ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i be sponsor of my 15 months baby, myself Pakistani citizen and on visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kashiramzan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

can i be sponsor of my 15 months baby, myself Pakistani citizen and on visit visa

Post by kashiramzan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:11 pm

Kindly guide me regarding expenses and sponsoring my 15 month old baby. I am Pakistani citizen and have been issued visitor visa. While applying my sons application, in the section about income and finances available, I filled that I will be sponsoring and taking his care while in UK as he is a minor and bear all his expenses. What I wish to ask is to kindly guide if I have made a mistake in his application and need to cancel and apply again or I, being a Pakistani citizen can sponsor my child visit to UK.. I,ll be thankful for proper gudance and urgent reply

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: can i be sponsor of my 15 months baby, myself Pakistani citizen and on visit visa

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:03 pm

Hello

Why didn't you apply together?

Was the baby born when you applied for the visa for yourself? Where is the other parent?

kashiramzan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: can i be sponsor of my 15 months baby, myself Pakistani citizen and on visit visa

Post by kashiramzan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:10 pm

Initially I had applied for myself only, and now my wife also wants to accompany me as things are getting better in UK regarding Covid, so now its her application with our son. While filling his form, we filled that I will be supporting his expenses for the visit.
Is it required that Spomsor can only be permanent UK resident. I hope u got my point

kashiramzan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by kashiramzan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:11 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:03 pm
Hello

Why didn't you apply together?

Was the baby born when you applied for the visa for yourself? Where is the other parent?
Kindly guide me how to proceed further. I have stated the facts here
Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:24 pm

Who sponsored you? Were you sponsored by a UK resident yourself?

You can state that you are going to pay for your child trip, this is not the issue.

But your application makes me nervous.

This is an entire household applying but not everyone together. You apply. Then when you get the visitor visa your wife and kid apply also. Maybe I am paranoid, but I am not sure it will fly well with the Home Office.

Sometimes they are ok to deliver a visitor visa just because the applicant applied alone without the rest of the household. However, if just after that everybody else applies, that may increase risk of refusal as it gives the feeling that you are applying as a household but trying to keep it under the radar.

I wouldn't go as far as cancelling the application for the baby. But the entire story looks a bit worrying to me.

kashiramzan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by kashiramzan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:43 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:24 pm
Who sponsored you? Were you sponsored by a UK resident yourself?

You can state that you are going to pay for your child trip, this is not the issue.

But your application makes me nervous.

This is an entire household applying but not everyone together. You apply. Then when you get the visitor visa your wife and kid apply also. Maybe I am paranoid, but I am not sure it will fly well with the Home Office.

Sometimes they are ok to deliver a visitor visa just because the applicant applied alone without the rest of the household. However, if just after that everybody else applies, that may increase risk of refusal as it gives the feeling that you are applying as a household but trying to keep it under the radar.

I wouldn't go as far as cancelling the application for the baby. But the entire story looks a bit worrying to me.
I am a regular employee in Pakistani Hospital, and I am going to appear for an Exam which was initially intended to be held in Feb 21 but delayed due to lockdown in UK and I have enough finances in my account, so I was issued visa.
Hhhhmmm yes I do understand ur concern regarding whole family applying separately raises some red flags. But in the Application we have entered the true facts regarding purpose and now they want to join me and Visit UK also.
In supporting documents of my son they required Sponsor letter and that the Sponsor is not in breach of UK laws by sponsoring, thats why I was worried that I have made some error and was going to cancel his application.
Regarding me wife's application, she is also able to support herself during intended stay in UK.
What do u advise,
1. Should I write a letter for my son, that I will be sponsoring and supporting him for UK travel and attach my bank statements.
2. Write a letter that I will not be in breach of UK immigration laws at the time of visit while supporting my son.
Thats what I am worried about