a baby. Obviously, they asked me to call the Home Office and after I change my date to come back. I emailed the further nationality enquiries and waiting for a response. Also, I should add here that I remember the date being 2020 and I changed it before submitting, not sure what has happened there, maybe that was a technical issue?

My question is whether this mistake can be changed from their end? Or would they ask me to apply again meaning I will lose the application fee?

And also if they correct it in the end, my deadline for me to attend a biometrics appointment is on 9th March. I doubt there will be enough time to attend an appointment by 9th March, there are no available appointments at the moment either. Would it be a problem if I attend an appointment later in the month? Can they give me an extension?

And a last question please, is the application for ILR an immigration application that we had to add on our application? Under the question "Have you made any UK immigration applications from the UK or aborad" I replied NO, would I need to let them know about that too?

Thank you so much for your help, apologies for the long post! I wish you all well!

All the best,
Anna

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Date of birth error on application and late UKVCAS appointment

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:33 pm

I would advise you to withdraw your application and re-apply.
If your biometrics are still due, you would get a refund.

Reason: If you input your DOB as 2020 instead of 1982, you filled the wrong form. Note, the AN form adapts to MN1 (that is for a child below 18) automatically as per the DOB.

You would have missed the correct AN questions as the online form adapts with each answer as you go along. You answered the MN1 questions instead. So its not only about the DOB, its about the whole online form.
And a last question please, is the application for ILR an immigration application that we had to add on our application?
Yes, you need to declare all UK immigration applications including ILR.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:38 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:33 pm
If your biometrics are still due, you should get a refund.
Op has stated they have already attended biomterics and ukcvas picked up the mistake too.
atsarvouli wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:55 am
I have a question to ask, I submitted my online application and attended my biometrics appointment this week where the officer realised that I have entered the wrong date of birth..
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:38 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:33 pm
If your biometrics are still due, you should get a refund.
Op has stated they have already attended biomterics and ukcvas picked up the mistake too.
atsarvouli wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:55 am
I have a question to ask, I submitted my online application and attended my biometrics appointment this week where the officer realised that I have entered the wrong date of birth..
Yes but OP was sent back without submission and told to come back when DOB is sorted.
Obviously, they asked me to call the Home Office and after I change my date to come back.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

atsarvouli
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by atsarvouli » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:10 pm

Thank you so much for your replies! Aw god what a mess! Not sure how this thing happened, I did enter a lot of information in the application like the fact that I am married, my husband's details etc. I would have thought that it wouldn't ask me these details if the system thought I was a baby so not sure how the application adapted to the DOB.

And yes indeed UKVCAS took my photo and then they realised that there is an error and told me to call the Home Office and I need to go back after I sort it out so I guess they didn't submit my biometrics cause they only took my photo, they couldn't take my fingerprints.

Thank you again, I will wait for a few days to see if the Home Office replies back to my email, otherwise I will withdraw the application..

Thanks again.

All the best,
Anna

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:15 pm

Some questions are generic but the form does adapt to MN1 as per the DOB. Did the form ask you about English Requirements and Life in UK??

Home Office helpline might not be useful in this case as they can not change your submitted data online.

But yes, wait for few days and take an informed decision then.

atsarvouli
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by atsarvouli » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:43 pm

Thank you for your reply! Yes it did ask me for both English language certificate and life in the UK reference number!

I will wait and see, I just panicked because if they can make the change, there is the deadline for the biometrics in 15 days and I won't be able to attend an appointment by then. I also don't want them to think that I tried to deceive them by any means! Fingers crossed let's see what they say..

Thanks again for all your help!

Best regards,
Anna

katanayi
Mood:

Post by katanayi » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:09 pm

Biometric deadline will not affect your application due covid. This has been to told by UKVI.
If you have doubt send twit to them, will respond immediately

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:07 am

atsarvouli wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:10 pm
Okay its my bad. I got it now.

Usually when an adult starts the AN application and fills his/her form, same adult can add family members later on in the same ACCOUNT. If another CHILD applicant is added in the same account and the category is chosen as “Child below 18”, then the child’s form adapts to MN1 automatically within the same adult’s AN account.

Since, you started an AN form, you filled the correct form (I was wrong previously as I mixed up two scenarios). Simply inputting the wrong DOB (equivalent to a child) did not change your form layout/questions, but left UKVCAS with no biometrics option for you on their system (as it classifies you as a baby).

atsarvouli
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by atsarvouli » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:04 pm

katanayi wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:09 pm
Biometric deadline will not affect your application due covid. This has been to told by UKVI.
If you have doubt send twit to them, will respond immediately
Thank you so much! I got an automatic email response which mentions that too so I hope it's all fine!
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:07 am
atsarvouli wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:10 pm
Okay its my bad. I got it now.

Usually when an adult starts the AN application and fills his/her form, same adult can add family members later on in the same ACCOUNT. If another CHILD applicant is added in the same account and the category is chosen as “Child below 18”, then the child’s form adapts to MN1 automatically within the same adult’s AN account.

Since, you started an AN form, you filled the correct form (I was wrong previously as I mixed up two scenarios). Simply inputting the wrong DOB (equivalent to a child) did not change your form layout/questions, but left UKVCAS with no biometrics option for you on their system (as it classifies you as a baby).
Thanks so much, I got a response today and even though it confused me, I will go ahead and book a biometrics appointment.

The response was that:
"Thank you for your e-mail
According to our records, your Date of birth IS as requested
Thanks"

I understand that the date was correct from the beginning.. that's why the capitalised "IS" right? but then I don't understand how the UKVCAS saw something different..

I will call them to see if they can check on their end before I attend the appointment.

Thank you so much again! I will keep you posted in order to help other members with similar issues.

Best regards,
Anna

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:26 am

What is your DOB on the completed PDF online form? Is it correct there?

atsarvouli
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by atsarvouli » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:16 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:26 am
No on the PDF is wrong, it is 2020. that's why I don't understand Home Office's response..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:10 pm

atsarvouli wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:16 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
No on the PDF is wrong, it is 2020. that's why I don't understand Home Office's response..
In my opinion, you are wasting your time chasing HO. It is very unlikely the HO helpline can help you change any submitted data online.

atsarvouli
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by atsarvouli » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:05 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:10 pm
atsarvouli wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:16 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
In my opinion, you are wasting your time chasing HO. It is very unlikely the HO helpline can help you change any submitted data online.
Aw no you think so? Then who could help right? I emailed the further nationality enquiries email cause I thought they can do something. When I called they said I should email this address.. aw what a mess!