ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(0) QUERY

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nye
Newly Registered
Singapore

ILR SET(0) QUERY

Post by nye » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:35 am

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere but I can't see anything on this when I search.

I am applying for ILR via the SET (M) - tier 2 general 5 yrs route form and my tier 2 general visa was issued 21 March 2016(BRP issue date). I have entered the UK on 19th April 2016. I am aware I can apply for ILR 28 days prior to my BRP issue date which is from 22nd Feb 2021. I am filling up the online application and was wondering abt the question:

How long have you lived in the UK?

Should I put this to 4 year 10 months or I should wait for 1 month aka 4 year 11 months then apply? Just to be certain to avoid a straight rejection

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR SET(0) QUERY

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:05 am

I am applying for ILR via the SET (M) - tier 2 general 5 yrs route form
Why are you using SET M?? It is the wrong form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nye
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by nye » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:14 am

Sorry a typo. SET O

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:44 am

That question is not important. Put whatever you want
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice