ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation through ILR route

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jayeshkaushik

Naturalisation through ILR route

Post by jayeshkaushik » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:53 am

Hello Respected Gurus,

I have one query for Naturalisation through ILR route.
I was granted ILR in August 2017 from Tier 2 General and now applying for Naturalisation along with my wife and daughter.

I want to know what is the actual application date for home office. Is it the one on which we pay and submit online application or will it be on the day when we submit our biometrics at UKVCAS service point?

I have submitted online application and paid fee on 19 Feb but unable to get any appointment at my local UKVCAS center. We were out of country 5 years ago from 16th March so if I don't get appointment before 16th March will my application be invalid?

Thanks
Jayesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation through ILR route

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:20 am

1. Please do not tag your questions onto other members topics. Post split to you own topic.

2. Date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT the biomterics appointment date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jayeshkaushik

Post by jayeshkaushik » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:40 am

Thank you for your prompt reply CR001 and apologies for tagging my question on someone else's.

There is one more query I have, I am not sure if it can be asked on this topic or not. Please remove it from here if not appropriate. I have applied for naturalisation along with my wife and daughter (born in UK before our ILR), but i have not included my son who was born in UK after we had ILR. We applied for his right of abode and Certificate of Entitlement in Indian Passport after his birth. It is my understanding that we can apply for his british passport and don't need to do his naturalisation application. I was planning to apply for his british passport at time when we applied our (after successful naturalisation application and citizenship ceremony). Is this correct or we need to apply for his naturalisation as well because we have got an Indian passport for him?

Regards
Jayesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:58 am

Correct re son born after you got ilr, child is automatically British and can simply apply for a passport. Note that you should retain your ilr brp as that is proof of his entitlement to citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jayeshkaushik

Post by jayeshkaushik » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:02 am

Thank you so much CR001 for your reply.
I will keep a copy of my and my wife's ILR before handing it over to UKVI. We also have his passport with Certificate of Entitlement which should act as proof of his citizenship.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:06 pm

jayeshkaushik wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:02 am
Thank you so much CR001 for your reply.
I will keep a copy of my and my wife's ILR before handing it over to UKVI. We also have his passport with Certificate of Entitlement which should act as proof of his citizenship.
Not copy. You should retain the original and write to HO with the reason of doing that.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

jayeshkaushik

Post by jayeshkaushik » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:53 am

Thanks for letting me know that originals will be required for my son's passport application.
I will apply for his passport now, as we will be waiting for our decision on naturalisation for few weeks and i have all the original documents with me.

Jayesh