ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship by descent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

liv15
Newly Registered
Algeria

British citizenship by descent

Post by liv15 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:21 pm

Hi everyone, has anyone applied for naturalisation through citizenship by descent? If you did, how was the process? was the application fast and smooth?

secret.simon

Re: British citizenship by descent

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:25 pm

One normally does not naturalise through citizenship by descent. Naturalisation is a process of acquiring citizenship via a visa process, not via descent.

If you give us some more details of your ancestry, we may be in a better place to guide you.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

liv15
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by liv15 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:45 pm

British father born in the UK, parents unmarried. trying to apply for British citizenship and I want to know the process and length of application, generally peoples experience with the entire process.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:50 pm

What's your date of birth?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:51 pm

Were you born before 2006?
Was your father born before 1983?
Do you have proof of your father's birth in the UK (birth certificate, etc) and your own birth certificate with your father's name on it?

If yes to all the above, you should be able to apply on Form UKF. Also see this discussion thread.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:56 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

liv15
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by liv15 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:51 pm

thank you guys, I have all the requirements, I was just looking to see and hear about other people's experience.

liv15
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by liv15 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:10 pm

vinny wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:50 pm
What's your date of birth?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:17 pm

See this discussion thread.

To avoid this thread becoming a parallel thread on the same topic, I'll lock this thread. Ask any questions about experience of applying on Form UKF in that thread.